Xbox Game Studios |OT7| Discover Your Next Favorite OT

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Interesting points on the image

- Slide Kick on the notepad
- A lot of kitchen scenario related stuff (Kitchen Scenario Windows, Door and etc)
- A specific model of a Meat Clever (meatcleavermodel.meatcleaverblade)
- RIG_CMSecuritySuit_Male
- Rig_BaseHuman
I wouldn't read anything too much in to the kitchen or the meat clever, maybe they're testing It mechanic to pick up weapons or throw weapons, or testing environmental weapons or something.

But, CM Security on the other hand... Corporate Millitary? City of Manchester? Celtic Manatee?

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

New job at Ninja Theory : World Class game designer

This is an amazing opportunity to be involved at the very start of the development of one of our recently announced titles and requires an experienced, talented and passionate designer with a demonstrable track-record as a Creative Lead or Lead Designer on multiple AAA titles.
Hellblade 2 or Project dreadnought ?

Apr 6, 2018

New job at Ninja Theory : World Class game designer

Hellblade 2 or Project dreadnought ?
project dreadnought isn't actively developed right now, with insight, mara and hb2 currently in the work

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Project Dreadnought is not a game. "Project Dreadnought" just describes their model for game development; small teams, impactful and high-quality experiences.

Actual game projects in dev at Ninja Theory:
  • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Project Mara
"The Insight Project" is the overall goal to alleviate mental distress.

Jun 4, 2019
I hope 343 has some Halo 4ish multiplayer maps for Halo Infinite. I absolutely loved some of the Halo 4 MP maps in terms of design and how they overall looked, very fun to play in as well. 5 was good, sure, but I highly prefer Halo 4 maps.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Another Game Pass story:

I've been in a gaming rut since beating Fallen Order a few weeks back. Nothing has seemed to pique my interest. I've gone around downloading a couple of Game Pass titles such as Overcooked 2, Metro: Exodus, and Yooka-Laylee and none of them really grabbed me.

Then I came across Wasteland 2. I knew Wasteland 3 would be coming out in May and the download was only 9 GB so I figured, why not? And I'm really glad I downloaded it. I don't have hardly any experience with classic CRPG's. I've been wrongfully judgmental of them in the past because of the way the gameplay looked. I instantly sunk in about 3 hours in one sitting last night. The gameplay feels great, but even better is the writing in my opinion. All the characters so far have had great dialogue that doesn't feel contrived and I was hooked by the story pretty instantaneously.

I think up until this point I had been pretty "meh" on the inXile acquisition, but now that I've gotten hands-on time with Wasteland 2 I've definitely come around on them.

I have no idea if I'll actually beat the game, as I kinda struggle with games that last 80+ hours with the amount of limited time that I have, but I'm certainly quite enjoying the game right now.

Super Havoc

Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Another Game Pass story:

I've been in a gaming rut since beating Fallen Order a few weeks back. Nothing has seemed to pique my interest. I've gone around downloading a couple of Game Pass titles such as Overcooked 2, Metro: Exodus, and Yooka-Laylee and none of them really grabbed me.

Then I came across Wasteland 2. I knew Wasteland 3 would be coming out in May and the download was only 9 GB so I figured, why not? And I'm really glad I downloaded it. I don't have hardly any experience with classic CRPG's. I've been wrongfully judgmental of them in the past because of the way the gameplay looked. I instantly sunk in about 3 hours in one sitting last night. The gameplay feels great, but even better is the writing in my opinion. All the characters so far have had great dialogue that doesn't feel contrived and I was hooked by the story pretty instantaneously.

I think up until this point I had been pretty "meh" on the inXile acquisition, but now that I've gotten hands-on time with Wasteland 2 I've definitely come around on them.

I have no idea if I'll actually beat the game, as I kinda struggle with games that last 80+ hours with the amount of limited time that I have, but I'm certainly quite enjoying the game right now.

This is dope my man and exactly my experience using Game Pass to play Mutant Year Zero, a turn based strategy game in which I've always avoided and had 0 experience with and now love. I've beaten it a good four times now.

Alandring

Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
- Horror, experimental title.
- Melina Juergens (Hellblade) is back as the main character
- It will feature One Character, One Location

Go to 5:47 to see them reveal it.
Ok, thank you very much.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Another Game Pass story:

Such an excellent game. I’m currently playing through it. I believe I’m half way I through. Can’t wait to see what they did with a budget

Jun 4, 2019
I am hoping the next SoD will have a much higher budget and that it will show in it's animations, visuals, polish especially too, although not sure if that last one has to do with budget.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
I’ll happily defend H4’s MP. Not the launch version, that was terrible, but the version once they’d ditched the ordnance rubbish. There were some great maps in there, and I feel like it has about the best weapon toolbox in the series (that sticky detonator got me a few excellent kills on people who I couldn’t even see). It took a bit of time to get there, but it wound up being second only to Halo 3 for MP for me.

[small disclaimer: I’ve barely touched H5 MP so am not including it in my comparison]

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 4 did have some decent to great maps, excluding remakes.

Haven
Abandon
Longbow
Exile
Landfall
Monolith
Skyline
Perdition
Vertigo

If that was Halo 4's base map set in 2012, with Ragnarok and Pitfall, it would have been amazing. Even maps like Meltdown and Vortex were good. Unfortunately we had to deal with stuff like Complex, while the majority of good maps were stuck to DLC

Jun 4, 2019
I’ll happily defend H4’s MP. Not the launch version, that was terrible, but the version once they’d ditched the ordnance rubbish. There were some great maps in there, and I feel like it has about the best weapon toolbox in the series (that sticky detonator got me a few excellent kills on people who I couldn’t even see). It took a bit of time to get there, but it wound up being second only to Halo 3 for MP for me.

[small disclaimer: I’ve barely touched H5 MP so am not including it in my comparison]
Halo 4 did have some decent to great maps, excluding remakes.

Haven
Abandon
Longbow
Exile
Landfall
Monolith
Skyline
Perdition
Vertigo

If that was Halo 4's base map set in 2012, with Ragnarok and Pitfall, it would have been amazing. Even maps like Meltdown and Vortex were good. Unfortunately we had to deal with stuff like Complex, while the majority of good maps were stuck to DLC

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Microsoft need to secure Moon studios...

Insomniac also wanted to remain independent. but I feel that Ori Will of the wisp is going to be a very very very big game which will give enormous confidence to moon studios. especially that their next IP is an Action RPG

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Insomniac also wanted to remain independent. but I feel that Ori Will of the wisp is going to be a very very very big game which will give enormous confidence to moon studios. especially that their next IP is an Action RPG
I'm sure Microsoft has tried but if Moon Studios want to remain independent then that's what's going happen for now. You can't really compare a huge studio that uses actual office space and been in the industry for a long time to a smaller one that primarily works through telecommuting and has only one game under their belt.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

I'm pretty sure they've been trying to but Moon and Thomas are in the driver's seat and don't seem to need MS as much as MS needs them. To me it sounds like Studio MDR where their first outing was a smash hit so they get to dictate terms. At the end of the day I don't know anything though so it's just a guess.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure they've been trying to but Moon and Thomas are in the driver's seat and don't seem to need MS as much as MS needs them. To me it sounds like Studio MDR where their first outing was a smash hit so they get to dictate terms. At the end of the day I don't know anything though so it's just a guess.
MS doesn't need Moon Studios more or less than Moon Studios needs MS. It's a successful partnership that created a successful IP MS owns and will continue to support. Moon Studios has incentive to support it as well because it's their baby.
XGS will continue creating partnerships with third party studios for future games.

Studio MDR is a completely different situation where MS supported them with additional funding but doesn't own the IP nor did they publish it. They got console exclusivity out of the deal but allowed Stuido MDR to port it to Switch not only for additional revenue but as a gateway to add Xbox live users.

Walken

Nov 25, 2019
Another Game Pass story:

I see Wasteland Remastered is coming Feb. 25. Guess it doesn't really matter starting out with Wasteland 2?

Apr 6, 2018

Thomas Mahler already confirmed that he doesn't want to be bought to manage his new ip and that msft offered them a lot of money but he refused

Brandon456076

Dec 13, 2019

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Thomas said they currently have 80 devs, and now that they ship Ori 2 the full team will move on to their action RPG.
Damn 80...

With Playground Games it was the studios to secure in priority.

Ori will of the wisp is AAA.

Ori 1 had only 2 designer, for will of the wisp they recruit designer from AM2R, Rayman legends etc ... it will be exceptional.

I hope that will of the wisp will be much longer and much more open with an exceptional combat system.

If it fixes the faults of 1 it's going to be the biggest metroidvania 2D evermade

Jun 4, 2019
Thomas Mahler already confirmed that he doesn't want to be bought to manage his new ip and that msft offered them a lot of money but he refused
I remember Playground saying the same thing about wanting to stay independent and not too long after that Phil announced them as XGS studio. So I guess, never say never. :)

Thomas said they currently have 80 devs, and now that they ship Ori 2 the full team will move on to their action RPG.
I wonder if that's a 3D action RPG, sideecrolling 2D ARPG or maybe isometric.

VeePs

Oct 25, 2017
I hope 343 has some Halo 4ish multiplayer maps for Halo Infinite. I absolutely loved some of the Halo 4 MP maps in terms of design and how they overall looked, very fun to play in as well. 5 was good, sure, but I highly prefer Halo 4 maps.
Halo 4 had some good BTB maps.

As for Arena maps, I thought some maps weren't that well balanced. Ultimately, I think it just depends on what they choose gameplay wise. If they keep sprint, maps will need to be large. If they go towards something more classic or similar to the H5 mythic playlist, Halo 4 maps would be a bit too big imo (the 4v4 ones at least).

I really liked Haven and Skyline tho.

Halo 5 had some good map design for Arena modes but man... that art style. I'm glad Halo Infinite is moving away from it.

Halo 2 Anniversary had a great art design in the MP tho.

Skybox, background, architecture, etc. It looked great.

Halo Infinite needs a better Forge as well tbh. I'm hoping 343i and Skybox Labs can create a really robust map design tool.

Jun 4, 2019
Halo 4 had some good BTB maps.

As for Arena maps, I thought some maps weren't that well balanced. Ultimately, I think it just depends on what they choose gameplay wise. If they keep sprint, maps will need to be large. If they go towards something more classic or similar to the H5 mythic playlist, Halo 4 maps would be a bit too big imo (the 4v4 ones at least).

I really liked Haven and Skyline tho.

Halo 5 had some good map design for Arena modes but man... that art style. I'm glad Halo Infinite is moving away from it.

Halo 2 Anniversary had a great art design in the MP tho.

Skybox, background, architecture, etc. It looked great.

Halo Infinite needs a better Forge as well tbh. I'm hoping 343i and Skybox Labs can create a really robust map design tool.
Oh man I can never hate on the art style in 4, especially in the campaign I loved it.

What I didn't link in Halo 4 MP, not sure if 5 had this as well is that 343 eventually threw all maps in the rotation, which included several of the Forge created maps and they just looked so ugly compared to 343s own hand crafted ones. It's great that they support user made forge maps but please don't just throw it all in there.

Goes for modes too, I recall that even though we chose Slayer, we got other modes as well in the rotation.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember Playground saying the same thing about wanting to stay independent and not too long after that Phil announced them as XGS studio. So I guess, never say never. :)
Playground is a huge studio with actual office space working on two AAA franchises with a long history of success with MS. I don't understand why these type of studios and them being acquired are used in relation to a smaller studio that primarily telecomutes and has only made one game, granted a very successful one, and wants to try their hand at creating and owning their own successful IP.

Hudsoniscool

Jun 5, 2018
Microsoft needs to do whatever they can to make moon studios happy.Then 1st try to acquire them. If that doesn’t happen try to secure publishing rights to there next game even if that means moon owns the IP. If that doesn’t work at the very least try to secure their next game onto gamepass.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Hi! thomasmahler
With the great growth of Moon studios, your role in Ori Will of the wisp is still the same but my question is if you are more focused on writing and expanding the universe or you are still heavily involved in systems/game level design ? Because in Ori and the blind forest you take almost all the roles Art director / Writer and Game designer ^^

Jan 4, 2018
I am hoping the next SoD will have a much higher budget and that it will show in it's animations, visuals, polish especially too, although not sure if that last one has to do with budget.
Better visual quality is always nice, but to me they're already ok, what I would like to see is them doubling down on the simulation, for example:
- different meteorological conditions (while raining zeds hear you less but you can't run as well outside, maybe risk catching a cold. Similar with snow but also with slower zombies and some hidden under the snow that can grab you by surprise...)
- The ability to choose when changing bases if you want to take all the community or just 2-3 members to start a new one and the rest become a friendly enclave
- Bases that are not limited in their form. You can set up a perimeter (either existing walls/fences or by creating barricades) and once you close a perimeter all the space (buildings included) become part of the base and you can build things inside of them (or outside in open spaces). And with the possibility of over time barricade other streets to augment the size. The idea is after playing long enough, being able to have a settlement that's more like a small town than just a building and its surroundings
- And of course, a good enough AI so a full-on management mode is possible, where you don't control characters directly but just give them orders (you go scavenge this building with this other survivor while you two go help that friendly enclave...) and build the base
I see Wasteland Remastered is coming Feb. 25. Guess it doesn't really matter starting out with Wasteland 2?
It depends.
You can certainly play 2 without 1 and enjoy it.
But, a lot of the NPC you meet at the beginning of the game and that are your quest givers/traders are the main cast of Wasteland 1.
It's kinda like Borderlands 1 and 2.
You can play 2 without 1 but then you won't know that Lilith, Rolland etc... are not just another NPC but part of your group in 1 and there's things about the world that you hear about all the time but you don't know a lot about because are things that happened at the time of the first game so you haven't experienced them

Walken

Nov 25, 2019
It depends.
You can certainly play 2 without 1 and enjoy it.
But, a lot of the NPC you meet at the beginning of the game and that are your quest givers/traders are the main cast of Wasteland 1.
It's kinda like Borderlands 1 and 2.
You can play 2 without 1 but then you won't know that Lilith, Rolland etc... are not just another NPC but part of your group in 1 and there's things about the world that you hear about all the time but you don't know a lot about because are things that happened at the time of the first game so you haven't experienced them
Good to know, I think I will just pre-install and start from there.

Thank you