• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Woj: Stephen A. Smith re-signs with ESPN for 5/40 highest paid sports personality.

maruchan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Breaking Stephen a smith re-signs with ESPN. Love him or hate him he is the face of ESPN. They were not going to let him go to fox and work with skip

Last edited:

MPrice

Oct 18, 2019
Lol think you meant re-sign. I was like god damn at first.

Edit: That's decent money for what he does.

bluexy

Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And that, my friends, is why hyphens are important.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The missing hyphen there is pretty important

To be honest I think I like Stephen A with Max more than Skip, and I like Skip more with Shannon

Dyle

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
The thread title is very confusing to me because I read it as resigns (quits) and not re-signs. You got my hopes up there for a second

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Definitely did a double take at "Wow, Stephan A. Smith resigns from ESPN." Actual news slightly less exciting.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand the guy, but good on him- he's like an 80s pro-wrestler in his commitment to his gimmick, and he's getting a big payoff for the hard work he puts in.

Noise

Oct 25, 2017
this is the perfect typo

literally no other typo in the history of mankind has come close to the sheer irony of this

Bravo OP. Bravo.

Oct 28, 2017
The missing hyphen there is pretty important

To be honest I think I like Stephen A with Max more than Skip, and I like Skip more with Shannon
That’s because Max and Shannon are better than both Stephen and Skip. Imagine if Max and Shannon did a show together and it wasn’t just a bunch of contrived bullshit arguments.

OP
OP

maruchan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry about the missing hyphen I was typing this on my iPhone if how can I change it to re-signs

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Was gonna comment on the improper use of resign, but looks like it was taken care of!

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile looking at the sidebar of that article...Cris Carter randomly left Fox Sports?

Edit: Ok not random, apparently a disagreement with something.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I literally came in to this thread cause I thought it said resign, what a difference a hypen or space can make.

All good op I hate autocorrect on phones.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I thought he resigned and signed on with a place called 5/40 which I hadn’t heard of. Lol

anyway I hate the guy but I don’t really watch sports anymore so whatever

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
He is basically all over ESPN all day long, so he deserves to be paid well for keeping them afloat

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the Holocaust
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

LQX

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I totally read the thread title wrong and thought he quit ESPN. Love him or hate him, he is one of the biggest draws to ESPN which is crazy as a few years ago I think a lot of people thought he was pretty much done.