• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Wkd Box Office - 11•1-3•19 - Producer James Cameron Returns....With His Second Bomb Of 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanmato

Feb 1, 2018
Colorado
Seeing how this thread was overwhelmingly in favor of him switching it back I am not sure what the issue was. He did his time.
I agree he shouldn't have to wear THAT avatar. But he's still obligated to wear A avatar. He agreed to it, so it's not like I'm being unreasonable. >_>

Hell, I wore a losing avatar even though I won.

Icemonk191

Oct 25, 2017
I agree he shouldn't have to wear THAT avatar. But he's still obligated to wear A avatar. He agreed to it, so it's not like I'm being unreasonable. >_>

Dude just stop. It's just a dumb avatar bet and he wore it for 4 months, good enough.

Honestly if you wanted any input you should have been here several days ago, too late now.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017

You've octupled your participation in the last 3 months' worth of box office threads just by complaining about an avatar bet.

I'd weigh that against the worth of your 13th hour input.

Zanmato

Feb 1, 2018
Colorado
lol, okay guys, welching is cool now, I guess.

Also, lol @ using me not posting in here as a negative. I've mostly lurked, and that's not just here, but with the entire website.

This website isn't my main site for discussion, except for video games specifically.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
is sleepwalkers the one where that dude kisses his mom and they're both somehow giant cat people for some reason.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dreamcatcher might be the worst movie I ever paid to see in a theater. That or Wicker Man, but WM's awfulness loops back around to being hilarious.
What? Dreamcatcher was HILARIOUS. Aliens that you literally shit out. Morgan Freeman with giant eyebrows acting like Morgan Freeman. Being possessed by aliens giving you a British Accent for some reason. It was a laugh a minute!

2Bee

or not 2B
Oct 27, 2017
CATS will be the best movie of 2019.

Yes, better than La Familia spinoff: Hobbs and Shaw.

Chaos Legion

Oct 30, 2017
Will this community/thread blow up more for TROS than Endgame?

It's gonna be my first Star Wars as an active member in here, bracing for what to expect.

OP
OP
Cheebo

Cheebo

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
I am missing the entire TROS box office mania by being in Hawaii with my wife from the day after it's thursday previews through New Years.

I am so glad I am going to miss the insanity.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I personally love when these threads turn to shit. TROS is going to be fun.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Dreamcatcher hurts more because of the writer and director on it.
The cast, too. What an insane misfire given the talent involved.
What? Dreamcatcher was HILARIOUS. Aliens that you literally shit out. Morgan Freeman with giant eyebrows acting like Morgan Freeman. Being possessed by aliens giving you a British Accent for some reason. It was a laugh a minute!
I think it would be way funnier on a rewatch since my expectations will be set accordingly. My one enduring memory of that movie is the mentally handicapped character dropping a Scooby-Doo quote during the climactic battle.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Rarely has a Stephen King film adaptation been as good as the source material. Probably never imo. I’m one of the weirdos who prefers the book version of The Shining.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rise of the Skywalker: Spoiler Thread SEE STAFF POST OF DISCUSSION GUIDE LINES

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
And on the subject of "so bad they're good" Stephen King adaptations...

(Did not remember until looking this up that David Morse was in this. Dude's a legit great actor who needs more/better work.)

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, regardless of the movie's quality I feel like we're in for an absolute shitstorm of takes comparing TROS to TLJ. A whole lotta people are just itching to post their "JJ REDEEMED THE FRANCHISE!" videos.
I look forward to the “JJ Abrams Uncucked Star Wars” videos from dipshit youtubers who have zero academic understanding of film.

Gonna be great.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Yes the famed writer, producer and director of nothing good ever....
The director of Body Heat, Silverado, and Accidental Tourist.
Written by the man who wrote Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Return of the Jedi. Co written by the writer of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Princess Bride.

Nope. Zero talent involved there.

Donald Draper

Feb 2, 2019
If it makes less or more than TLJ threads will be a dumpster fire, just with different people doing the gloating.

Can't wait.

2Bee

or not 2B
Oct 27, 2017
I want to hope it will all be civil and calm and we all enjoy the holidays in peace and harmony.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pretty much every up and coming director, that has received any amount of good publicity, has been approached by a studio to make a “blockbuster”.

Robert Eggers said that when The Witch was shown at a festival and was well received he was quickly contacted by a studio about a superhero movie. He said it was off putting because he knew there was no way they had even seen his film.

But I understand why it’s hard to resist because they are offering a relatively ton of money and a potential career. Too bad it ends in a creative rash heap for many of them.
It's just so dangerous. Now that big studio folks headhunt for directors to bag at film festivals and offer up multi-million projects, the budding directors see financial security and might be vulnerable to lose their voice to become part of the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.