• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Which of the seven continents have you been to?

Which continents, see op for details

• North America

• South America

• Africa

• Asia

• Europe

• Australia

• Antarctica

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 11, 2017
NA, SA, Europe, Asia.

My brother, parents and I briefly explored a family trip to Antarctica like 10 years ago. Too expensive. I feel like all you get out of it is a "Been to Antarctica" brag because it's not like there's a lot to do there.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
Baden-Württemberg
I am from Germany.

I travel a lot of Europe, been to Benelux, Scotland, Ireland, England, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, France, Monaco, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic. Still a lot more European countries I haven't been to and many I have traveled multiple times to for both work and leisure, and many I plan to return to, for e.g. I love Scotland and Ireland.

Been to Africa, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique.

Been to North America, U.S.

Haven't been to Asia/Pacific yet, I mean I know Eurasia and I have been to Russia, so technically Asia, but I don't count it personally, since I did not go to the parts of Russia where Asian ethnic groups live (i.e central and eastern parts, north of China), I was only in St. Petersburg and Moscow.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I live in North America, and have been to Europe (France, UK), Asia (India), and Africa (South Africa). I've been to a couple Caribbean countries (Cuba, Jamaica), so I also put South America based on the thread rules—but I don't think that should count.

Fliep

Feb 13, 2018
Been to every continent except Antarctica (didn't know this was considered a continent to be honest).
I've been travelling through southamerica the last three months, which was the first time for me. Yesterday I just arrived in Puerto Rico - second time in Northamerica (beautiful but expensive as hell. Think only iceland was a bit more expensive)

CaptainNuevo

Oct 25, 2017
All of them except Antarctica which is on my list. I went to the Canary Islands in Africa, so that's kinda an asterisk, but it exists.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yo just follow the rules lol
In reality we could just separate everything by what tectonic plate it lands on
Dude, there's very clear definitions of the borders of each of the mentioned continents, why make up your own rules? What for?
Why should anyone who's been to Moscow tick "Asia" and anyone who's been to Guatemala tick "South America". What's to gain other than ... well ... making the results wrong?

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Mar 27, 2019
Dude, there's very clear definitions of the borders of each of the mentioned continents, why make up your own rules? What for?
Why should anyone who's been to Moscow tick "Asia" and anyone who's been to Mexico tick "South America". What's to gain other than ... well ... making the results wrong?
Where does Russia split , like at what longitude

Where are these clear rules laid out

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Where does Russia split , like at what longitude

Where are these clear rules laid out
At the Ural and Caucasus.

Like, do you really think there's so many people who couldn't pinpoint whether they've been to the European side of Russia or the Asian part? Like, if you've been to Saint Petersburg, you've not been to Asia. Period.
If someone's been to Georgia (the country, not the state) or Istanbul, we can talk about which continent they should tick - and even in the case of the latter, there's a very clear line :P

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Just North America and Europe. I’d have also visited Africa, but that trip got called off due to election violence in the country I was supposed to visit.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
North America (USA, Canada) and Asia (S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau)

Hoping to knock Iceland off my list next year.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Just Europe and Australia. Didn't count a Singapore layover.

Hoping to go to a different continent next year. Just not sure which one.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
All except Antarctica. Don't think that's much of an achievement in this age of mass travel
There was a guy who won the lottery in Ohio or something and said he was finally going to be able to go back to Maine for the first time. 90% of the world hasn't left their own state/province/city let alone continent.

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that the OP associates Central America with South America. I'm Panamanian, so we're pretty damn close to South America anyway.

Used to live in USA, been to Canada and Mexico.

Currently live in the UK, been to a lot of European countries.

Been to Japan, Thailand, Korea and Taiwan.

Have no real desire to go to Australia. I would like to go to places like Egypt though. Maybe Antartica when global warming makes it not as cold LOL.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
In my first 33 years I have been primarily in North America, with a couple of trips to Europe for work,

In the last 11 months, work ahead sent me to São Paulo and Seoul, knotching off two more continents

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Live in USA, stopped in Europe for a few hours on my way to Iraq and Qatar. I visited a resort in Cancun when I was a pre teen as well.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I am European
Have been to Kenya, Uganda and Tansania when I was 14
Studied Law at the University of Auckland, New Zealand (also visited Australia proper while there)
Visited Japan 3 times
Just went to the US for the first time 2 weeks ago on a business trip since I started working at an US Company recently.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Live in Europe. Been to North and South America, Asia and Australia. Never been to Africa but Egypt is on the shortlist for destinations in the next few years (specifically when their new national museum opens).

My girlfriend’s one of the few people I know who’s been to every continent, since she went to Antarctica when she was in the Navy.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
I have been on two round the world trips and recommend it to anyone, it was very good for broadening the mind and good for my mental health (the 2nd trip pulled me right out of depression) but of course that's much easier said than done. You can do it on a much cheaper budget than you would imagine, but having no ties holding you back in the first place is the hard part.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Europe and Asia are on the same continental plate.

People view what is and isn't a continent differently depending on the culture and country you live in.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Goofed, I should have only listed 2- North America and Asia (Japan).

I have not been to South America- Been to Central America which broadly speaking is part of the North.
I’m calling bullshit on the 3 that claim to have visited Antarctica. That place is only slightly more visited than outer space.
I have a that was stationed in Antarctic. Not claiming his stay as my own, just it people do go there.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I’m from the USA; work sent me Japan (Tokyo) once, and they sent to Europe maybe 10 times (five different cities in four different countries).

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
If New Zealand counts as Australia (haha suck it NZ) then I’ve been to all of them except South America and Antarctica.

Mostly due to being in the military.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Live in Europe and visited the majority of the continent, been to Asia (Vietnam and Japan), N-America (USA) and South-America (Peru)

2002whitegt

Oct 27, 2017
North America - Mexico (birth) and USA (home)

Africa -had the opportunity to live in Sudan for a year, and took it. Awesome people, really hope they get a new government in place soon, they deserve it.

Europe - Did a Mediterranean Cruise, France, Spain and Italy, and hated the cruise part but loved the cities. Rome was amazing, and I hope I can visit it again someday. If I was rich, I would definitely live there.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
NA, SA, EUROPE, ASIA

I have lived in NA (all over the US) and EUROPE (Crimea), served in the US Navy, so got to spend some time in SA(mostly Ecuador) and ASIA(mostly Kuwait).