United States of America Now #1 In Total Worldwide COVID-19 Cases

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
A day ahead of schedule.

And we're still woefully under-tested and under-reported (but so is the rest of the world).

Our death count is going to be rising dramatically as well.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, China's numbers are probably bullshit, but it's not like we wouldn't end up on the top anyway

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I think everyone knows that there's much more cases than this number, in every country considering that up to 50 percent of people who get it are asymptomatic. That poster obviously means confirmed cases as reported by the government
China has by all reports stopped testing in areas, in otherwords put their head in the sand. You know, the exact same thing the US has largely done to date.

My point is, neither numbers can be trusted. Regardless of reported numbers, this highlights the severity of the problem the US has on its hands currently, it's going to escalate quickly from here.

zashga

Oct 28, 2017
I’m dreading how bad this is going to get. Half the country thinks we’re all going back to work, business as usual by Easter. Our leadership has sandbagged efforts to control the spread of the virus at every step of the way, and now we’re pretending like thousands dead was the best case scenario all along.

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
lots of b-but china is fake in this thread. you guys realise that what china did is physically different than what other countries did right? if western countries put in the same amount of effort, and got huge numbers then you get to call fake

Majukun

Oct 27, 2017

Germany's death numbers are extremely suspicious. AFAIK, they are not counting the elderly or people with previous illnesses. Or people who die at home. They only count people who die in hospitals. That's why they are so low.
germany has allegedly a huge amount of icu and are nowhere near full capacity like it happened in Italy, so there shouldn't really be anyone "dying at home"

Lump

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many unironically worn Keep America Great caps we’ll see being worn after this crisis.

Mar 3, 2018
lots of b-but china is fake in this thread. you guys realize that what china did is physically different than what other countries did right? if western countries put in the same amount of effort, and got huge numbers then you get to call fake
even with that, theres zero chance China's numbers are real. This isn't a bad things to say as it isnt calling into question Chinese people, but their horrible regime.

JaseC64

Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Mr "This is a hoax" can fuck himself. I hope he is happy he beat China and has outdone himself compared to say Obama.

God damn I wish Obama would publicly mock this asshole. "Congrats Trump. Missions Accomplished?" Should be Obama's tweet.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate they're gonna have more than many other countries combined. Their pace is so far ahead of even the worst infected places, and with a higher population than any.

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
even with that, theres zero chance China's numbers are real. This isn't a bad things to say as it isnt calling into question Chinese people, but their horrible regime.
I realise that china's probably fudging numbers, they freaking fudge everything, but the reality of it is, they have containment. i can't imagine that their numbers are way worse than reported given that they have containment and they have testing.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
A lot about “American Exceptionalism” is going to come crashing down as we are ravaged by this virus. So many inequities, failures, and inefficiencies at basically every level of society and government are being exposed.

Doesn’t exactly feel great.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
lots of b-but china is fake in this thread. you guys realise that what china did is physically different than what other countries did right? if western countries put in the same amount of effort, and got huge numbers then you get to call fake
What they did is different but if you want to believe the CCP is being truthful with their numbers then bless your heart.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Total cases is an idiotic metric. Once we beat Italy in per capital despite being way less fence, then it'll be a true "achievement".

Fuck, next week is about to be awful, isn't it?

rickyson33

Nov 23, 2017
I mean to be fair that doesn't change his question, why should we believe the US numbers lol
isn't the us number just an aggregation of what all the individual states report their numbers at?

obviously more testing is needed to actually know the scope of it so it's wrong in that regard but this isn't just a single number reported by the trump administration or whatever

Kyuuji

Nov 8, 2017
Writing has been on the wall for awhile now. Sincere thoughts to those fighting against it and the unenviable time ahead for them.