Oct 25, 2017
Someone forgot the twitter password

edit: I think deltaslam doesn't do damage

Last edited:

Kylac

Oct 31, 2017
MA
Hello Underlords, happy new year! Before we get to today's Update, some words:

New year, new you, and coming soon – new season. That’s right, the Beta Season is nearing its end, and Underlords Season 1 will ship by the end of February.

In addition to our standard bug / balance patches, we’ll probably have one more update before the big ship date - one more Underlord to round the game out. Otherwise the team will be heads down working on Season 1. This includes work on the Battlepass, City Crawl, Hero / Item rotation, and UI updates.

We’ve said it before, but we want to thank you all again for playing with us during this beta / early access period. The community’s support and feedback has been invaluable to getting the game to where it is. We’re in the home stretch and are excited to ship Underlords 1.0 soon - and get the word out to a wider audience.

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Otherwise the team will be heads down working on Season 1. This includes work on the Battlepass, City Crawl, Hero / Item rotation, and UI updates.
Crunch time for battle pass
It's fine as a free game, but they are going to have to have major benefits to be worth pay2play
Even the autochess pass was only $.99/month

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they bring it into Dota+. Have a small fee for Underlords players, and included for Dota+ players. Wishful thinking I guess, but it would be cool to have Dota 2, Underlords, and Artefact when that resurfaces part of the same system.

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they bring it into Dota+. Have a small fee for Underlords players, and included for Dota+ players. Wishful thinking I guess, but it would be cool to have Dota 2, Underlords, and Artefact when that resurfaces part of the same system.
That would be a neat way to get some cosmetics in both games.
#Artfact2.0in2020

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Winter is Underlords
Spring is Alyx time.
TI10 is Spring to Summer
I really don't know when they have time for 🎨📠
Fall 2020 or completely separate teams?
My guess is that they will relaunch Artifact while pushing for a Dota Universe, to try and create more hype on all three games and breathe new fresh air to the game.
About teams, for all we know they are very flexible in Valve, but Underlords and Alyx have been separate for ever, with Underlord being a very small team (at least from what you can get on the Discord). I wouldnt be surprised another small team has been working on Artifact since launc.

Given the time since Artifact launch, I wouldnt be surprised if the core changes to the game are made, and they are just making sure the gameplay loop is fun and adding ton of extra stuff to make it worthy of the wait. I do no think they woud wait for TI to announce it (cause man, that would be hella tone deaf).

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
What a bloody close match this knockout was. At one point there's like all 5 players are with 1 health.

Then at round 10, I and the 2nd guy went on a draw lol

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Knockout never feels good to me because I never get 2 stars before the first battle and everyone else does

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Mages on Knockout will get you to top 4 almost every game. Pair them with Brutes while building the 6 mages is great.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
I've been forcing scrappy whenever possible, going to miss sniper instagibbing the enemy underlord

Mages are cool too

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to make all healers work.
Usually 2nd or 3rd. Damage is 👑

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Lotta balance changes

Units
Earth Spirit:
  • Tier changed from 3 to 2
Ember Spirit:
  • Tier changed from 2 to 3
Alliances
Hunter:
  • Extra Shot Chance changed from [25, 35] to [30, 38]
Insect:
  • Fixed a bug where spiderlings won't be summoned if Insects are boxed in and can't move at the start of the round.
Knight:
  • Damage reduction changed from [15, 20, 25] to [15, 22, 28] base, or [30, 40, 50] to [30, 44, 56] total if standing next to another Knight and attacked from the front.
Mage:
  • Extra Magic Damage changed from [25, 75] to [35, 75]
Spirit:
  • Damage per Spirit during Delta Slam changed from 200 to 225

Last edited:

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
They gotta fix or improve the delta slam's triangular positioning for it to be good outside early game.

I get alot of times not hitting anyone and making the alliance useless.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
Shadow Fiend’s slow ass cast animation keeps getting interrupted by his fellow Demons, it’s so frustrating.
Really wish him starting the animation meant your other demons can’t cast before he does.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
So when's the ETA for the 1.0 release? Is end of Feb still the goal or is Valve time happening once again?

I don't really like early access games so I haven't played underlords since the month it launched.

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So when's the ETA for the 1.0 release? Is end of Feb still the goal or is Valve time happening once again?

I don't really like early access games so I haven't played underlords since the month it launched.
I would assume before Alyx in March and Alyx is fully completed

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Fiend’s slow ass cast animation keeps getting interrupted by his fellow Demons, it’s so frustrating.
Really wish him starting the animation meant your other demons can’t cast before he does.
SF can work with some demons but if you have a Chaos Knight, SF will literally never cast. The demon silence lasts 4 seconds and CK's cooldown is exactly 4 seconds.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
That's why I put Mask of Madness on CK on Knights/Warlock comp.

Although CK's stun is pretty useful, SF's ulti is guaranteed.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
all out attack? lol that's pretty much copying persona
interesting that he can steal items though, will check him out

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm being a bit negative, but the last couple weeks I can't help but think about how I feel the implementation of the Underlords is basicallyl the fundamental undoing of this game. The biggest thing people were waiting for and interested in, the thing that would set them apart from the other games, and they take that opportunity and do effectively nothing with it.

They make it another unit on the board that everyone has. It doesn't change the game at all. You take the underlords out or you have them in and the game doesn't really change at all. You had a chance to fundamentally impact the way the game is played, to vary up strategy and the balance of draft/constructed aspect of play but they just did nothing with it.

Ever since I've not been able to stop thinking about this my interest in the game has just dwindled so much.