Underlords Open Beta (Steam/Android/iOS) Official launch Feb 25, 2020

Kylac

Oct 31, 2017
MA

Might hope back in for Jull. hopefully the single player campaign is also coming soon. definetely interested in that if it's fleshed out and actually has a good amount of depth.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly lost all interest in the Underlords with the implementation. Their options don't really effect the game makeup and composition of boards the way I'd hoped and at the same time they're annoying as an added unit that is mostly ignored. Underlords went from my most interested aspect in the game to something I barely even pay attention to.

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of hoping that we would get something in the vein of dota charachters as Underlords instead of these nobodies

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Also...I miss summons. You didn't just have to take them all away. I still frequently forget Prophet doesn't summon little tree dudes.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
A lot more changes than I expected to see before Season 1. Nice to see they're still fully willing to play with features and standard configuration. Will probably go back to standard for a little while with no creep rounds and going straight to level 3.

Whoa....interest cap at 3 seems like a game changer. Maybe I'm over estimating this.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I still feel like Underlords are missused in general. Stop tryiing to make them a unit on the board. Bring back the talent system but change it to have more of a play on the draft/construct style of the game. Picking at 10 is great, I've always wanted that to be the case. But just making them another unit, now with no real choices made just seems weird and more like a forced unit than it ever was before.

The following heroes have been removed from the game.

• Anti-Mage
  • Arc Warden
  • Enigma
  • Lina
  • Luna
  • Magnus
  • Mirana
  • Nature's Prophet
  • Phantom Assassin
  • Puck
  • Techies
  • Templar Assassin
  • Tidehunter
  • Windranger

Daaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn

Shadow Shaman:
  • Alliances changed from Troll Shaman to Troll Druid

Bitch, it's in his name!

Countdown to Stonehall items getting nerfed?

Last edited:

Iggy

Oct 27, 2017
Enigma removed makes sense, but why knock down Sven and Techies if their alliance is still there?

DiscoShark

Oct 26, 2017
Underlords being streamlined and picking them at Round 10 (after you've decided in a build direction) are some of the best changes they could've made. I was thoroughly underwhelmed with the "Big Update" but this is undoubtedly going to have me playing the game again. Good on Valve for being willing to toss out their original design.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
How is underlords these days? Haven't played in ages and been kinda thinking of getting back into it along with some TFT possibly. How is the meta these days?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
How is underlords these days? Haven't played in ages and been kinda thinking of getting back into it along with some TFT possibly. How is the meta these days?
For Knockout, I use Scrappy/Knight nowadays. The combination of 3 stars Tinker, Abaddon, Timber is just *kiss chef.

Though I'm often screwed if I couldn't get three stars Tinker lol

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Why Scrappy Knights?
I see that combo a lot in regular ranked mode. Its almost impossible to kill. And super annoying.
I'm just a sucker for tank units lol

And as Lyng says, the combination of Knight alliance and a full Scrappy alliance makes the units stupidly hard to kill. Timbersaw, Abaddon, and Omniknight have a pretty good AoE damage (granted, if they can reach 3 stars) and decent cooldown. A two-stars Timbersaw even often becomes my major damage dealer in early-mid game. However, a three-stars Tinker is the one that makes or breaks the unit composition in the late-game. If I'm unable to get one, it's harder for me to survive late-game matches.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure i had a dream last night where Meepo was already added as a champion and he had an alliance with himself, which makes sense I guess.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I won the first ranked standard match I entered by just buying stuff that showed up in the store and not leveling up. 🤷‍♂️

That knights player gave me trouble earlier but I just brute forced it by getting (almost) all three stars.

OP
OP
shira

shira

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I won the first ranked standard match I entered by just buying stuff that showed up in the store and not leveling up. 🤷‍♂️

That knights player gave me trouble earlier but I just brute forced it by getting (almost) all three stars.
Early ⭐⭐ or mid game ⭐⭐⭐ are monsters
Multiple is just unkillable for ⭐