• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 1 day, 7 hours, 34 minutes, 2 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

UK General Election 12th December 2019 |OT1| Hindsight is 20/19

CampFreddie

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah reposting it doesn't solve the issue at all. Every retweet and link just went dead, so they've effectively killed the virality of it. Hopefully it blows up in their face and gets more eyeballs in it but I doubt it.
I think the original tweet put "the government are not responsible" (or something similar) in quote marks, but it was not a verbatim quote from Patel.
I'm guessing that's what CCHQ objected to, and they found a sympathetic editor to correct it.
I hope the correction SNAFU causes this to Streisand even more though.

Garfield

Oct 31, 2018
Fuck me, when he brings in life long learning my ass is going back to college to learn how to become a plumber. As I can never find one

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks.

Unbelievable they think that fake news is still the way to go after yesterday. Though I suppose they are probably right. No-one seems to care that doesn't already hate them.
This far more in-depth and expensive than what happened during the debate. Was probably organised and ready to go for a while.

DavidDesu

Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Bruh if those crimes turn out to be true can you honestly blame me? 14 different accounts, 14.
Many multiple from the same few victims, so it’s not 14 totally separate victims. Hey it might very well be true and he is guilty and that will be a horrible outcome to face. He has already won a case related to this and, I believe how this was all handled initially in which he won that case. The way the allegations were dealt with initially were shown to have been done incorrectly. So my doubtometer is pretty high.

This BBC explainer
What exactly was the problem?
After the formal complaints about Mr Salmond were submitted to the Scottish government, an investigating officer was appointed to the case.
However, both sides now accept that the investigating officer had previously had contact with the complainers. The government's own rules state that there should not have been any prior involvement between the investigator and the complainers.

There was some disagreement between the two parties about the extent of this contact - Mr Salmond's team claim the officer's intervention bordered on "encouragement", while the government insist it was "welfare support and guidance" which was in itself appropriate.
However, the simple fact that contact took place was enough to knock down the process as a whole

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Many multiple from the same few victims, so it’s not 14 totally separate victims. Hey it might very well be true and he is guilty and that will be a horrible outcome to face. He has already won a case related to this and, I believe how this was all handled initially in which he won that case. The way the allegations were dealt with initially were shown to have been done incorrectly. So my doubtometer is pretty high.

This BBC explainer
same few victims....

Seven different accusers. edit: 10 accusers actually.

The previous case was a failure of process, Salmond cleverly challenged there and won because they fucked the process completely. That was a failure of ScotGov, nothing really to show regarding Salmond being innocent.

I won't really go forward with this because it's not really a part of the election, but you can believe someone is guilty before a trial. Your personal opinion does not equate to criminal courts.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

lol if i'm reading this right they're trying to say they'll keep FoM without actually saying they'll keep FoM. I think this is positive but they're gonna get slated for still being ambiguous about this.

Geoff

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the Labour tax policies are? Specifically wrt to dividends and CGT? - I see a comment that he expects this to bring in £14bn so must be something big.

edit: Have searched the manifesto and can't find anything.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017

This BBC explainer
It's extremely damning as anything regarding sexual assault or harassment is extremely hard to prove so even an innocent verdict doesn't necessarily mean he didn't do it unless there strong contradicting evidence. However the fact it's not just 1 but seven different people is extremely damning.

What on earth have you been doing with your life to have 10 different people accuse you of this? The probability of this man being scum is extremely high.

Geoff

Oct 27, 2017

Specifically this tweet that was on the Guardian liveblog.

Is this accurate figures direct from Labour or has he made them up somehow? If they come from Labour, does anyone know what the dividend/CGT bit refers to?

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Harry Dunn's family 'disgusted' with Dominic Raab over legal costs

The parents of Harry Dunn have said they are "disgusted" with Dominic Raab after he defended the government's decision to seek legal costs from them.

The 19-year-old died after a collision in Northamptonshire in August that led to the suspect leaving the UK claiming diplomatic immunity.

Geoff

Oct 27, 2017
Ta - Still trying to find out what 'reversing George Osborne's IHT cuts' means? The main residence nill rate band? Anyone know?

Makes your job simpler I expect :P
It's going to make me busy I suspect. That CGT/Dividend change is fucking huge

solidussnaku

Nov 29, 2017
Holy shit they are introducing a green new deal and carbon taxes too. With a target to massively cut carbon emissions by 2030.

Ok, this is going to give them a big boost. Maybe not labour minority gov boost, but this can likely be shades of 2017 boost if not more. The vote should rally, and rally hard in the next few weeks.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit they are introducing a green new deal and carbon taxes too. With a target to massively cut carbon emissions by 2030.

Ok, this is going to give them a big boost. Maybe not labour minority gov boost, but this can likely be shades of 2017 boost if not more. The vote should rally, and rally hard in the next few weeks.
With this, is there much reason for people to vote Green (except Brighton Pavilion)? I suppose some can't or won't support Corbyn but I always wondered with Labour going big on environmental policies this election why the Greens are currently polling better than they did in 2017.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
Will be very surprised if Sturgeon is as active as she was yesterday given what's going on with Salmond.

As expected I see Labour have retreated from the carbon neutral by 2030 pledge, to being "on track to a net-zero-carbon energy system within the 2030s". Probably makes it the least ambitious target of the progressive parties (just from an initial skim), but certainly more realistic than net zero by 2030.

null

Oct 25, 2017
what sort of question is that. "some voters, white working class men in particular, don't see you as patriotic. is that fair?". surprised it wasn't asked by a guy in a giant poppy suit.