• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 2 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

There Are Threads on the Last Page With 0 Replies

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
There are literally THOUSANDS of users on this forum at any given time. Over the course of days tens of thousands of people looked at what you wanted to discuss and said......"nah".

Bruh I would be so fucking embarrassed even though I shouldn't be.

Seriously, not one person could pitch in a "Sure, I agree" or "lol" or anything? I mean my shit can't even give a "first" ?

Shit is crazy.

Anybody else feel bad when their thread flops?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
if it was a star wars thread it would have gotten 20 replies the moment it got posted

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Any given thread has between 5 and 10 minutes to get the users' attention, otherwise it get to the 2nd page and it's gone forever.

Era moves WAY too fast. It needs more sub forums in my opinion

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I just had this happen the other day when I made a thread about trying out new videogame genres this year. I didnt feel bad about it tho, it is what it is? Guess people don't like to try new genres :D

Oct 25, 2017
Take it as a badge of honor, your topic was so boring or esoteric that bored people on a video game forum couldn’t be bothered

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Era moves WAY too fast. It needs more sub forums in my opinion
It might get a bit out of control.

Modern Gaming
Retro Gaming
VR Gaming
Mobile Gaming
Conference Hype
Awards Hype
Console Warzone
The Well of Despair

General Off Topic
Star Wars (PT)
Star Wars (OT)
Star Wars (ST, 7 and 9)
Star Wars (TLJ)
Star Wars (Miscellaneous)
Mahvel Cinematic Universe Baby
Movies (No Capes or Jedis)
Trump Dump
Dragon Ball Z
Non-Dragon Ball Z Anime
Weekend Era
GIF ZONE NO TEXT JUST GIFS

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have three threads with just 1 reply and one thread with 3 replies. It seems more about timing sometimes, hitting the US time zones

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Jokes on you, I've never made a thread so I have no bomb threads.

Edit: OP is a big fat phony, there are no threads with 0 replies in the last several pages.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I dont make threads, but it wouldnt bother me. I think its probably because IRC was my first foray into online communication. In those big ass rooms you would often say something and have it lost to the scrolling spammy conversations in the channel anyway. I never took it personal, lol.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
It might get a bit out of control.

Modern Gaming
Retro Gaming
VR Gaming
Mobile Gaming
Conference Hype
Awards Hype
Console Warzone
The Well of Despair

General Off Topic
Star Wars (PT)
Star Wars (OT)
Star Wars (ST, 7 and 9)
Star Wars (TLJ)
Star Wars (Miscellaneous)
Mahvel Cinematic Universe Baby
Movies (No Capes or Jedis)
Trump Dump
Dragon Ball Z
Non-Dragon Ball Z Anime
Weekend Era
GIF ZONE NO TEXT JUST GIFS
Forgot:

Climate Change / Depression

and

Star Wars (Pro TLJ)
Star Wars (Anti TLJ)

with no cross posting between the two

KadeYuy

Oct 30, 2017
I've never made a thread let alone one with so many replies as this one. What's it feel like?

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Rural NSW
I only use "Latest Threads" when browsing ERA, so I see most of them. There are plenty of well written topics that pop up that get less than 3 replies. The problem for me is that I usually have nothing of value to add to them as it's usually about something I have no clue about and I feel like a comment just saying "Well written OP, OP!" is useless, so I don't.

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
A lot of my threads get little views or replies, it doesn't bother me. If I find something interesting, I'll post about it. If people find it interesting they'll post in it, if not oh well. If I cared solely about making popular threads than that is an easy task, but that's not my goal.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Hold on let me see what threads have 0 replies.

Uber finally fixed their app for groups

Anyone going to any haunted attractions this Halloween?

Anyone dabble in cryptocurrencies?

retrogradepro.com

LTTP: Lion(2016)

Article: Why We Must Fight for the Right to Repair Our Electronics

Man, I think they would’ve gotten hits if the timing was different. The Halloween one was posted on October 26, maybe jumped the gun a little.

The last one, the poster even posted “hey everyone, this is my first thread!” And properly commented on various paragraphs in the article. Too bad it didn’t resonate.

Retrograde was a banned user shilling their new website. Not sure if the two are related.

The Lion movie review was pretty weak, just that it made them cry and Dev Patel was good in it but that’s pretty basic for a sell.

The cryptocurrency thread opens with a line that says the user was banned for off site doxxing which, in my biased opinion, sounds like something a cryptocurrency guy would do.

Oct 28, 2017
I made a thread at the other place about this new artist that released a music video. The thread got 0 replies and the artist was a very new Adele. My fave uhhh was slaying your fave before you even knew who my fave even was.

Yep. Yasss kween

matrixman92

Oct 26, 2017
I more hate the feeling of killing threads. It seems to happen a lot to me. I make a comment trying to discuss something to do with the OP, and then it ends up being the last comment the topic ever gets.

edit: phew

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
My best thread had 25 replies and it was for cast announcements for Terry Pratchett's The Watch TV series. I think most of the replies are from me.

I think I am happy it's buried now since they gender swapped two important characters and I think that would have dominated discussion.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Certain topics just drive people to respond to them. People love Positive/negative disney stories, because it will give people on both sides of the equation to come in and either sh*t on it or praise it.

Tipping threads are also pretty busy as are breaking entertainment/gaming news.

So unless a topic either drives hype or controversy or both, its going to sink fast.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
If era is such a progressive site, why don't we have an UNIVERSAL BASIC REPLIES system, where each posted thread is guaranteed a minimum number of replies? Capitalism wins yet again.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I think being completely ignored is better than, say, everyone replying without even bothering to read the OP you spent a lot of time on.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It's nothing compared to the rush of posting in a thread and being the last reply.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I have a few threads with 0 replies.

If you want thread with a lot replies just make a thread asking an inane question.

Yes I’m bitter

anaa

Jun 30, 2019
I’ve been thinking of my first thread for a while now , and am now filled with dread it will fail. Thank you for this