The people of Hyrule are dumb, naive and can't keep a historical log for shit

Enduin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
You're not wrong. It's ironic that BOTW, the game where the kingdom was most destroyed and where hubris of Zelda and Link's pre-destined status led to an insurmountable failure, is the most detailed history you will find in a Zelda game.
All the knowledge in the world can't fix stupid. I mean one of the dominant races in the world eats rocks. Rocks.

Doodlebug

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is that dialogue actually suggests he’s going to... then he just doesn’t.
I was wondering if (not sure if this needs to be spoiler tagged)
you don't talk to him in Tarrey Town after the wedding if he'll stay there? Not sure what implications that has on the quest completion.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if (not sure if this needs to be spoiler tagged)
you don't talk to him in Tarrey Town after the wedding if he'll stay there? Not sure what implications that has on the quest completion.
Pretty sure it doesn’t matter, but not sure. It almost felt like cut content when he said all that after the Tarrey Town quest and then nothing changed, so I doubt it would be different if you ignore him.

Doodlebug

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it doesn’t matter, but not sure. It almost felt like cut content when he said all that after the Tarrey Town quest and then nothing changed, so I doubt it would be different if you ignore him.
I guess it's based on the mindset if the player has completed every upgrade option on the house. If the player finished the Tarrey Town side quest and still wanted to upgrade their house then they'd be stuck if Bolson never returned.

STILL!!!

Lingerers.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
but if the people of Hyrule weren't dumb then we wouldn't have any more games cause they'd be on top of everything :p

That or the games would become crazier because the threats would have to be bonkers.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's based on the mindset if the player has completed every upgrade option on the house. If the player finished the Tarrey Town side quest and still wanted to upgrade their house then they'd be stuck if Bolson never returned.

STILL!!!

Lingerers.
Hmm, maybe we’ll get some more upgrades in DLC 2. I really need to be able to take advantage of that stable; Epona needs a true home damn it.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
but if the people of Hyrule weren't dumb then we wouldn't have any more games cause they'd be on top of everything :p
I mean, the plot of Breath of the Wild is that for once, they were on top of everything. They had a Zelda and knew what to do with her (use Triforce magic), they had a Link and knew what to do with him (give him the goddamn Master Sword right away), and for good measure they threw in four other heroes with magic powers and an army of killer laser mechs.

Then Zelda couldn't activate her powers and Ganon was apparently a cloud of hacking powers.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I just like to believe that every Zelda game is its own self-contained story in its own self-contained universe. I doubt there is meant to be a traceable history throughout these games, if there is one it's inane horse-crap.

JasonMCG

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I just realized something...
Every timeline is literally thousands of years old and lead to God knows how many incantations of BotW Hyrule's. Some where the Sheikah probably don't even exist.

MAX PAYMENT

Oct 29, 2017
I look at the games as different versions of the same legend. Since the story is passed on for so long, the details change along the way.

The timelines are stupid.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I have the feeling Nintendo made the time line to make fans happy because they were constantly asked about it but I doubt the developers care about it that much when they make a new game in the series.
I think exactly the same! I love Zelda, probably my favourite series of all time, but I no interest in the timeline, don't think it's really a 'thing' at Nintendo, and just play each game as an individual story.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the plot of Breath of the Wild is that for once, they were on top of everything. They had a Zelda and knew what to do with her (use Triforce magic), they had a Link and knew what to do with him (give him the goddamn Master Sword right away), and for good measure they threw in four other heroes with magic powers and an army of killer laser mechs.

Then Zelda couldn't activate her powers and Ganon was apparently a cloud of hacking powers.
And this may have been their downfall, if only the king let Zelda investigate the ancient tecnology (something she liked to do) rather than bash her head against the wall trying to unlock her powers they may have had a chance.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Reading the OP gave me strong Final Fantasy X vibes with the whole endless cycle thing, which got me thinking: It would be pretty great if there was a Zelda game centered around breaking the perpetual cycle of peace time and depressing Ganon threat time. I know this is Zelda and it basically follows the same plot outline for every installment with variations, but still, it would be cool to have a self-conscious Zelda game.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
And this may have been their downfall, if only the king let Zelda investigate the ancient tecnology (something she liked to do) rather than bash her head against the wall trying to unlock her powers they may have had a chance.
Another king of hyrule fucking thing up, and the other one banning sheikah technologies 10000 basically doomed all future generations.