The next Battlefield game is releasing between April 2018 and March 2019 (Presumably Fall 2018)

Jezabel

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully its Battlefield 1944. No crazy gadgets, very little or no attachments, a focus on semi-auto rifles, awesome vehicles, iconic locations. Maybe cut out progression all together and give everyone everything from the start like the best Frostbite Battlefield game, Battlefield 1943.
I guess its a personal preference but i found a lack of unlockables in the vein of battlefield 3 and 4 a real turnoff in Battlefield 1.

Jezabel

Oct 27, 2017
After Battlefield 3 and 4 I grew to despise progression systems in multiplayer shooters.
Yeah i think Battlefield 1 was just the end of the line of multiplayer shooters for me. Since that release i haven't played one at all and i was a rabid consumer of all of them beforehand.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's modern day. COD isn't there so the market is wide open. Latest Frostbite in modern day, yes please.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its Battlefield 1944. No crazy gadgets, very little or no attachments, a focus on semi-auto rifles, awesome vehicles, iconic locations. Maybe cut out progression all together and give everyone everything from the start like the best Frostbite Battlefield game, Battlefield 1943.
DICE has more automatic weapons in a world war 1 game then should be allowed. No way if they go to WW2 they will focus on semi auto rifles, the fan base doesn’t want that.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Just give us BF3 Remastered, vanilla game literally had no bad map. Stay away from WW2 and BF4 levolution crap.

Swarley133

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Huge shocker. /s

Although I'm interested to see what period it's set in. I'd love for it to be WW2, but I'm not sure it will be. Korea or Vietnam would be cool. Either way, hoping for a historical setting. At the same time, I could see it being Bad Company 3 as well.

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't mind some sort of alternate history setting, maybe WW1 or WW2 went on for longer than they did. Either that do a period from Korean war to Vietnam.

Oct 27, 2017
I would rather say that their main problem is inconsistent DLC spacing. Maps are mostly fine - Verdun Heights and Fort de Vaux are great and the whole "In the Name of the Tsar" expansion has some of the best and most immersive maps I've ever played.
The timing of the DLC expansions has been a huge problem for me. I loved BF1 at launch and was playing it pretty consistently up to the first expansion but fell off pretty quickly after that and still haven't gotten back to it since the Russia expansion released.
I don't want them to rush content out but they need to have some kind of regularity in their releases to keep me engaged, considering there are so many other games out there to snatch away my attention.

But for the next big BF, I'd be down with WW2, if they really increase the destruction and maybe add in more Commander features and more big vehicles.

Echo

Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Something like Vietnam or Korea are wars which are way too specific and limited for what Battlefield usually is. You figure at least 4-5 extra map packs gotta be made, and they also like to have at least 4+ factions.

How do you stretch so many maps and factions from such limited wars? You'd honestly have to make stuff up I think.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
After the amazing Battlefield 1 i want them to explore another historical setting or future sci-fi, modern day would also be interesting. I'm really curious with what they will come up.

SG-17

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was amazing and since the BF competitors are heading towards World War again, time for the Switcheroo and go future warfare!
They won't do 2143 so long as they have Battlefront.

Smartest move would be to do 1944 and make at least half of the maps remakes of classics like Wake Island, Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather they skip WW2 for the next installment. I don’t think DICe would do two past Battlefields in a row. Spacing them out would be better.

My dream game is a cyberpunk Battlefield.

Oct 25, 2017
It should be forced on them then. There is no direct competitor to Battlefield.
Can't say I disagree with you SG. I love nothing more than the m1 Garand. I also love choppers too and I feel that BF1 is severely lacking with vehicle play. I feel with choppers and jets back it would add that extra dynamic I feel has been missing. Would love to see a return to Desert Storm era. I need me my m16 + attachments and black hawks.

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After Battlefield 3 and 4 I grew to despise progression systems in multiplayer shooters.
On the one hand, I don’t like knowing that a carrot is being dangled on a stick in front of me.

On the other hand, I dropped Battlefield 1 after around 20ish hours, which is the fastest I’ve ever dropped a Battlefield game. So there must have been something slightly effective about the carrot in games past.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Money isnt everything in life
Well they've been a part of such a successful franchise that if they aren't happy anymore, individual employees could use that money they earned, that clout they garnered or that skill set they developed, to pursue something they are happy about with relative ease.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like battlefield but what more can they do with the series? To back in time and fight dinos?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finding myself not playing the battlefield games as long as I did with the older ones. So I hope they do something to keep my interest longer. Now I would also be all in with another Bad Company game.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I would prefer if this was a 2142 sequel or something insanely out of left field. There's no reason for them to continue doing ww2 or modern, ww1 was a nice change but unless they go into the civil war I can't see much else from the past generating much hype.

scrapple

Oct 28, 2017
Bad Company 2 is the best BF game ever...

make #3 please, dlc of all the bc2 maps free...

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
DFW, Texas
I would really like to see a WW2 entry.

But seeing as I have over 1000 hours in the last 3 games alone I would play it no matter when it takes place probably.

Deeke777

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm worried DICE is spread too thin. They have to help tons of teams make games on Frostbite while developing a brand new Battlefield...must be crazy demanding. The upside is that all of these teams are constantly iterating on the engine and finding new tricks that can power new, fresh games.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried DICE is spread too thin. They have to help tons of teams make games on Frostbite while developing a brand new Battlefield...must be crazy demanding. The upside is that all of these teams are constantly iterating on the engine and finding new tricks that can power new, fresh games.
DICE is a massive studio. 600+

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
have they even hit a good release schedule for their DLC? I remember a lot of folks getting screwed and not getting big expansions until almost a year after its release for BF1

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they go back to a more modern or even better near future setting (2143). I liked Battlefield 1, but was completely over it after a week, mostly due to weapon variety.

Forerunner

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
Bad Company 3 would be nice. I have a feeling it's going to be modern day.

That being said I'd like to see:

Vietnam
Korean War

DaciaJC

Oct 29, 2017
Dearly hoping it's set during WWII. Failing that, Korean War or Cold War era would be nice.