• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 5 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes, 13 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

The Game Awards 2019 to feature ‘around 15 brand new game announcements’, Resident Evil 3 remake is not one of the announcements

Mgs2master2

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so since its things not announced yet (or leaked) ima post some of the most outlandish predictions.

RE2 Remake coming to switch
Persona 5 switch announcement (possible shadow drop)
Yakuza 0, Kwamai 1-2 coming to switch
Sony rep for smash
BOTW 2 trailer with release date
Kojima's next game
new call of duty on switch
PS5/scarlet in some capacity
Reggie present and speaking about some game annoucement (hes helping?)
Trails of (Cold Steel, Sky, Crossbell games) announced for PS4 and Switch
Rean Schwarzer for smash
Sora for smash
Smash for Smash
Smash gets netcode patch annoucement

Will these work?

OP
OP
mazi

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
so since its things not announced yet (or leaked) ima post some of the most outlandish predictions.

RE2 Remake coming to switch
Persona 5 switch announcement (possible shadow drop)
Yakuza 0, Kwamai 1-2 coming to switch
Sony rep for smash
BOTW 2 trailer with release date
Kojima's next game
new call of duty on switch
PS5/scarlet in some capacity
Reggie present and speaking about some game annoucement (hes helping?)
Trails of (Cold Steel, Sky, Crossbell games) announced for PS4 and Switch
Rean Schwarzer for smash
Sora for smash
Smash for Smash
Smash gets netcode patch annoucement

Will these work?
it's not things not announced yet, it's new games being announced. so pretty much non of your guesses would count since they're all ports or updates.

Remnants

Jul 18, 2019
I can't wait to get home from work today to see that there will be 'around 18 brand new game announcements'

Thorn

Oct 25, 2017
9-10 of them will be Indie games.

50% of them will actually generate buzz.

That said, I'm still excited.

Sacul64

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people expecting BOTW2? Is it because BOTW had it's first gameplay look at TGA's? I wouldn't have those kind of expectations
Not only that but because of how breath of the wild 2 was leaked. King Zeal (when asked about getting WiiU zelda ports) posted that we would be getting new zelda games, in the form of a 2d game in 2019 and a 3d game in 2020. He was spot on as this was before even links awakening was revealed. So what better way to fully show off your big 2020 game?

stealthyfrog

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019

Geoff hints at Sonic movie presence at 12:33

Wait can I not search through the video what type of web design is this

Oh you have to hold for a bit that's stupid

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Geoff hints at Sonic movie presence at 12:33

Wait can I not search through the video what type of web design is this

Oh you have to hold for a bit that's stupid
The only thing better than Kyle and Schick Hydrobot would be Kyle and Sonic.

... Every year I unironically long for the return of Schick Hydrobot.

touchfuzzy

Jul 27, 2019
I'm hoping we see a reveal of Playdead's next game. It's been almost three years since that cryptic tweet they made about it, so it can't be much farther off.Iit will certainly be a moody, atmospheric indie game (fits Geoff's MO of stuff he likes to get world exclusives on), and I don't think I've seen anyone else mention it, so would be a bit unexpected but also very anticipated by gamers. Here's hoping!

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Wishful thinking for most of these, but I'm gonna say...

- NieR remake/remaster and/or follow-up to Automata
- 2B for Smash Bros.
- new Fable (or remake)
- new Megaman (X? Legends? Please??)
- Kojima's next game/"teased" horror title
- Trails in the Sky for Switch (though I'd more likely expect this in a Nintendo Direct unless multiplat - I think a collection of 1-3 is long overdue for modern platforms. Would be wild to see the Crossbell games, too?)

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Chicago, IL
Why are people expecting BOTW2? Is it because BOTW had it's first gameplay look at TGA's? I wouldn't have those kind of expectations
TGA had 26 million viewers last year. Based on its trajectory, 35 million is realistic this year. It’s the biggest stage now that E3 is an afterthought in non-console years. They have an opportunity to steal the show with 35 million people watching. It’s a given it’ll be there in some format.

sleepnaught

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping for BotW2, SM3D World for Switch, and of course, more HL:Alyx footage and info! I know we're getting more HL, but if the other two happen, I'll be super pleased.

CyclonatorZ

Sep 28, 2019
Is this true???

Come on, the very first "leak" gives away that it's bogus, because anyone who actually still plays TF2 knows that Valve just announced development has been halted indefinitely, which means the game is as good as dead. So the idea that they are simultaneously working on a Switch port of the game is the dumbest shit.

sleepnaught

Oct 26, 2017
Come on, the very first "leak" gives away that it's bogus, because anyone who actually still plays TF2 knows that Valve just announced development has been halted indefinitely, which means the game is as good as dead. So the idea that they are simultaneously working on a Switch port of the game is the dumbest shit.
Not that I believe the leak, I don't, but wouldn't Valve hire a port team for that anyway?

op_ivy

Oct 25, 2017
i'm not getting excited and worked up over that clip of halo infinite in the TGA trailer. nope. i'm not.

fuck.

CyclonatorZ

Sep 28, 2019
Not that I believe the leak, I don't, but wouldn't Valve hire a port team for that anyway?
Valve doesn't hire people outside their company to do ports of their core games. They do them all themselves. And nobody outside of Valve would be capable of porting TF2 anyway, because all signs have long pointed to the game's code being a spaghetti mess that is an absolute bear to work with.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So let’s say RE3 gets announced on the upcoming state of play. is there a chance of a second trailer/gameplay video on the show?

Technically it wouldn’t be a brand new announcement, but it doesn’t mean it won’t be shown.

May 25, 2018
I don't really know where else to say this, but Geoff Keighley, Phil Spencer, and Gabe Newell (Valve) have done so much for the industry in the last 5 years. I honestly think that this is the true golden age of gaming. Geoff, with his award show, has brought recognition to developers who have made a huge impact on the industry, even those who aren't well known. He also made an award show that can be taken seriously by everyone inside and outside of the industry. Phil Spencer not only turned Xbox around completely, he's also helping to crush the concept of exclusives. Not only that, he was the first major influencer to make a push for crossplay across all platforms. As for Gabe and Valve, they were one of the first to put out VR hardware of high quality that also lets you use your hands. They didn't just release it and move on, they continued to build upon it and are pushing VR with their own major titles. Most important of all their accomplishments, they created SteamVR (or OpenVR) which makes it easy for developers to integrate support for all different VR headsets and devices. Aside from VR, they also made it possible for basically any developer to put their game on Steam, the biggest digital storefront on PC. It may be hard to get recognition but everyone gets a chance.

This is the industry at its finest.