The female Predator in Hunting Grounds sucks and is significantly worse than how female Predators are in novels.

My Cow Phelps

Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic, but i have never heard about this game before. When i read the title i thought you were talking about the female stalker in that PS2 horror game called Haunting Ground. LOL

Oct 28, 2019
So never criticize anything ever because it could be worse?

I like the design but I get where people are coming from and just trying to dismiss any criticism is odd.

Also "unfeminine roid monster?" Keep it classy.
I didn't say you couldn't criticize it, I said people focus on negativity because it doesn't meet their standards. I read very few criticisms about the design outside of lol boobs and I wish this looked mores like a monster woman. Again I like the design and think it's fresh and just as good as the other designs. People hide behind this "you're dismissing my criticism angle" even I'm your response you said nothing about the actual character.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Ok? So people drew sexy fanart so you can't wish these designs were different?

I'm just confused how wanting giant muscled Predator woman leads to metal thongs.

I like muscular women but I would still expect them to dress appropriately and I'm sure OP wanted that too.
I want that but unless I'm looking at the wrong one I don't think I want the design that's in the tweet

Gold Arsene

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say you couldn't criticize it, I said people focus on negativity because it doesn't meet their standards. I read very few criticisms about the design outside of lol boobs and I wish this looked mores like a monster woman. Again I like the design and think it's fresh and just as good as the other designs. People hide behind this "you're dismissing my criticism angle" even I'm your response you said nothing about the actual character.
Because I like it too.

But I'd also like huge monster woman.

I just find it annoying how many people are going "don't talk about it" basically.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I want that but unless I'm looking at the wrong one I don't think I want the design that's in the tweet
That's a human woman that was trained by a Predator iirc.

I like muscular women but I would still expect them to dress appropriately and I'm sure OP wanted that too.
What exactly is dress appropriate for an alien warrior species that generally wear a minimal amount of armor? The less armor they have on during dangerous hunts the more mobility they get which leads towards their success/survival. Which goes towards their ranking in their clan. Believe me I got no issue with buffer/larger female Predators, but I don't see this design as lazy either.

plagiarize

Don't touch your face!
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
When the guy who did the designs for the predators in the last predator movie mentions wanting to do a female predator design and not just make it a male predator with boobs, I think that should speak to a lot of our disappointment here.

Defend it all you like, but it's so predictable Alec Gillis felt the need to tell people it's what he wouldn't do when approaching one.

Oct 28, 2019
Because I like it too.

But I'd also like huge monster woman.

I just find it annoying how many people are going "don't talk about it" basically.
Nobody is saying that. What I'm saying is for all the complaints about female characters in games, no one ever says good job or that's creative and inclusive. This is a cool looking character, let's try leading with that.

Gold Arsene

Oct 27, 2017
That's a human woman that was trained by a Predator iirc.

What exactly is dress appropriate for an alien warrior species that generally wear a minimal amount of armor? The less armor they have on during dangerous hunts the more mobility they get which leads towards their success/survival. Which goes towards their ranking in their clan. Believe me I got no issue with buffer/larger female Predators, but I don't see this design as lazy either.
I was more addressing their concerns about the female Predators running around in metal thongs not the actual designs.

I get why some people don't like this kind of look but I don't actually have a problem with there clothes here.
Nobody is saying that. What I'm saying is for all the complaints about female characters in games, no one ever says good job or that's creative and inclusive. This is a cool looking character, let's try leading with that.
But what if they don't think it's a cool looking character?

I like it but others might not.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019
When the guy who did the designs for the predators in the last predator movie mentions wanting to do a female predator design and not just make it a male predator with boobs, I think that should speak to a lot of our disappointment here.

Defend it all you like, but it's so predictable Alec Gillis felt the need to tell people it's what he wouldn't do when approaching one.

After reading that article, the creature design he mentions would not work for a female version of the playable character. Sounds like he's designing for a movie. His vision doesn't sound practical for this game.

Oct 28, 2019
I was more dressing their concerns about the female Predators running around in metal thongs not the actual designs.

I get why some people don't like this kind of look but I don't actually have a problem with there clothes here.

But what if they don't think it's a cool looking character?

I like it but others might not.
Well let it be because you don't like the design, not just because it has boobs, and not because some guy once wrote about giant reverse sexual dimorphism for predators.

plagiarize

Don't touch your face!
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
After reading that article, the creature design he mentions would not work for a female version of the playable character. Sounds like he's designing for a movie. His vision doesn't sound practical for this game.
He doesn't go into what he'd do other than that it wouldn't be to make them larger like in the novels or to just give them boobs.

I've played games with Predators in them that had aliens of different sizes and abilities. Seems very friendly for a game of this nature to offer more divergent predators. That would take more work, for sure, but it would be a lot more interesting than what they've done here which is literally the least imaginative approach.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

"People always refer to the novel when I hear ‘In the novels, the females were giant, they were bigger than the males, that would be so cool’ and I’m like ‘You mean like the Queen Alien? because that is what the Queen Alien was’. Just on a cursory view, it feels like a little bit been-there-done-that to me and maybe there are giant female predators and some that are on the scale of the male, we don’t really know.”

Cool so he says what others in this thread have said. We're already aware of the different interpretations shown in comics regarding female Predators. Some look identical to the males like Big Mama. Others look more like human women in terms of body shapes like the Night Sister, yet is large. If he wants to deviate from making them large or sticking boobs onto them, then I support him, I'm open to all interpretations of the species. I can understand the disappointment some people feel with this design, but again, just an interpretation.

Gold Arsene

Oct 27, 2017
"People always refer to the novel when I hear ‘In the novels, the females were giant, they were bigger than the males, that would be so cool’ and I’m like ‘You mean like the Queen Alien? because that is what the Queen Alien was’. Just on a cursory view, it feels like a little bit been-there-done-that to me and maybe there are giant female predators and some that are on the scale of the male, we don’t really know.”

Cool so he says what others in this thread have said. We're already aware of the different interpretations shown in comics regarding female Predators. Some look identical to the males like Big Mama. Others look more like human women in terms of body shapes like the Night Sister, yet is large. If he wants to deviate from making them large or sticking boobs onto them, then I support him, I'm open to all interpretations of the species. I can understand the disappointment some people feel with this design, but again, just an interpretation.
Ok? So why can't people say they'd prefer the huge ones and don't like this particular interpretation?

StallionDan

Oct 25, 2017
The novels are canon, at least they were proclaimed as much at least as recent as mid 2000s. Did they undo that for The Predator?

noyram23

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the more you know. That's actually a cooler concept
Off-topic, but i have never heard about this game before. When i read the title i thought you were talking about the female stalker in that PS2 horror game called Haunting Ground. LOL

Pretty sure you're just looking for an excuse to post this image

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hunting Grounds actually looks pretty good. I'm pleasantly surprised, but on topic, I am a little disappointed by the lack of sexual dimorphism, but perhaps it would change the game mechanically and so they (Illfonic) opted not to go that route and just did a palette swap. No big to me. I understand that sometimes in game development, you have to make compromises and focus on the more important aspects of shipping a product.

The whole human - predator alliance, and predators genetically mutating themselves doesn't fit with the novels.
Some may disagree but Predators was the only film in the franchise that approaches the original classic. The Predator just had a stupid premise and betrayed the whole thrill of the hunt, and honorable kill mythos of the predators that's been established in separate mediums.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The whole human - predator alliance, and predators genetically mutating themselves doesn't fit with the novels.

Human predator alliance would be considered a new thing yeah so it could still be canon? And I didn’t realize mutating themselves didn’t fit in canon, but I also hate that so much. So I wouldn’t really mind if The Predator was considered non-canon going forward

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Because that would require another rig/ modifications to their existing rig for that predator only and that's a lot of work. Probably not worth it for them.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Oh look, bewbs, does it has a bubble butt to complete the package?

TIL Yautja have genders. Off the top of my head, can't think of any good alien designs that tackle gender well. Like, nothing comes to mind outside of clearly human features with the odd skin color/texture :/

Alien Queen notwithstanding, to me that's more defined by the fact that it lay eggs rather than being a female xenomorph.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
That design makes me wince. It's just a bad trope that a motherfucking alien race with a weird expanding mouth, has to have human features like breasts. Like seriously? This is the best they could come up with? Do they not have an imagination?

Man. So much potential and we get...boob armor.

For what is supposed to be an apex predator.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The novels are canon, at least they were proclaimed as much at least as recent as mid 2000s. Did they undo that for The Predator?
One of the novels had a bit with am unconscious predator in an operating room and the main character remarked that it had large male genetalia.

That's sci-fi in general. Humanoids always mirror humans. It's even in the name. It's an amazing coincidence that the predator appears to have a similar muscle structure to humans so I'm not surprised at other similarities like breasts.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I had no idea about any of this, but my hot take is that the EU version of the females is way more interesting and far less cliche. That image is just so bereft of any thought or imagination - or risk - whatsoever.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
So this game has a free trial this weekend and I just want to say its not just the female pred that sucks... Its the entire game...

Controls are the worst fps slogs ive ever experienced. It plays like a waporware...

How have other ppl experienced it?