• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

The Dragon Ball Z 30th Anniversary collector’s edition Set announced 350$, Nov 2019, 4:3 aspect ratio [UPDATE: Cropped, heavy use of DVNR]

1st video of bad remaster added and comparion pics.

Sagadego17

Oct 25, 2017

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You'd be a fool to think Funimation won't re-release this (without the special limited stuff) a dozen different times.

At least they finally gave us more info. I can't believe they wanted people to sign up without any details on aspect ratio or what the set would include.

On a side note, how many people have actually watched the full series more than once? I decided to rewatch it with my son, and I had to switch to Kai, I just couldn't do it.

edited to add: oh, I just saw that they upped the minimum to 3000.

VDenter

Oct 27, 2017
The footage looks like crap.

This is Funimations fifth or sixth time screwing up a DBZ Home release.

Oct 25, 2017
Still see it's the DVNR'd mess they used in the Season Sets instead of what they used in the level sets.

So it's easy pass for me. Why is it so hard for Funimation to get it right?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Still see it's the DVNR mess they used in the Season Sets instead of what they used in the level sets.

So it's easy pass for me. Why is it so hard for Funimation to get it right?
They can't milk you to buy another iteration of this if they get it perfect. I mean the Dragon Boxes were pretty much near perfection for DVD sets and they never re-released it again.

edited: dragon box, not orange box. sooo many releases!

VDenter

Oct 27, 2017
What a joke.

Seriously this pisses me off to no end. How hard can it be to do this properly?!

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
super disappointed, I'd pay whatever they want for a real release but they just can't do it.

Oct 25, 2017
Those were for the old blurays. These new ones are going to be much more faithful
It won't.

It's using the same master from the looks of it, which means there's plenty of DVNR'd being used with all the grain removed. Dragon Ball Z has never looked like a water color painting for its original release. Using it just scrubs all the detail away and leads to errors liked posted above and erases what the original makers intended.

The Level sets so far have been the only competent Blu Ray released for Z from Funimation and they canceled that after the Saiyan saga finished.

Blade Runner

Oct 25, 2017
Not worth $350 to me if the source material is butchered.

Would love to watch the original DBZ after having enjoyed Kai, but I would do it to enjoy the animation. If that’s been trashed then there’s no point.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
It won't.

It's using the same master from the looks of it which means there's plenty of DVNR'd being used with all of the grain removed. Dragon Ball Z has never looked like a water color painting for it's original release. Using it just scrubs all the detail away and leads to errors liked posted above and erases what the original makers intended.

The Level sets so far have been the only competent Blu Ray released for Z from Funimation.
I see it now. I followed up on my original post.