The Crown Season 3 Trailer

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
It is up. The initial scene with the portraits for the postage stamps is a very smart scene to show the aging of the character and the transition between actress. Perfect.
Yeah, my reaction was "damn that's clever". It's nice to see some of the old actors still in their roles though, but I imagine they will mostly be phased out over the course of the season.
I thought Elizabeth's line was great...

...IIRC, it was "...it's best to just get on with it."

FutureLarking

Oct 28, 2017
About to start season 3 tonight. How does it compare to seasons 1 and 2?
It's good. I prefer season 2 for sure, but I think that's because I can't *not* see Olivia Coleman. Foy I could quite easily imagine as a young queen, Coleman I just see as Coleman, speaking as Coleman, acting like Coleman 😅

But otherwise still essential watching.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
you know, I was thinking this would be the case because Burton effectively thrust into being typecast but she is doing amazing work this season despite looking nothing like Princess Margaret.
That throws me off a little. She is an excellent actress but the two actress that played child and young Princess Margaret were perfect and with an uncanny semelhance (nose and face). From the new cast she is the most jarring difference.

ProfessorLobo

Oct 31, 2017
Wasn’t sure anyone was talking about this. I’ve enjoyed this season, but the outlandishness is starting to turn me off. Suggesting that Anthony Blunt was blackmailing Prince Phillip is fucking absurd. I was noticing this toward the end of the second season too. I don’t mind when they kind of fill in the blanks in regard to character motivations and such, but I think it’s really irresponsible to make up history for things that didn’t even happen that long ago.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Can I skip the first two seasons? I tried watching them, but I really couldn't. I just want to watch S3 because of Colman and Bonham Carter.

ProfessorLobo

Oct 31, 2017
Alright, will do. I watched the S3 first episode last night and loved it, probably because of the cast, because everything else isn't that much different from what I remember of the first season.
I actually thought the first episode of this season was the worst, but that might be because I found the creators trying to tie Phillip to the Profumo scandal in the second season to be really absurd and kind of irresponsible, and for some reason they decided to push it even further in that episode.

TearablePuns

Oct 26, 2017
i had no idea season 3 was up already.
I don’t have Netflix but I might have to steal someone’s for this. Absolutely love this series

PatriotSaro

Banned
Nov 8, 2019
I'm sorry but I can't be the only only one who finds the casting for Martin Charteris hilarious.

In season 1 and 2 he was played by the dude who played Bertie Hexham in Downton Abbey. In season 3 hes played by Michael Gregson's actor from Downton Abbey.

Both of Lady Ediths boyfriends are playing the same dude lol.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The season started out great but kinda fell apart by the end.

Some episodes were straight up bad, like the one with the moon landing; and despite Princess Anne being prominent this season, they completely skipped her kidnapping attempt.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That line where Anne said there would always be 3 of them in the marriage (re: Charles and Camilla)...... groan.

Anne and Charles in general was played great though.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Episode 1... Still as great as always...

Something is bugging me tho.... I have that feeling that I have seen the actor playing Wilson before but I can't figure out where? Looking at his IMDB, I am not finding anything else I have seen with him. Does he look a lot like another actor that I might be mixing up?