Super Mario Odyssey already exceeded 2 million units in just its first 3 days.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all. The only question on my mind was how many millions will it sell 2 or 3?

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. I can count the number of platformers I’ve enjoyed on one hand. So far odyssey is looking to be an addition to that list.

If I can enjoy it, I can guarantee pretty much anyone can.

skittzo0413

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing result. I know at least one friend who is about to buy the Switch and Mario since he played it with me for about a half hour and was hooked. This game is going to clean up.

It was asked earlier, but does anyone know if this number typically includes bundles? I'm guessing it does but I'm not sure.

War3190

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see how many units have sold after the holidays.

I am hoping it reaches 5 million by March.

jacktuar

Oct 25, 2017
That’s less impressive when you take into account the fact that I bought 1 million of those copies.

Eeeeeeeeeeek I love this game.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Scrawnton

Oct 26, 2017
A single player game with zero micro transactions and no announced season pass is reviewing AND selling well?! What year is it?

skittzo0413

Oct 25, 2017
It does. The original slide has exactly that remark in fine print: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/171031_2e.pdf (page 13)
Ah, that was very fine print. I was looking on my phone last night and wasn't able to see it haha

Good to know then. I'm curious what the percentage of sales were bundles then, since it might leave a significant amount of the previously existing install base still needing to buy the game. Analysts seemed to be expecting around a 90% attach rate by the end of the year, I'm curious if they can hit it.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I’m not surprised.

1. It’s an extremely good Mario game
2. It’s Mario
3. Switch owners throw money at everything

Mario will outsell BotW in the long run. Looking forward to seeing what Switch does for Metroid.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ah, that was very fine print. I was looking on my phone last night and wasn't able to see it haha

Good to know then. I'm curious what the percentage of sales were bundles then, since it might leave a significant amount of the previously existing install base still needing to buy the game. Analysts seemed to be expecting around a 90% attach rate by the end of the year, I'm curious if they can hit it.
90%? That would mean 12-13 million units by the end of the year! Isn't that a little high?

skittzo0413

Oct 25, 2017

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
That's awesome news! It's gonna be a real monster seller by the end of the Switches life.

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
Great news, the game is really good. Been having fun learning how to speedrun it lately. The amount of sequence breaks the movement allows is really interesting, plus there's little to no downtime. I think this game will be really popular for that.

c0de

Oct 28, 2017
The king of first party games. It's amazing how Nintendo manages to reinvent their own games and IP since decades in a way that the games are fun to play, commercial successes on their platform and in general, as well as being well received by reviewers and customers.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
I can see why, my two boys and I can't put it down. I also saw on CNN Money that Nintendo just doubled their predicted profit for their current financial year from $500 million to just over one billion $ USD. Letsa go!

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Man, they have turned things around. From one foot in the grave to being one of the hottest brands in the gaming scene. Can't wait to see what's in store moving forward.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Well deserved.

I am a little sad and happy at the same time. It is the first Mario that I am letting my son take the lead on.

OrbitalBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The best video game studio on the planet creates another masterpiece. And the world has responded accordingly.

I hope this goes on to become the best selling 3D Mario entry. It deserves it.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved and here is to it selling even more this Christmas!

Overall an astounding game and it feels like Nintendo put together everything I wanted out of a 3D Mario in one package. This is a must play for anyone who loved Mario 64.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved.
I still need to find time for play it, but for what i have seen it's a really well made game

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved. Game is fantastic and has reminded me why the Switch is so great. Being able to play SMO anywhere has been amazing.