Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order |OT| Respawn of the Jedi

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Finished it, pretty much all the praise and all the criticism has merit.

Kind of a stronger last third but it feels like they end up doing nothing with
Merrin after Dathomir.

And the final scene has no
debate or discussion. I get we have had the vision and the unanswered question as to the merits from Merrin but.. the ending just felt very sudden.

Finally:
did murdering all those night brothers feel really really weird to anyone else? Like, we had no right to be there and were told to leave. But we didn't and murdered like 40 guys of an already decimated race?

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yes, performance is pretty awful on base PS4. I've enjoyed the game and aiming to get the platinum but the lack of polish has been disappointing. Kashyyyk is the main culprit. I've had the game freeze for a few seconds ten or more times when entering a new area. Enemies failing to spawn at first and then doing so right next to me as well. Still my overall impression has been positive.

Strider0457

Dec 27, 2017
Sweet Satan, what is going on the PS4? Is the pro version at least a bit better?

I'm glad I got a new PC last year. My PS4 (later PS4 pro) got plenty of use, but it seems like a lot of recent multiplats have been a mess on console. Heard a lot of complaints for Vampyr and Sekiro, too. It's a shame when great games cannot be appreciated because they run so badly. :(
I beat the game on pro and it was miserable. Worst performing game from this year for me, even worse than launch Control. Sekiro played like a dream for me on the pro.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How is the PC version currently? Thinking about picking this up, but also have other options so I don't want to grab it if it's still having problems that need patched.

Morrigan

The MandaloRIAN
Oct 24, 2017
How is the PC version currently? Thinking about picking this up, but also have other options so I don't want to grab it if it's still having problems that need patched.
It's fine for me, with solid PC built just last year. A bit of light stuttering every now and then that I can't seem to get rid of (despite JaseC's best attempts at fixing it, it was still not completely gone), even when Steam tells me my game is at 60fps lol... but other than that it runs fine. No major graphical glitch. Saw some very light pop-in once or twice maybe.

Almost everyone complaining about major issues seem to be playing on consoles, with the brunt of the issues being on base PS4, it seems.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's fine for me, with solid PC built just last year. A bit of light stuttering every now and then that I can't seem to get rid of (despite JaseC's best attempts at fixing it, it was still not completely gone), even when Steam tells me my game is at 60fps lol... but other than that it runs fine. No major graphical glitch. Saw some very light pop-in once or twice maybe.

Almost everyone complaining about major issues seem to be playing on consoles, with the brunt of the issues being on base PS4, it seems.
What about jankiness/bugs? I'm more worried about that than a bit of stuttering honestly.

Morrigan

The MandaloRIAN
Oct 24, 2017
What about jankiness/bugs? I'm more worried about that than a bit of stuttering honestly.
The only bug I had was when I tried to open a map at the very start of a "squeeze through narrow space" animation (which is really just a disguised loading screen) one time and the game bugged on me, and I had to restart (was no big deal at all). One time I accidentally opened the map during those moments too and nothing happened so it was just bad luck.

Never had any issues with bugs or jank otherwise.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The only bug I had was when I tried to open a map at the very start of a "squeeze through narrow space" animation (which is really just a disguised loading screen) one time and the game bugged on me, and I had to restart (was no big deal at all). One time I accidentally opened the map during those moments too and nothing happened so it was just bad luck.

Never had any issues with bugs or jank otherwise.
Awesome, I'll probably wait until around Christmas to try to see if it has a sale and if not I'll just pick it up anyway. Thanks!

J-Skee

Oct 25, 2017
YOOOOOOOOOO
Darth Vader just Rogue One'd this whole shit. Took out Trilla AND Cere.
I was not prepared for that.

But dammit, the technical issues are seriously annoying & I HATE platforming in this game. But that moment was awesome.

EDIT: Okay, never mind. Spoke too soon about one thing, but still. Freaking amazing.

Tommcatt

Apr 26, 2019
YOOOOOOOOOO

But dammit, the technical issues are seriously annoying & I HATE platforming in this game. But that moment was awesome.

EDIT: Okay, never mind. Spoke too soon about one thing, but still. Freaking amazing.
I was so glad I didn't know
Vader
was in the game. I'd actually been reading his comic and just witnessed how bad of a mother fucker he was so when he showed up and started tearing everything up it was truly amazing.

Last edited:

J-Skee

Oct 25, 2017
Vader
was in the game. I'd actually been reading his comic and just witnessed how bad of a mother fucker he was so when he showed up and started tearing everything up it was truly amazing.
So that comic series is pretty good? I've always been interested about
Vader in his prime
, so more of that is definitely welcome.

Morrigan

The MandaloRIAN
Oct 24, 2017
Just beat the game. Really good, 8/9 out of 10 easily. Kinda regret switching to Jedi Master now lol, since the last two bosses were so much fun on Grandmaster.

I liked the ending but I kinda wish
Cere had died for maximum drama lol.
YOOOOOOOOOO

Vader
was in the game.
I envy you guys. This was spoiled to me and I know I would have lost my shit but grrr already expected it...

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
The white screen gave me a headache - during the meditation. I had to turn off the HDR. Now the game looks kinda bland. The devs need to work on that, please Respawn.

J-Skee

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game. Really good, 8/9 out of 10 easily. Kinda regret switching to Jedi Master now lol, since the last two bosses were so much fun on Grandmaster.

I liked the ending but I kinda wish
Cere had died for maximum drama lol.

I envy you guys. This was spoiled to me and I know I would have lost my shit but grrr already expected it...
I already had the
Order 66 flashback
spoiled for me by a YouTube thumbnail, so I was already pretty pissed about that, but I was not expecting
Vader
at all. I can't believe they spoiled that in the Thanksgiving ad.

bigstef71

Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I own the game but I think I'll wait to play it for awhile until it's patched well on ps4 pro. Anyways I have a huge backlog. Right now I'm playing the force unleashed 1 and 2 on ps3. Now that's a series I wish got a third game.

sandboxgod

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I beat the game on pro and it was miserable. Worst performing game from this year for me, even worse than launch Control. Sekiro played like a dream for me on the pro.
rose tinted glasses? There's a notorious scene where the frame rate drops ~30 when you're running along the roof tops in this one optional boss area. Although for the most part it played alright

I played Fallen order on PC in anycase where I had pretty decent performance (top end PC though)