• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 3 hours, 50 minutes, 31 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Star Wars Battlefront II |OT| This Deal is Getting Worse all the Time!

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man I have been suffering through severe lag and glitches in Capital Supremacy. Which is weird cause my internet is pretty good!

Like for the last 10 minutes I would keep getting respawned out of bounds camera wise. But if I spawned using a team member it would work fine.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm surprised everyone on the subreddit is so down on the BB units.

A tiny little beach ball rolling around super fast in between playersand zapping people is gonna be far more fun than yet another Clone Wars lightsaber hero with AOE force powers.

I get people like the character of Ashoka and so do I but mechanically and gameplay wise she would bring nothing interesting or really new to the table.

Oct 29, 2017
Omg the DC-15 with the explosive shot is way better than it was at launch. I love getting those splash kills lol

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite multiplayer experiences ever. I never, ever have a bad time with this game. Even when I played a bunch at launch I always thought it was a blast.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I've never been able to get into a game of starfighter mode in the past two months, I'll try to queue up for a match almost every day I play on and off for the past two months and it never pops or get stuck in the loading menu waiting for more players to join till eventually ppl leave and that number increases so matches never start. I love the starfighter mode but no one plays even on PS4?

I'm guessing we'll never get a proper, full on GC mode for this...
Most of the maps wouldn't work well for that mode, they are made for the linear progression modes like assault and CS which involve on side pushing forward and another defending. GC maps need to be more spread out for objective play and so many of the maps in the game really are long corridors with tight borders. Only a handful of maps might work for GC sadly.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been able to get into a game of starfighter mode in the past two months, I'll try to queue up for a match almost every day I play on and off for the past two months and it never pops or get stuck in the loading menu waiting for more players to join till eventually ppl leave and that number increases so matches never start. I love the starfighter mode but no one plays even on PS4?
DICE killed that entire section of that game by letting it die without any content. It was one of the few things that were universally liked at launch, but when Criterion left DICE never bothered to pick it back up. We have yet to get any new content for star-fighters since TLJ. The new maps DICE have made, like the Solo and Clone Wars maps, have no starfighters in them either.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
I’m currently deciding whether to get the Celebration Edition for the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X. Sounds like Xbox has the better resolution, but PlayStation has the player count? And I heard there’s an aim drift issue with the Xbox version or was that fixed?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Played a bit of co op today for the first time ever and had a lot of fun. Decent mode for sure. Played as the resistance and that spy dude is pretty cool. Feels nice to use blasters that haven’t been in the game.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay so I know that the all the stuff in the Celebration Edition can easily be gotten for free, and that I really should just grind.

But I REALLY want to get the Celebration Edition lol.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got back into it a bit after some time away.

Starfighter felt dead. Which is sad since that's by far my favorite mode.

Heroes vs. Villains used to have a villain edge, but it seems like it's more in the hero's favor these days. It used to be hard for me to get on a villain team, now all I get are villain teams

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so I know that the all the stuff in the Celebration Edition can easily be gotten for free, and that I really should just grind.

But I REALLY want to get the Celebration Edition lol.
Celebration is really a love letter to SW fans. Not necessary to play, but if you really love SW it's a no brainer.

The downside to grinding the Celebration stuff is that they are releasing new content again soon and those you will have to purchase by grinding. This weeks drop is included in Celebration, the next drop won't be.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Got back into it a bit after some time away.

Starfighter felt dead. Which is sad since that's by far my favorite mode.

Heroes vs. Villains used to have a villain edge, but it seems like it's more in the hero's favor these days. It used to be hard for me to get on a villain team, now all I get are villain teams
I love lot of what they have done but Starfighter being totally ignored has been such a bummer. I love Starfighter but for past two months, I've never once been able to get a game to pop via matchmaking anymore. I'm sure others have same issue and when matchmaking fails to pop, it makes ppl stop queuing for it and makes it worse. Starfighter was a big part of the game to me and it's dead

Bluforce

Oct 27, 2017
Game won't start on my PC.
It was alright until the recent update, now it's just a black screen.
I did the files verification, rebooted Origin and the PC, nothing works.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i got the game via the 1-month ea access trial on xbl. can i buy the 22€ upgrade for the new edition and keep that after my ea access runs out? or will i lose the game itself?

Droidian

Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I took the plunge and reinstalled the game on PC along with buying the Celebration Package.
I look forward to putting time into it .

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Farmboy Luke skin achievement is up. Hit people 25 times with repulse. Went into a HvV to work on it and ended up getting it in my first game AND winning the game with it lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Why is Sequel Co-Op so fucking hard?
Been playing quite a bit of co-op since the update and...well, people playing the game dont seem to understand what they need to be doing. Ive had several games where Ive cleared out the enemies and Im 3/4 of the way to capturing the point, but the rest of the team is going after another objective that has almost zero progress on it. Im almost always the top player and Im not very good frankly.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing quite a bit of co-op since the update and...well, people playing the game dont seem to understand what they need to be doing. Ive had several games where Ive cleared out the enemies and Im 3/4 of the way to capturing the point, but the rest of the team is going after another objective that has almost zero progress on it. Im almost always the top player and Im not very good frankly.
I sometimes go in for a specific achievement or kill count to unlock more guns. The objective is secondary when I do it.

DaMoo

Nov 1, 2017
NY, USA
I picked up the PC port of this back when it was on sale a few months ago, and I’m glad I did. With the hype around the new movie I decided to install it and play some matches and hot damn does this game look beautiful at higher frame rates. I originally got the PS4 version which still looks great, but ultra settings on PC and high frame rates is such a treat. The star fighter assault mode is still a ton of fun and makes me wish for a new rogue squadron or TIE vs. X-Wing that we’ll probably never get.

I was also shocked at how drastic the changes are with the star cards, ability system, and general UI. I last played probably about 2 years ago, and I really appreciate the stuff that was changed.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Went to redownload on the PS4 and holy hell this game is over 100 GB now? Ugh, this will take a while.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Jumped back in and co-o is absolutely amazing. Allows someone like me who was never great at galactic assault to feel badass and learn the heroes more.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Jumped back in and co-o is absolutely amazing. Allows someone like me who was never great at galactic assault to feel badass and learn the heroes more.
And with only 4 people playing, it's usually pretty easy to get the one you want. Even if you don't, the games go fast enough that you can try again. Triple xp and Co op is the way to go for leveling.

OmegaSmash

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This code email stuff is pissing me off. Like, why do I get emails telling me that I changed emails but NOT get emails about verification codes?