Star Trek Discovery - Season 2 |OT| Exploration is logical

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm totally back in, great premise. Also props to David Ajala for announcing this with a super-local early 2000's garage reference.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I count only 6 stars on the Federation flag. Assuming this is incative of the amount of members left:

- Earth
- Andoria
- Vulcan
- Tellar
- Alpha Centauri
- Coridan..? Betazed...?

If so I actually hope they will choose different members than the core worlds to be left. Getting Vulcan back in the Federation could be an interesting arc for Michael.

Really looking forward to it.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Looks like it will be a while longer before we see the new season. I'm fine with that. Rather people stay safe. The service isn't going anywhere. That just means though that season 4 of Discovery, season 2 of Picard, and any potential Pike show that might be coming is going to be even further away. I guess that does clear the field for the animated offerings. Maybe we could get more on that front since I would imagine production on those type of shows might be easier to do from a work at home setup. This is going to push back Section 31 even further it seems as well.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah. Looks like it will be a while longer before we see the new season. I'm fine with that. Rather people stay safe. The service isn't going anywhere. That just means though that season 4 of Discovery, season 2 of Picard, and any potential Pike show that might be coming is going to be even further away. I guess that does clear the field for the animated offerings. Maybe we could get more on that front since I would imagine production on those type of shows might be easier to do from a work at home setup. This is going to push back Section 31 even further it seems as well.
Yeah I saw on Twitter that Lower Decks hasn't been impacted yet

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the original plan was to announce a date, but with the virus they have no idea when it will come. Have they said if post production and editing are being done from people's homes?