• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

So Arnold fucking lost it at then end of Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie right?

Ecotic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This should be a learning experience. Arnold by default refers to Arnold Schwarzenneger, and it must be made immediately clear by whoever is saying it when it doesn't.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a title change so we can discuss the actual movie the OP meant because the premise of this thread is one that I actually wanna hear peoples' thoughts on lol

Traxus

Jan 2, 2018
I mean yeah, Arnold saw all his friends brutally murdered by an alien lifeform then covered himself in mud and fucking killed the thing with his bare hands. Of course the dude is going to have a few psychological issues moving forward.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
cartoon movies usually never hit the mark, but i thought this one was okay. they brought back lockjaw and that was enough for me

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I think Arnold clearly won at the end of the jungle movie, but there's more to be said about how he won. there's a subversive thread throughout - probably an unintended one - where masculinity is as pointless and destructive. The Predator had his knuckle blades around Arnold's head and had ample opportunity to kill him. The only reason he died was because of his male pride forcing him to make the fight more fair, while Arnold was willing to employ any dirty trick he need in order to survive.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
I agree and I like the idea that the finale of Predator is just a big PTSD-induced delusion. Really adds depth to the film.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
You know, guys, you're right. if we all keep trying, I'm sure ONE OF US will eventually make it funny! Maybe on the next page.

criteriondog

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't two of the villian's henchmen like die in this movie due to a trap? I recall that being unexpected for a Nickelodeon movie. I liked the movie and was glad the series finally got it's promised movie/conclusion. Wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen the movie yet, but if that's the intended narrative it kills all of my desire to watch it. :/

Oct 25, 2017
- He wakes up out of bed unsure if the whole thing even happened
- The jungle adventure itself was pretty nutty
- Helga's like "why the fuck are you holding my hand?"
- Dude subconsciously knows he still has go to go to school even tho he just "got" his parents back
- His parents look like they subtly fade away before the school doors close and the lighting kicks in

Yeah, dude snapped

Edit: This is about this
It was just a mediocre movie. All of your strikes against the ending plagued the rest of the film. Poorly directed, robotically animated, sterilized style, the ending was just jarringly paced like the rest of the movie.

There are bones of a decent flick in there, but it just needed a bigger budget and the momentum of it’s heyday production crew to really land. It’s the biggest let down of the revival films.
I should get around to watching the two Hey Arnold movies
Even for Nickelodeon films it doesn’t come close to Spongebob or the first two Rugrats films. They’re both Doug’s first Movie tier, which is to say mediocre.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Even for Nickelodeon films it doesn’t come close to Spongebob or the first two Rugrats films. They’re both Doug’s first Movie tier, which is to say mediocre.
Unfortunate

Where would you put it in this ranking?

Rugrats in Paris > Rugrats: The Movie > The Spongebob Squarepants Movie > Invader Zim: Into the Florpus > Rugrats Go Wild > Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling > Doug's First Movie