Shenmue III is shipping now for Kickstarter backers it seems

Lothars

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, what did backers missed from the pre order dlc?

I got a brown kenpogi from Amazon.
this is the list of all preorder dlc including ones from different retailers.
Everyone who preorders Shenmue 3 will get the following in-game items:
Blazing Kick (advanced technique scroll)
25 Capsule Toy Tickets
5,000 Playing Tokens for Gambling
Snake Power X3
A few retailer-exclusive bonuses are available as well.
Amazon - Kenpogi Training Wear
Best Buy - Steelbook Case
GameStop - Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion
PlayStation Store - 3 Avatars and a Shenmue III PS4 Theme

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i have a question i want to ask. If you lovely people don't mind.

For the people who backed it on kickstarter. When does the dlc unlock in game. Is it from the start, or later in the game.

Last edited:

Raoh

Oct 27, 2017
this is the list of all preorder dlc including ones from different retailers.
Everyone who preorders Shenmue 3 will get the following in-game items:
Blazing Kick (advanced technique scroll)
25 Capsule Toy Tickets
5,000 Playing Tokens for Gambling
Snake Power X3
A few retailer-exclusive bonuses are available as well.
Amazon - Kenpogi Training Wear
Best Buy - Steelbook Case
GameStop - Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion
PlayStation Store - 3 Avatars and a Shenmue III PS4 Theme

It's baffling how they could miss this for backers.

Rowsdower

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My copy is still in transit. At least it made it into a 'facility' in Canada at least. I hopefully get it next week. Anyone else in Canada get theirs yet?

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got my copy but I’m currently engrossed in Death Stranding. Funny because when I played the first two games earlier this year for the first time it gave me this same relaxing and unique feeling

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I got it today. Holding this in my hands 18 years since playing Shenmue 2, feels completely surreal and a bit sentimental, I'll have to admit.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
For the new page:

Does anyone know if NA even GOT the Day-1 edition? Everything I have seen is that it is an EU-only edition, so those bonuses are only for the EU and not in NA.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
For the new page:

Does anyone know if NA even GOT the Day-1 edition? Everything I have seen is that it is an EU-only edition, so those bonuses are only for the EU and not in NA.
It does seem like that. The Limited Run Games CE is very similar to the EU CE barring the Dreamcast case, but EU got a day one copy in the box and Limited Run/NA didn't.

That said, EU backers did still get the regular non-day one edition so clearly copies do exist in Europe that aren't day one.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It does seem like that. The Limited Run Games CE is very similar to the EU CE barring the Dreamcast case, but EU got a day one copy in the box and Limited Run/NA didn't.

That said, EU backers did still get the regular non-day one edition so clearly copies do exist in Europe that aren't day one.
Yeah that's what I thought. So at least for NA, we aren't missing out on any bonuses as they are all 'regular editions'. EU were the only ones getting more retail bonuses/limiteds.

Nov 2, 2017
Quebec City
So there were no new updates using the USPS website, but I know USPS deliveries get transferred to Canada Post once they reach Canada. So I entered my tracking ID on the CanadaPost website. It's still in transit with an expected delivery date on november 26th.

It's a fucking joke at this point.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
UK and have heard absolutely nothing about mine being despatched. Nothing in shipments either. Got the digital code so hopefully can play it in a week or so 😑

e: backed $60 for pc physical but they sent the code separately on launch day

OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
So there were no new updates using the USPS website, but I know USPS deliveries get transferred to Canada Post once they reach Canada. So I entered my tracking ID on the CanadaPost website. It's still in transit with an expected delivery date on november 26th.

It's a fucking joke at this point.
Yeah, mine says 25th but I see that it was processed in Montréal this morning. Perhaps there's chance it'll get here tomorrow. Ridiculous in any case. In 2018 I thought I was pretty crazy to buy a second copy (digital this time) during the Slacker Backer campaign, ''just in case something happens with shipping''. Sucks that I was right...

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah, mine says 25th but I see that it was processed in Montréal this morning. Perhaps there's chance it'll get here tomorrow. Ridiculous in any case. In 2018 I thought I was pretty crazy to buy a second copy (digital this time) during the Slacker Backer campaign, ''just in case something happens with shipping''. Sucks that I was right...
Thank god I didn’t rely on my KS copy and bought game separately, in Vancouver here and at first it says on USPS website it arrived in Vancouver on 18th and I waited few days and now it’s saying “Your item arrived at a facility in CANADA on November 21, 2019 at 9:13 am.” How weird.

Nov 2, 2017
Quebec City
Yeah I thought about it too (buying another copy), but something felt wrong about buying the game again after spending 650CAD$+ on the initial kickstarter.

The first campaign I've ever backed too. So stoked to play Shenmue 3, but this ruined the release for me. Still can't wait to play ...

OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I thought about it too (buying another copy), but something felt wrong about buying the game again after spending 650CAD$+ on the initial kickstarter.

The first campaign I've ever backed too. So stoked to play Shenmue 3, but this ruined the release for me. Still can't wait to play ...
Oh yeah that's a lot of dough! It's unfair that you basically gave a big donation towards the game's development and still came empty handed at the starting line. Still, the wait is worth it for sure, I had pretty mild expectations for the game, but I truly found it turned out great from the few hours I played.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting for the evening crew.
---------------------

For the people who backed it on kickstarter. When does the dlc unlock in game. Is it from the start, or later in the game.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Reposting for the evening crew.
---------------------

When you first load into the world to start playing you are greeted with this

Than upon taking control it’s all in your inventory

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fuck sake. I was not greeted with that.

Yep. Going to have to email Fangamer. Which i really don't want to do. I'm awful at writing emails.

Thanks for letting me know.
ah annoying! Yeah it should mention the unlocks after you enter the backer code than upon loading into the game that screen pop up to let you know items you have unlocked and are in your inventory.

I had to email fangamer because I received my game without the slip case. Worst part is they take so long to write back and it says they don’t reply on weekends. That said They were helpful so hopefully can fix your issue!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope notbody minds me bugging them one more time about this.

But i thought i'd take some screenshots for my email to Fangamer (still not got a single clue what to write though. *sigh*) And i thought i'd show them here. Just to make sure i'm not crazy, and it's not that i'm doing something wrong.

This is the screen after i put in my backer code.

And this is the redeem code history on my Epic account.

I'm not crazy, and it's not just me doing something wrong. Right ?

Rowsdower

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fellow Canadian here, I have a delivery date for the 25th. It does say item processed in North York, so maybe I'll get it today.

I'm never backing a physical copy of a game ever again. I've backed other games and received digital codes (usually Steam) nice and prompt; this has just been a mess.

OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally received my game this morning. Before receiving it I thought the backer case had some texture to it in the logo or something, but there is none. Very flat, cheap and undewhelming.

I'm just glad the game is as fun as it is, because yeah, the whole crowdfunding campaign has been lackluster for real (and I'm a positive guy when it comes to videogames!).

Maxi

Oct 25, 2017

But i thought i'd take some screenshots for my email to Fangamer (still not got a single clue what to write though. *sigh*) And i thought i'd show them here. Just to make sure i'm not crazy, and it's not that i'm doing something wrong.

Don't you have two EPIC codes you have to add? On my FanGamer I had one Called DLC. Maybe you need to redeem that first before entering the backercode in-game?

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
So the PC backers are yet to receive the physical version, right? That would explain. I received a digital code for my physical PC purchase.

OP
OP
Metalgus

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
So the PC backers are yet to receive the physical version, right? That would explain. I received a digital code for my physical PC purchase.
Yep. As per Kickstarter Update 122:

PC Physical Packages & Disks
Due to production circumstances, PC physical packages and disks will not be delivered by November 19th. Epic Games Store product codes, including for PC physical backers, will be delivered through your survey from Fangamer, so PC physical backers will be able to play at release.

We apologize for this delay and will post and update once physical packages and disks are ready to ship.

Nov 2, 2017
Quebec City
Just received my copy in Canada (East Coast).

Came with some kind of a slipcase that feels cheap as hell and that I will most likely lose. Would have been nice to have a nice metal case and a fun package instead.

Can't wait to play, starting tonight!!!!

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019

I'm exactly in the same situation. It looks like backer DLC redemption for the PC version is bugged and isn't working for anyone right now (there's plenty of proof at Shenmue dojo in this link https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/digital-bonuses-bumping-on-fangamer.1967/page-10).

I jumped straight from Shenmue II, and I'm sorry to say this but III looks really really amateurish so far in little details like this (or the main menu even).

ZooSteel

Oct 28, 2017
I’m in Canada- my copy is expected to arrive next Wednesday.

I’m one of those crazy Shenmue fans so I bought a digital copy of the game and the EB Games version with medallion. Will hopefully play tonight!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you have two EPIC codes you have to add? On my FanGamer I had one Called DLC. Maybe you need to redeem that first before entering the backercode in-game?
Yes, i did put in DLC code before i tried my backer code. (as i showed in the second pic)
I'm exactly in the same situation. It looks like backer DLC redemption for the PC version is bugged and isn't working for anyone right now (there's plenty of proof at Shenmue dojo in this link https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/digital-bonuses-bumping-on-fangamer.1967/page-10).

I jumped straight from Shenmue II, and I'm sorry to say this but III looks really really amateurish so far in little details like this (or the main menu even).
That's a shame. Guess i'm waiting till it's fixed.

Fool

May 2, 2018
Arrived today. Now downloading patch 1.02. Feels pretty weird to get out of that cave after 18 years.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Warning! KS OST download is limited to 3 max although the file size is 112MB and the download link expires at 19 May 2020

Code:
Physical PC package and disk production has been delayed. Fulfillment is now expected for early February 2020.
Shenmue III KS Update #127 Thursday 9th January 2020

Apparently Ys Net couldn't be bothered to print Epic installer disk and some cardboard as CD slip case since Tuesday, Nov 19 2019.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
ummm, I should have received my copy in the UK by now right? Keep forgetting :\

edit: oh of course the only update I've seen regarding a delay is in the post right above this one that I didn't read >_>

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Warning! KS OST download is limited to 3 max although the file size is 112MB and the download link expires at 19 May 2020
Backing that up on google drive then...

Does seem pretty awful how they're handling the PC release, especially considering you didn't get a digital code as well iirc?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Backing that up on google drive then...

Does seem pretty awful how they're handling the PC release, especially considering you didn't get a digital code as well iirc?
Nah, they did hand out digital codes to pc physical backers on launch so people could still play.

No idea why printing said disk with a installer on is taking so long though, lol.