• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 2 days, 10 hours, 13 minutes, 45 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Robocop Sequel/Reboot in the Works

Matthew77

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
Came for RobertCop will not leave dissapointed.

As for the topic leave it alone, it doesn’t need reboots and never needed sequels. Robocop is close to a perfect movie with a singular vision where every idea including the crazy ones just worked, like Tobe Hoopers TCM. I’m not sure even Verhoeven himself could replicate how well that movie works.

cj_iwakura

Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Came for RobertCop will not leave dissapointed.

As for the topic leave it alone, it doesn’t need reboots and never needed sequels. Robocop is close to a perfect movie with a singular vision where every idea including the crazy ones just worked, like Tobe Hoopers TCM. I’m not sure even Verhoeven himself could replicate how well that movie works.
They usually can't. The better thing to do is to let someone with an original take and an original concept have the reins.

If you pitched me a reboot of Robocop with an officer who got gunned down and gets turned turn into a robot, I'd send you out of the office.

But if you pitch me an idea of, say, a gangster who gets turned into a robot to help the drug lords, but then winds up being conflicted and helping out the cops, then we'd be talking.

Allforce

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hate the reboot a few years back with Kinnaman and Oldman so whatever. I'm open to a new take on RoboCop, doesn't ruin the old ones for me at all.

Tence

Oct 30, 2017
Paul Verhoeven is both alive, and still making films, Hollywood. Just fucking call the man if you want a sequel to his movie.
I seriously doubt he would do it though.

I am still waiting for one last sci-fi movie by Paul, but I am really afraid it will never happen.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
The only way a new Robocop movie works is by keeping the late stage capitalism/megacorp dystopian future from the first one. Studios don't seem to realize this, I think they need Verhoeven to actually keep the vision on point.

Grunge_Hamster

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Only way this would work if he's the villain, like he acts as an American cop and tries to kill PoC and stuff, so it's more like Terminator 1.
An horror film?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Same writer and everything. The ONLY complaint you could leverage against it is that it's not as satirical, but that's fine too, it's just a damn good action film.
Yeah, it's not as good as RoboCop 1 but it's still a fun time. It's by far and away the best entry in the franchise besides the original. It also has some fantastic stop motion work.