• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 5 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes, 44 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Resident Evil 3 Remake covers discovered on PSN

Slipknot666

Dec 1, 2017
Hot take but I hope we get some dodge moves (and this was even a feature in 3) and at least some melee/hand-to-hand attacks. Jill doesn't need to have the exhaustive and overpowered repertoire of kicks, punches, grappling moves and suplexes from RE4/5/6, but I'd really like some satisfying blows to liven up the gameplay, especially since RE3 is more action based than RE2.
Thank god you don’t have anything to do with the RE3 Remake

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
It's just folks like me that'll have to adjust after nearly two decades of Julia Voth.

Like RE2 Remake, there'll be an adjustment period. She certainly doesn't look bad, but just not what most player's mental image of her has been for awhile.
I actually haven’t played REmake until this gen. I’ve had to adjust when RE5 released and I saw this blonde woman only to be surprised that she was Jill. She was not my Jill. my mental image of hers was RE3 Jill which was the first RE I’ve ever played. This new Jill looks perfect imo. She looks like what I imagined her to be in HD.

Scotia

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Moving away from this co-op argument, I really like the theory that the trams are being replaced by a subway. Fighting Nemesis in a moving subway car sounds so fucking bad ass, I can’t wait.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I hope both REmake2 and R3make get PS5 patches. REmake2 is my GOTY and I still get warm fuzzy feelings thinking about how it actually exists and is as perfect as it is. Capcom really is back! Dino Crisis remake and I will be in heaven.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
We really did get lucky with Leon, I suppose. :(

DMC5 was fantastic as well, I loved all of the characters, but in RE we're getting way more misses than hits.
I think it's in part due to the fact that Resident Evil already used likenesses to represent their characters.

But I agree. DMC5 seemed like it had faces that really fit a description of the characters. Half of RE's scanned faces don't seem distinctive, and that's the impression I'm getting from what we've seen of Jill.

It isn't 'good' and 'bad' though. It's more 'Yeah, that's Leon', 'Yeah, that's Ada', 'I suppose that could be Chris'.

Aryun

Nov 22, 2019
I swear Leon is the only one in this series that Capcom has tried to stay consistent with. Everyone else just ends up looking radically different. I still think RE2 remake Claire looks nothing like Claire which bugs the hell out of me.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I swear Leon is the only one in this series that Capcom has tried to stay consistent with. Everyone else just ends up looking radically different. I still think RE2 remake Claire looks nothing like Claire which bugs the hell out of me.
Leon is actually inconsistent. Every depiction of his face is different. The only thing consistent about him is his hair which is his defining feature and what makes him distinct to every other RE character.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
No Voth is lame & Jill looks a bit too young imo, but damn Carlos looks sick, maybe im biased though cause sometimes my hair looks like that.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
We get it, y'all thristy
I don't get this argument though for people who want the REmake-esque Jill face. It's not like the new Jill face isn't very attractive, because it still is. It just looks different.

I think it's more that people just really liked that version of Jill (and Chris for that matter). People really fuckin' love the REmake versions.

I expected her to change though since as stated Capcom uses a specific agency for their models these days.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this argument though for people who want the REmake-esque Jill face. It's not like the new Jill face isn't very attractive, because it still is. It just looks different.

I think it's more that people just really liked that version of Jill (and Chris for that matter). People really fuckin' love the REmake versions.

I expected her to change though since as stated Capcom uses a specific agency for their models these days.
Because every time someone brings it up it's accompanied by a gif or pic like we don't know who she is or haven't seen it a million times in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new Nemesis design. The piano teeth are kinda weird but his weird fucked up body and caution tape looks like he is unfinished, like Umbrella never completed him. I need the full body and rocket launcher though

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Crazy how people are talking mad shit about the designs. I think they're all great. Yeah, it's a genuine shame they didn't get Julia Voth back, but nobody actually believed that would happen, right? Capcom's consistency with RE characters is terribly non-existent. All I can hope for, if not consistency, is that the designs are good... which they are.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Carlos should get a campaign were you get to interact with those Delta Forces dudes that fought the army of Mr X's.
I’m really intrigued about how they plan to handle a potential Carlos campaign.

Jill should be front and center. After all, the game is pretty much Nemesis hunting down stars, and she happens to be the only one left in the city at the time.

I wonder if Capcom can actually make the giant sewer worm boss fight fun in this remake?🤔
Maybe they’ll replace it in its entirety. I’m not going to lose any sleep over that fight.😋

Vito

formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
It cant be bargained with. It cant be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity. Or remorse. Or fear. And it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

This is the core of what I want Nemesis to feel like and I want them to go all the way with it in this game. This remake needs to be the full fledged Terminator game we've been dreaming of.
This is exactly what I thought this morning. Nemesis is the damn Terminator of RE.