Pokemon Home is out on the eShop in all regions

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
They're all dotted around. Think we have them all
Ah, I hope so.

I do see you've added more. Nice! Most of them make sense. Wait did I really not have a Litwick from Unova in my bank? *sigh* Easy fix at least.

Nothing compared to getting the legendaries from good ol' Hoenn. I'm working on the Living Dex in gen 3 but since I now own Ruby, Sapphire, and 3 copies of Emerald, I should have plenty of duplicates. The transferring process though...

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We've also found some evidence of RL Location Event Challenges such as going to specific Pokémon Centers, Worlds, even seeing specific films in cinemas.

I'm intrigued what they unlock. We've not been able to extract those images yet

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see new challenges uncovered, but I'm still missing the Vivillon and the Unown ones, plus some others.

edit: and I just traded a Shellder for a Slowpoke and didn't complete the respective challenge either.

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I never know what weird stuff people will shell out for. I used to have luck just breeding a bunch of Relicanth but people seem pickier now. Is Kitten actually desirable or does it just look high on the list?
I don't think people want Litten because it is everywhere. You basically have a 20% chance of getting one from the Wonder Box.

Rare Hidden Abilities have been decently successful for me, but I haven't been hunting for much beyond spare legendaries for my living dex..

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with Minior? No one has them up for trade. No one wants to trade anything for the two I've put up. It has seven bloody forms, someone must want it or to be rid of extras. Is it bugged and if so is it the only one?

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
This is weird, I now have another Original color Magearna since the maintenance seems to have resetted that particular Mistery Gift.
Same nature, stats and everything, so odd.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
What's the deal with Minior? No one has them up for trade. No one wants to trade anything for the two I've put up. It has seven bloody forms, someone must want it or to be rid of extras. Is it bugged and if so is it the only one?
I'm pretty sure it's bugged.

I've deposited Minior several times with no success, and it never shows up for anyone (that I know of). It also doesnt appear to me when I search for it

Oct 25, 2017
On a bit of an IV kick/refresher at the moment, does the Judge functionality work the same as Sun/Moon's?

I've been trying to do it in previous gens and I am willing to give that up.

snikdasnek

Jan 1, 2019
I just transferred in some pokemon from bank, and they are showing up normally on my pokedex on the switch version of home, but they aren't showing up at all on the pokedex of the mobile version, though the pokemon are still in the boxes. Any idea how to fix this?

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I just transferred in some pokemon from bank, and they are showing up normally on my pokedex on the switch version of home, but they aren't showing up at all on the pokedex of the mobile version, though the pokemon are still in the boxes. Any idea how to fix this?
You can try clearing the app cache, but I think the Pokédex and challenges are still a bit buggy in general so it might not work.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Does anyone else feel like the GTS is slow today? I usually never have to wait more than an hour for something to trade but it’s been taking 4-5 hours today for one to go through.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Oh, still not fixed huh? Good to see they used the massively extended maintenance for something useful.

/s

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's bugged.

I've deposited Minior several times with no success, and it never shows up for anyone (that I know of). It also doesnt appear to me when I search for it
Thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I was expecting to be able to fill a wonder box with dupes before I got the last colour but that happened surprisingly quickly at least.

Oct 27, 2017
edit: and I just traded a Shellder for a Slowpoke and didn't complete the respective challenge either.
This just happened to me too.
Damn getting a Zamazenta is basically impossible, huh? Most desirable thing I have is a Mewtwo and nobody is biting.
Zamazanta is one of the more desireable Pokemon, you'll likely have to keep an eye on the ones other people put up and grab a decent trade as soon as you see it.

Robin64

Oct 25, 2017
England
How is the app still bugged like this after so many updates and an extended maintenance?

(For reference the Victini and Tepig are part of a batch I moved just last night, not something that's been sitting around in there since day 1)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
How is the app still bugged like this after so many updates and an extended maintenance?

(For reference the Victini and Tepig are part of a batch I moved just last night, not something that's been sitting around in there since day 1)
Because the maintenance wasn't intended to fix the sync problem. That's still ongoing

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
We desperately need mass selection of Pokémon we put for surprise trade. We should also be able to get them all at the same time. Going through that animation over and over just makes me not want to open the app at all.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else receive their Gift Original Colour Magearna again after maintenance?
I really don't know what I should do, if anything at all, with this one, it has the same nature and stats of the first one I received so I guess it's a literal clone of the original gift and not a randomly generated one.

chaobreaker

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: Of Deerling's and Sawsbuck's 4 season-based forms, only one form (spring) were available natively on the Gen 6 games. The Gen 7 games didn't have Seedling/Sawsbuck and neither do Sword and Shield at this moment.

Because Game Freak deprecated the season shifting mechanics of the gen 5 games, There's no way you can change the appearance of these two species on any game made since then. That was 3 Pokemon generations ago.

This means if you haven't done this already, you have to go back all the way to the gen 5 games to catch the other three forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck, transfer them to Bank, and then transfer them to Home to register their data for the National Dex.

This is what I did tonight.

In a new game of Pokemon Black, it took me about 4 hours of speed running through the game and 4 gyms to enter the area were wild Deerling are first found in the wild. I caught 4 of those suckers and in each instance changed my 3DS's date up a month to cycle through all four seasons.

Final steps were transfering them to my Pokemon Ultra Moon game to evolve them to Sawsbuck, bred additional Deerling, and then finally transfering them to Pokemon Home.

Probably the most daunting task of collecting multiple forms of a specific Pokemon if you haven't done it already.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Fun fact: Of Deerling's and Sawsbuck's 4 season-based forms, only one form (spring) were available natively on the Gen 6 games. The Gen 7 games didn't have Seedling/Sawsbuck and neither do Sword and Shield at this moment.

Because Game Freak deprecated the season shifting mechanics of the gen 5 games, There's no way you can change the appearance of these two species on any game made since then. That was 3 Pokemon generations ago.

This means if you haven't done this already, you have to go back all the way to the gen 5 games to catch the other three forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck, transfer them to Bank, and then transfer them to Home to register their data for the National Dex.

This is what I did tonight.

In a new game of Pokemon Black, it takes about 4 hours of progress and beating 4 gyms to enter the area were wild Deerling are first found in the wild. I caught 4 of them. Each time changing my 3DS's date up a month to cycle through all four seasons.

Final steps was transfering them to my Pokemon Ultra Moon game to exp farm them to Sawsbuck, bred additional Deerling, and then finally transfering them to Pokemon Home.

Probably the most daunting task of collecting multiple forms of a specific Pokemon if you haven't done it already.
They could have easily split the 4 forms between the various weather in the Wild Area: spring (rainy), summer (sun), autumn (fog/overcast), winter (snow).

It could have worked in Alola too, just put one form on each island.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Call me crazy but that's a great example of what I really love when it comes to some Pokemon.
Same with the Vivillon forms.
You have to back to older games to get the first form, evolve it and then trade it. Did it for like 8 of them and took like 3 hours or so, it's work, it's complicated, but somehow it's great that there are still a few Pokemon left that are really rare because you can only get them or a special form of them, in one of the old games and not from everywhere in masses. I like this from the collection standpoint.
And that's why I'm still a bit scared when they open the Pokemon Go floodgates, cause it will watering down the collecting aspect of a lot of Pokemon massively.

chaobreaker

Oct 27, 2017
They could have easily split the 4 forms between the various weather in the Wild Area: spring (rainy), summer (sun), autumn (fog/overcast), winter (snow).

It could have worked in Alola too, just put one form on each island.

Did you know you can change Burmy's form in Alola? They aren't native in the gen 7 games but GF bothered to put whatever flags that determines whether Burmy changes between the plant cloak, sandy cloak, or trash cloak in every area in Alola that you can have battles in.

Think about how much consideration that would've taken. Every region that Burmy was available in since Sinnoh had the same flagging done. If they get added to Sword and Shield via the expansions then GF would do the same thing for Galar.

Not a single game after gen 5 can you change Deerling's form. That's messed up.