PC Gaming ERA | December 2019 - A Monument To All Your Sins

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
How good is a plague tale? It's on sale on steam again and wanted to give it a try.
It's a really good game, one of my favourite games of this year.

Am I crazy or was A Plague Tale rumored or announced for Game Pass at some point? There's so much stuff on it or announced for it now it's hard to keep track.
Don't think it has been, but as it's published by Focus there's a good chance it will be on there eventually as a number of their games have been on game pass already. It is included as part of Origin Access Premier though as well at the moment.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Don't think it has been, but as it's published by Focus there's a good chance it will be on there eventually as a number of their games have been on game pass already. It is included as part of Origin Access Premier though as well at the moment.
Ah maybe that's what I was thinking of, thanks. Maybe I'll sign up for a month sometime before the march/april insanity of next year and play it and Star Wars.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
re: FF 14 Being forced to queue for group content (or struggle trying to do it solo) was a big turn off for me. I know it's an MMO so it's kind of my fault, but I prefer to play solo. Also I had a login queue almost every day but still had long queues to group. Bummer. Most of the quests were also pretty standard fare (I know the DLCs are where it gets interesting) but shout out to the job questlines that were kind of fun to do as well.

Chairmanchuck

Oct 25, 2017
China
re: FF 14 Being forced to queue for group content (or struggle trying to do it solo) was a big turn off for me. I know it's an MMO so it's kind of my fault, but I prefer to play solo. Also I had a login queue almost every day but still had long queues to group. Bummer. Most of the quests were also pretty standard fare (I know the DLCs are where it gets interesting) but shout out to the job questlines that were kind of fun to do as well.
Outside of dungeons the game is really more like a "solo" game in my opinion.

Btw. regarding RDR2 sales and judging it based on player count. I am not sure but being Nr. 1 in the worldwide topsellers, having 16k reviews after like 10 days doesnt feel like its selling bad...

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

It is, and that's what I enjoyed. It's just that you get bottlenecked with the dungeons and it not only forces you to group up, but the wait times really bring the game to a halt while you wait. Some of the dungeons are out in the middle of nowhere with not much else to do while you wait.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Btw. regarding RDR2 sales and judging it based on player count. I am not sure but being Nr. 1 in the worldwide topsellers, having 16k reviews after like 10 days doesnt feel like its selling bad...
Ehh, it incentivises party content pretty heavily. The most efficient way to level in the game is the daily roulette, a once-a-day random dungeon/trial queue. High-level party content is the next. Solo play is pretty XP-inefficient outside of the main story quests IIRC.

Patry content is also the source of the best loot.

FFXIV never forgets that it is an MMO.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I want to thank the xbox app for deciding to redownload The Outer Worlds for no apparent reason. Microsoft really need to figure out how this digital store thing works if they want to compete after everyone is over the cheap game pass high.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Got my jobs (summoner and scholar), got my chocobo, it's fun enough after the initial "oh this is just wow?" shellshock. Leveling still feels like it takes ages even with the pre-70 buff, and im barely paying attention to the story (im skipping most of the dialogue, especially the sidequest stuff, they love their meaningless fluff dont they?), the big cutscenes are neat for a mmo at least. Guild quests are good too, to the point I could see myself doing the other classes guild quests, if I dont lose interest in like a week or something, which I probably will lol. Still, my allday-er was fun.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
should a first playthrough of BattleTech be with or without Flashpoint installed?
No reason to turn off any of the DLCs. They only make Battletech better.

Edit: Oh and if the concern is the flashpoints, they only pop up in the campaign after you've finished the story IIRC.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
dex3108 You played Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris recently right? Worked just fine? What OS are you running? It keeps crashing on my end as soon as I click new game from the main menu.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to change which PC the Steam mobile app considers the currently logged in PC to remotely install games?

It always thinks my work PC is the currently logged on even if I am only at home too...

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
At least they already changed the way you play with Trust so you don't need to group up with people to do dungeons on Shadowbringers.