• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 4 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes, 16 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

PC Gaming ERA | December 2019 - A Monument To All Your Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so this is the FF6 universe right? Just got on a airship off the first big zone I guess, and there was a long cutscene with darth vader and vergil and they mentioned magitek, also all the mech-y shit they had looked a lot like FF6 stuff.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
so this is the FF6 universe right? Just got on a airship off the first big zone I guess, and there was a long cutscene with darth vader and vergil and they mentioned magitek, also all the mech-y shit they had looked a lot like FF6 stuff.
No. There's also states from ff12 in it. It's just all alt worlds mashups. They decided to style the magitek suits like the ones in 6 but that's about it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
What if I told you that you can fight
Kefka

Obv only open if you don't care about spoilers.
neat. So you want to be a dear and explain how all this class business works? I see a lot of lvl 1 quests for other classes, I havent delved into any of that yet, but do you get bumped down back to level 1 or what happens?

I still want to get to 30 and try out the Arcanist jobs before I even think about switching class mind you.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
neat. So you want to be a dear and explain how all this class business works? I see a lot of lvl 1 quests for other classes, I havent delved into any of that yet, but do you get bumped down back to level 1 or what happens?

I still want to get to 30 and try out the Arcanist jobs before I even think about switching class mind you.
You pick a base class at the start which I never changed but I assume you can(?) and at 30 you get a job that you move into from the logical progression of your class.

The thing is you're not locked into that job, you can go change it at any time. So you can play all jobs on 1 character. The only catch is, when you switch a job it starts at its base level. So if you were some other class and you were a level 60 dragoon, switching to Arcanist would make you level 30.

You level jobs independently and can switch between them at any time after you unlock them.

I played lacner into dragoon for ARR/HW then switched to Samurai for SB and then to DRK for SHB. I had to level the DRK from 30 to 70 and wanted to die.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You pick a base class at the start which I never changed but I assume you can(?) and at 30 you get a job that you move into from the logical progression of your class.

The thing is you're not locked into that job, you can go change it at any time. So you can play all jobs on 1 character. The only catch is, when you switch a job it starts at its base level. So if you were some other class and you were a level 60 dragoon, switching to Arcanist would make you level 30.

You level jobs independently and can switch between them at any time after you unlock them.

I played lacner into dragoon for ARR/HW then switched to Samurai for SB and then to DRK for SHB. I had to level the DRK from 30 to 70 and wanted to die.
but arcanist can go into summoner and scholar. how will that work? ideally I wanted summoner for lvling, scholar to heal dungeons, but I need to level scholar seperately?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
but arcanist can go into summoner and scholar. how will that work? ideally I wanted summoner for lvling, scholar to heal dungeons, but I need to level scholar seperately?
Yes you need to level each of them separately since they're separate jobs.

Yeah you're fine.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this level 15 (im 23) story quest needs a dungeon, and nobody is queueing for it, i've been in the queue for ages lol. am I boned? Is there like a NPC system or something?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you're kinda obligated to do those, it really sucks cause you're DPS-only until 30 and queues will take forever

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
seems the mount quest is story based and I havent gotten the quest yet because im grossly overlvled, im still in the lvl 15 story questline but im actually 25. Deffo getting in the groove now at least with some more skills. 4man parties is kinda weird.

edit: damn it, another dungeon story quest right after, really? >_>

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Every FF is represented(well, mostly all the older classics). You will see callbacks and references throughout if you can spot them. They are often folded in and woven into the narrative anew In unique ways.

Chairmanchuck

Oct 25, 2017
China
Dungeon main quests are the worst in FF14.

"Hey. You wanna continue the story, but play on NA servers as a european? Have fun queueing for 2 hours and not getting in."
Party search though often helps.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
FF14 has a planned update that intends to cut down on the main A Realm Reborn stuff in 2020. The expansions are far better, so it'd be for the best

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
They created a system that made sure the old dungeons are still populated, no worries. Just make sure you tick all language in the option.
It is more about forcing me to play with randoms, which I absolutely hate, just because I want to play a story. Yeah I know MMOs are about playing with other people but I absolutely hate forced grouping.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any update when Phoenix Point will be in Gamepass?
Don't think so. Kinda shocking how it went from "Game Pass Day 1" to TBD in the space of like 48 hours.
FF14 has a planned update that intends to cut down on the main A Realm Reborn stuff in 2020. The expansions are far better, so it'd be for the best
Did they ever clarify if that was *just* for the post-ARR, pre-Heavensward bit? Folks seemed more confident in it being that a few months ago, but I haven't kept up with it.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
If I ever go back to FF14 the one thing I hope they streamline are the crafting/gathering jobs. That stuff needs an overhaul.
They already did that in 5.1 and are doing it in 5.2 too. I lost 80% of my action bar as crafter/gather in 5.1.
Also yeah, i assume queues are rough this day as dps, thats why I usually boost new people's queue as tank, unfortunately datacenters still cant communicate with each other so i can only help Chaos players.

Shodan14

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me what Greedfall is actually like? Is it more souls-like, Assassin's Creed, Witcher (3) or something different?

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Don't think so. Kinda shocking how it went from "Game Pass Day 1" to TBD in the space of like 48 hours.
It did not sound like a good idea to play the game in it's current state anyway, so I'm a bit glad that it's not available yet.
I heard it's pretty unbalanced. And the research/tech side of the game did not sound really good.
But balancing was something that the original XCOM from 1994 lacked as well, so it might have been intended.
I have to use my last two free Gamepass month before the end of this year, so I hope it's available end of January at least.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Am I crazy or was A Plague Tale rumored or announced for Game Pass at some point? There's so much stuff on it or announced for it now it's hard to keep track.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh wow this sucks, the jobs arent just tied to level (30), it seems its tied to the story also because I've done the lvl 30 arcanist guild quest and theres nothing else meh this blows. My story quest is still 19 >_>

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Can someone tell me what Greedfall is actually like? Is it more souls-like, Assassin's Creed, Witcher (3) or something different?
It's like Witcher 2, except you also get companions whose equipment you can swap, but you can't give them combat orders beyond convo options of "be more defensive/offensive" .

Depending on what companions you have present, some quests involving some factions may have different outcome (talk things out instead of fighting).

Status
Not open for further replies.