Not open for further replies.

Violet

Feb 7, 2019
dc

Impressive for VR only title.
I've learned that Steam Top Sellers come in four forms:

1. Obvious AAA hit
2. Buzzed about indie title making a big impact through word of mouth
3. Niche VR/early access/multiplayer games you've never heard of that people want to stream
before anyone else
4. Train Simulators, Football Simulators, and other European nonsense

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I've learned that Steam Top Sellers come in four forms:

1. Obvious AAA hit
2. Buzzed about indie title making a big impact through word of mouth
3. Niche VR/early access/multiplayer games you've never heard of that people want to stream
before anyone else
4. Train Simulators, Football Simulators, and other European nonsense
You mean real PC games. You guys in the bad alone continent never get to understand our supreme form of entertainment.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The Survivalists trailer really irked me with it, and I would honestly put the Fallen Order Guy on the same bag.
If it is like the escapists (same universe and devs), you can customize your characters (there is also some different characters in the art of the game, so I guess it is likely). Fallen Order is true, didnt really play it so didnt realize.

AHA-Lambda

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been playing the new Shovel Knight DLC?
Is anyone able to confirm if the card game is totally optional or not?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Played three runs of Hades and it might be my favorite roguelikelitelikelitelitelike. Moving around is fun, Attacks feels good. Soundtrack is nice. Presentation looks pretty.

It's also the kind of game that makes me wish for a Steamboy (I know about GPD Win) or Steam Link on Switch or Hades on Switch with crossplatform saves

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Played three runs of Hades and it might be my favorite roguelikelitelikelitelitelike. Moving around is fun, Attacks feels good. Soundtrack is nice. Presentation looks pretty.

It's also the kind of game that makes me wish for a Steamboy (I know about GPD Win) or Steam Link on Switch or Hades on Switch with crossplatform saves
is there meta progression and if so what is it?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
is there meta progression and if so what is it?
You unlock new weapons and can level up some modifiers. New weapons and stuff to level up is unlocked with keys. To rank up a modifier (more health, bonusdamage for backstabs, etc.) you spend jewels. Haven’t unlocked much focusing on weapons currently

WarRock

Oct 25, 2017
There's story progression and difficulty modifiers too. Then there's artifacts you can get from each NPC that has a relationship meter.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017

I desire a steamboy or to be able 5o stream via steam link on my switch more than I desire anything else in gaming

Shiba

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like if you plan on getting the index now it's stated to ship in January due to high demand(at least in the US). Wonder if this applies for all orders even the ones in late november.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else ever had this experience.

Ever since getting my 144Hz VRR monitor and leaving RivaTuner on all the time, TONS of classic games that were giving me weird mouse tracking inconsistencies and hitching are suddenly perfect playing, like back in the CRT days again. This includes Unreal, Max Payne, Shadow Warrior, etc...

I had these problems across multiple computers, but it took either the new monitor or RivaTuner or both to fix them. Turning off vsync didn't fix the problems before, but this upgrade did.

What's up with that? I don't see the connection.

Delphine

Baby, Pink is my favourite part
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just finished A Short Hike, and I really loved it!

It's super chill and relaxing, lovely and wholesome, can easily be completed in 2 hours (but if you're completionist like me, more 3/4 hours) and it's exactly what I needed today. I loved the aesthetics and art direction as well, very pretty!

Last edited:

Dan Longman

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just finished A Short Hike, and I really loved it!

It's super chill and relaxing, lovely and wholesome, can easily be completed in 2 hours (but if you're completionist like me, more 3/4 hours) and it's exactly what I needed today. I loved the aesthetics and art direction as well, very pretty!
Yeah It is really charming, it's a pretty wonderful game!

Speaking of neither charming nor wonderful, I just finished the sinking city, I love lovercraftian stuff and it was really a bummer. The world feels boring and not interesting, sidequests are not that entertaining, technically it has issues, and the story is really not that well done.

Moons of Madness, Call of Cthulhu, Conarium are all better takes and much more worth your time.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that Steam now has the ability to set custom backgrounds for Non-Steam games!

Just right click on the background, and Steam will show a context menu to set a custom background image.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that Steam now has the ability to set custom backgrounds for Non-Steam games!

Just right click on the background, and Steam will show a context menu to set a custom background image.
I'm fairly certain that feature came along when they allowed custom backgrounds a while back, still great nonetheless.

So now I'm playing the original Darksiders release because I already had 2 achievements for it and I can't leave it like that. Wow, I've forgotten how barebones the port is. No settings except for resolution which maxes out at 1080p and defaulted to a low resolution. Had to download a hex editor to punch in a bunch of numbers into a config file for 1440p. My 8bitdo controller really doesn't like being used through bluetooth in old games. In this case, it caps the fps at 50fps for some reason (also recently in Deus Ex HR, my frametimes were crazy high, weird!). I'm enjoying it but these ports sometimes...

WarRock

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Allow Family Sharing for tools.
  • Fix new categories created in small mode or Big Picture mode not being properly saved when switching to normal mode.
  • Fix recently played but disallowed by Family View games not appearing in the Recent Games shelf (or the MRU jump list) when Family View is enabled at startup.

Remote Play Together
  • Family Sharing can now be used in conjunction with Remote Play Together.
o:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
  • Family Sharing can now be used in conjunction with Remote Play Together.
I assume this means that my SO can now join my games with Remote Play without being kicked out after 5 mins because Steam thinks he is trying to play my copy of the game by himself. We had to keep deactivating FS to be able to play together and it was driving me nuts. Didn’t want to keep FS off for too long because he is in the middle of playing some of my games.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Really nice behind the curtain of the financials behind Dusk and how hard it was for them to pursuit their dream.

And this one is from the dev side.

Last edited:

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I played through Blasphemous and had a nice time. But I dunno if my tastes are just changing, but man I wish this game was just linear. Backtracking is so boring and I just gave up a few hours in on the idea of doing the side quests because everything involves boring exploration of places you've mostly already been. However, the bosses and combat in general are wonderful.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I've just received an email from Steam Support telling me a user that isn't in my friend list requests to share my Library.
Is my account compromised? Is it even possible for users to ask for Steam Family Sharing to other users that aren't on their friend list?

This creeps me out and makes me feeling unease at work :|

Edit:
I'm trying to change my password, but Steam always gives an error page.

Last edited:

HenryEen

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Baldur's Gate EE, amazing how similar Dragon Age Origins is to BG in many way.

Here's hoping Baldur's Gate 3 will be a true successor to DAO.

That final battle is hype as fk thanks to the battle music. Lol at the minion (fk you Semaj) being more problematic than the final boss.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I've just received an email from Steam Support telling me a user that isn't in my friend list requests to share my Library.
Is my account compromised? Is it even possible for users to ask for Steam Family Sharing to other users that aren't on their friend list?

The only way I know to send those request is if I am logged in on a computer you have also been logged into Steam on, where you have installed games I do not own. This is also the way they describe it in the FS FAQ.
I had to revoke sharing for my SO the other day due to issues with Remote Play Together and when he clicked one of my games that he had installed previously it gave him an option to send a request like that.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
The only way I know to send those request is if I am logged in on a computer you have also been logged into Steam on, where you have installed games I do not own. This is also the way they describe it in the FS FAQ.
I had to revoke sharing for my SO the other day due to issues with Remote Play Together and when he clicked one of my games that he had installed previously it gave him an option to send a request like that.
Yeah, I assume a friend of my friend tries to play my games.

But, I still can't change my password both on Steam's website and mobile app.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Here in Germany we have a very cool tradition regarding videogames, did you know?
When a kid reaches its 6th birhtday, its parents and extended family will take it to the videogame isle of their local electronic store, then they will all put on blindfolds, lift the kid and throw it into the isle itself.

The simulator game that the kids nose lands on will be what the kid is destined to do for a living.

Delphine

Baby, Pink is my favourite part
Mar 30, 2018
France
Here in Germany we have a very cool tradition regarding videogames, did you know?
When a kid reaches its 6th birhtday, its parents and extended family will take it to the videogame isle of their local electronic store, then they will all put on blindfolds, lift the kid and throw it into the isle itself.

The simulator game that the kids nose lands on will be what the kid is destined to do for a living.

Well, at least it's nice to find your purpose so early in life! It saves a lot of time!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

What if it was a simulator game for the exact same thing you just posted though? 🤔

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly certain that feature came along when they allowed custom backgrounds a while back, still great nonetheless.

So now I'm playing the original Darksiders release because I already had 2 achievements for it and I can't leave it like that. Wow, I've forgotten how barebones the port is. No settings except for resolution which maxes out at 1080p and defaulted to a low resolution. Had to download a hex editor to punch in a bunch of numbers into a config file for 1440p. My 8bitdo controller really doesn't like being used through bluetooth in old games. In this case, it caps the fps at 50fps for some reason (also recently in Deus Ex HR, my frametimes were crazy high, weird!). I'm enjoying it but these ports sometimes...
Heads up: if are going to play the old version of Darksiders for achievements, make sure to make unique saves because some of the achievements are buggy, and might take multiple attempts to unlock.

Honestly just play the newer version.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Edit:
I'm trying to change my password, but Steam always gives an error page.
Can you share this email? Does it explicitly say the user isn't a friend? Or maybe its someone who changed their handle?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
This black border in the new vertical artwork for The Witcher 3 is completely ruining the look of my library. 🙄

CD Projekt pls!

Edit: I added some smoke, so now it doesn't look as out of place. :p

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Question of the Day: How do you feel about shadows?

Do you turn them off? Keep them low? Max them up? Are they the primary contributor to performance in games? Is there a lot of difference between medium and low?

Lately I've been feeling like I should turn them to their lowest setting, to see how much they improve my games, and if they're less taxing on my laptop's GPU. I usually keep them on medium. But if turning them low doesn't make much of a visual difference and improves performance I'll have to go that route. I just haven't experimented much since I got back into PC gaming last year. Don't think I can turn them off though, that will probably make every game look ugly?

Ganado

Oct 25, 2017
Question of the Day: How do you feel about shadows?

Do you turn them off? Keep them low? Max them up? Are they the primary contributor to performance in games? Is there a lot of difference between medium and low?

Lately I've been feeling like I should turn them to their lowest setting, to see how much they improve my games, and if they're less taxing on my laptop's GPU. I usually keep them on medium. But if turning them low doesn't make much of a visual difference and improves performance I'll have to go that route. I just haven't experimented much since I got back into PC gaming last year. Don't think I can turn them off though, that will probably make every game look ugly?
Depends on game, if I know that I can max shadows with >150fps then I go with that. Otherwise low or off, it's one of those settings I change before I start (Along with motion blur, dof and chromatic abberation).

Status
Not open for further replies.