• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 5 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes, 28 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

October 2019 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, November 12th

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I said it earlier but if there was going to be a price drop on the OG, the Lite would have the same price drop to keep the price differenciation.
It makes sense. On one hand I expected them to be a bit more aggressive in their 3rd holiday, but on the other hand they clearly view the Lite as that budget option.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I really hope we'll see a 250$ bundle for OG Switch.

After 2 Blackfl Friday at 300$, i think it will make a huge difference. Lite at 200$ also surely help but many people just want the original concept.
Switch this year is selling better than last one and now they have low price offer for $200 with Switch Lite,
there is no way that Nintendo will offer OG for Switch for $249 this year, they will save that for next year for PS5/XB2 launch and that will be official price drop,
while for next years BF deal we could see bundle with one game for $249.

Oh wow it's even the old model?
Now I feel very confident when I said a few months ago that PS4 might take November with a very attractive bundle and enough stock.
I am pretty sure that around 90% of potential Switch buyers don't even know that OG Switch is updated.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Switch this year is selling better than last one and now have low price offer for $200 with Switch Lite,
there is no way that Nintendo will offer OG for Switch for $249 this year, they will save that for next year for PS5/XB2 launch.
Yeah,
Nintendo aint dropping the price this FY.

Everyone that wants a cheaper one can buy the Lite - everyone else has to wait till next year.

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
Benji predicting NSW up YoY 20-30%. That's a wide range given that is likely spending, not units. I have last year at 255K, so ~$76.5M. That's a large potential spread considering the change in ASP YoY (around $300 last year vs mid $200s this year with NSW-L and heavier retailer discounting on the OG pre-revision).

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Benji predicting NSW up YoY 20-30%. That's a wide range given that is likely spending, not units. I have last year at 255K, so ~$76.5M. That's a large potential spread considering the change in ASP YoY (around $300 last year vs mid $200s this year with NSW-L and heavier retailer discounting on the OG pre-revision).
I think it is units, he always talks in units. So 306k-332k

Dark Cloud

Oct 27, 2017
Why is nobody making a topic??

Gooigi at #3 without digital! Ring Fit Adventure made it too 10! 6 Nintendo games in the top 20 with BotW at 20

pld

Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 almost out of the Top 20 while GTA V still smiling from rank 14 lol.

Scrawnton

Oct 26, 2017
Luigi’s Mansion 3 made it to number 3 with no digital sales and only one day on the market?! DAMN!