• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 15 hours, 11 minutes, 46 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT3| Nintendo Direct Speculation Trilogy HD

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuhr33

May 19, 2018
What do these prizes usually contain? Assuming this isn’t the first time they’ve done this.
I believe this is the first time they’ve done something like this. You can enter once a day to win various prizes. Today’s prize is Pokémon themed and includes the double-pack. You can enter once a day and there are four grand prizes.

Raguy

Dec 20, 2017
We need to discuss Geoff saying around 10 new games will be announced. This is 10 brand new games not updates like BotW 2 would be. “Around 10” means 8-12 for me. How many will be Nintendo?
Last year, there was marvel ultimate 3...
So, i'm thinking about games made by western or that have western audience in mind.
A new Excite game.
A new eternal darkness.

Koei tecmo has good relation with Nintendo.
Perhaps, nintendo is interested by a new ninja gaiden or new rygar.

Perhaps, it's time to announce Monster hunter switch.
In order to make japanese people happy, they will be the first to play the game at jump festa.
World premiere for western audience and first gameplay for japanese.
Everyone will be happy.

About Nintendo EPD, Botw 2 new trailer and Smash new character.

stealthyfrog

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I believe this is the first time they’ve done something like this. You can enter once a day to win various prizes. Today’s prize is Pokémon themed and includes the double-pack. You can enter once a day and there are four grand prizes.
I remember something like this for E3

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
So, i'm thinking about games made by western or that have western audience in mind.
A new Excite game.
A new eternal darkness.

In order to make japanese people happy, they will be the first to play the game at jump festa.
Everyone will be happy.

I could see a new Excite game happening. I'd love a new Eternal Darkness, and it would be a dream come true to get one; but I definitely don't expect it any time soon, if ever.

stealthyfrog

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I was thinking that MH Switch or a new Ace Attorney are off the table because of RE3make, but now that our buddy Geoff specifically deconfirmed RE3, there are a lot more options for possible Capcom TGA reveals.

Dark Cloud

Oct 27, 2017
A new Excite game.
A new eternal darkness.

Everyone will be happy.

I would love to see some new western oriented titles like Eternal Darkness Or Geist.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
More like Eternal Darkness and less like Geist, please. What a disappointment the latter game was.

skittzo0413

Oct 25, 2017
More like Eternal Darkness and less like Geist, please. What a disappointment the latter game was.
I truly loved the concept and even the execution early on but it just got plain awful after the first ~1/4 of the game.

I really think a sequel could work though. The core concept is solid.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I truly loved the concept and even the execution early on but it just got plain awful after the first ~1/4 of the game.

I really think a sequel could work though. The core concept is solid.
The idea of being a ghost that could possess people and objects was great, and that's what got me interested in the game in the first place. But ultimately the execution ended up very lackluster. If they want to try that idea again, they'll need a better developer. In the right hands, it could turn out great.

skittzo0413

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of being a ghost that could possess people and objects was great, and that's what got me interested in the game in the first place. But ultimately the execution ended up very lackluster. If they want to try that idea again, they'll need a better developer. In the right hands, it could turn out great.
I liked the execution early on as I said, but I think the main issue was that they didn't go all in on the ghost concept. Like, you need to be an actual ghost who isn't gonna come back to his body at the end. The game suffered from trying to be an FPS what with having all sorts of soldiers to possess in the latter half and instead it should've just focused on that great core concept of possessing objects and creatures to scare people all the way through.

I agree a better developer could probably do that concept justice.

camelkong

Feb 26, 2018
I liked the execution early on as I said, but I think the main issue was that they didn't go all in on the ghost concept. Like, you need to be an actual ghost who isn't gonna come back to his body at the end. The game suffered from trying to be an FPS what with having all sorts of soldiers to possess in the latter half and instead it should've just focused on that great core concept of possessing objects and creatures to scare people all the way through.

I agree a better developer could probably do that concept justice.
AAA-budget Ghost Trick 2 please and thank you

Dark Cloud

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff said this years Game Awards rag line is “comes alive”. It could mean games/series coming back from the dead.

kurt

Oct 27, 2017
A Mario game with Peach as the main character wouldn't be billed as a Mario game. It would be a Peach game. That doesn't even consider all the games in the series where Peach is playable.
Sonic is Sonic and has multiple playable characters. A female Hedgehog character wouldn't break that.
The Metal Gear protagonist can be basically anyone considering we've seen a Raiden-led game and two Big Boss-led games. A female protagonist could have been pretty cool.
A Legend of Zelda game could most definitely star Zelda considering the whole series is called The Legend of Zelda (who is an incarnation of the Goddess Hylia).

All of that to say that tradition eventually breeds stagnation. Innovation may create some abominations at times but will also give us the next masterpiece.
Ok but the big diff is that for instance when sonic isnt in it. But yeah as optional a second character with some story tweaks could work. But leaving link as playable character out isnt an option for me.

Dark Cloud

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this sounds like the subject of a much better bet thread.

I really and genuinely hope that you're right, and that my tempered expectations will be utterly surpassed. I definitely let myself hope, sometimes, just because it would be so cool. It was already so cool even in the very limited Spirit Tracks way, getting something more hands-on would be phenomenal.

The way I see it, Zelda's involvement could take place at four levels:

• Level 1. Zelda is not present for most of the game, ala BOTW (Ganondorf, once awakened, kidnaps her, or she locks him down with her magic, or whatever). She is a background element and is not playable.
  • Level 2. Zelda is the Navi/Midna/Tatl/Fi-style companion, sort of like in Spirit Tracks but less so. She's always present but is not playable.
  • Level 3. Zelda is playable in specific circumstances, like in Spirit Tracks. It's not a 50/50 split with Link or anything, and might only take place in certain locations, but she is directly controllable. I think this is the minimum level at which people would lose their minds.
  • Level 4. Zelda is fully playable, either in tandem with Link or as a full replacement. You can control her whenever you like, save in very specific circumstances such as Link-exclusive combat encounters. All dreams have come true.

I think that I'm expecting a Level 2 if I allow myself to be optimistic. I'm afraid we might get a Level 1, though, and then Aonuma and/or Fujibayashi will act surprised when an interviewer suggests that fans are disappointed. Level 3 or Level 4, though... man. I don't dare to dream.
I think we’ll get something closer to level 3 where she’s playable in specific segments.

Jan 11, 2018
Imagine wanting to miss the announcement of Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and an update of Metroid Prime 4 with a first teaser trailer. Imagine living that life.
Imagine having hope that either one of these are going to be shown any time soon. I have my doubts that the Trilogy remaster is even real to begin with.

OP
OP
Raccoon

Raccoon

User requested temporary ban
Banned
May 31, 2019
Just edited the OP for the countdowns (I'm on the American east coast for what it's worth, GMT -5).

Reminder that if anyone has any talking points that they think should go in the OP or get a threadmark, please feel free to suggest them! I'm trying to make this thread as useful as possible.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Maybe they did more work on it and now hunters and federation force he have been added

Making it master chief collection of metroid

As unlikely as joke is

SeperatelyWould prime 2 get online multiplayer added?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Nintendo’s announcement be that Metro Redux port that’s been everything but officially confirmed lmao

OP
OP
Raccoon

Raccoon

User requested temporary ban
Banned
May 31, 2019
as much as I wanna ham it up like you're a rogue journalist and these "game awards" are your last chance to deliver, I'll instead say that your continued support of it legitimizes it greatly
and I'll also do my dumb bit anyway but in a self-aware and referential way so I don't actually have to sacrifice anything but my dignity I'm going to bed now

Kumikomical

Oct 30, 2017
Chances of Bayonetta 3 at TGA?

Also I love the fact that the new smash character has, for once, not been leaked. It's refreshing. Hope I don't jinx it

Jan 11, 2018
Noted. O ye of little faith.
Imagine not believing in reality. Ho ho ho
How'd SFGP work out for yall?

I actually do think it's a very good possibility the Trilogy remaster exists. I just have no idea how'd they'd do MP3 any sort of justice. The entire game is literally designed around precision controls. You can't just slap on dual analogue or GC MP1/MP2 controls on it and call it a day. I think it would make more sense to just remaster, or better yet, do a full on remake/reimagining of the original MP to warm new fans to the series, and use a subtitle for MP4 instead of calling it MP4 so new players don't feel as though they're missing out.

yuoke

Oct 25, 2017
How'd SFGP work out for yall?

I actually do think it's a very good possibility the Trilogy remaster exists. I just have no idea how'd they'd do MP3 any sort of justice. The entire game is literally designed around precision controls. You can't just slap on dual analogue or GC MP1/MP2 controls on it and call it a day. I think it would make more sense to just remaster, or better yet, do a full on remake/reimagining of the original MP to warm new fans to the series, and use a subtitle for MP4 instead of calling it MP4 so new players don't feel as though they're missing out.
They aren't just going to skip prime 2 and 3. They will rework the motion controls to map gyro.

Dark Cloud

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Nintendo’s announcement be that Metro Redux port that’s been everything but officially confirmed lmao
That’s a third party game. We had third party game switch announcements last year too. Nintendo always has first party announcements. It would be hilariously sad if there was no first party announcements lol
Chances of Bayonetta 3 at TGA?

Also I love the fact that the new smash character has, for once, not been leaked. It's refreshing. Hope I don't jinx it
Joker wasn’t leaked for the Game Awards last year. King K.Rool wasn’t leaked. Bayonetta 3 has a good chance of showing up.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna listen to the VGA's simply because it gives me something to listen to while I paint my Sisters of Battle models and I'm one of those people who need to be distracted to work better.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
That means you probably think Metroid Prime 4 is a 2021 game? I can’t imagine Nintendo wants to put out Metroid Prime Trilogy next year if Prime 4 is looking like a 2022 game.
I wouldn't put any date of expectation for release on MP4 yet. Internally they may have a release window penciled in, but those change by the minute. If we get some sort of MP4 trailer (not just a logo) with the MPTri announcement, then perhaps that will give a clue as to how far along the game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.