Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT3| Nintendo Direct Speculation Trilogy HD

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
March - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 1-2 Switch
April - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
May - N/A
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NA/PAL)
September - Pokken Tournament DX, Fire Emblem Warriors (JP)
October - Fire Emblem Warriors (NA/PAL), Super Mario Odyssey
November: Snipperclips Plus
December: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

January - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (JP)
February - Dragon Quest Builders (NA/PAL), Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2
March - Dragon Quest Builders (JP), Kirby Star Allies, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (JP)
April - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 01 - Variety Kit, Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 02 - Robot Kit
May - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NA/PAL)
June - Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Mario Tennis Aces
July - Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Go Vacation
August - N/A
September - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 03 - Vehicle Kit, Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
October - Super Mario Party, The World Ends with You: Final Remix
November - Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokemon Let's Go, Eevee!
December - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Fitness Boxing (JP/PAL), Dragon Quest Builders 2 (JP)

January - Fitness Boxing (NA), New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
February - N/A
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 04 - VR Kit
May - N/A
June - Super Mario Maker 2
July - Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NA/PAL), Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August - Tetris 99 (JP), Astral Chain
September - Tetris 99 (NA/PAL), Daemon X Machina, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
October - Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3
November - Pokémon Sword and Pokemon Shield
December - Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (JP)

January - Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (PAL), Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
February - ???
March - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
April - ???
May - ???
June - ???
July - ???
August - ???
September - ???
October - ???
November - ???
December - ???

2020 games with no specific release date
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kokeisha
Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shojo

Games with no specific release year
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Untitled Detective Pikachu game
Untitled The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel
Thank you for compiling this. 2018 was a slow year, after what Emily said i'm excited for the idea of 2020 closer to 2019.

Think you left out the stretchers game in December though.

laziboi

Oct 25, 2019
January - Fitness Boxing (NA), New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
February - N/A
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Nintendo Labo: Toy-Con 04 - VR Kit
May - N/A
June - Super Mario Maker 2
July - Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NA/PAL), Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August - Tetris 99 (JP), Astral Chain
September - Tetris 99 (NA/PAL), Daemon X Machina, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
October - Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3
November - Pokémon Sword and Pokemon Shield
December - Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training (JP)
You Forgot BoxBoy + BoxGirl, Tetris 99, and The Stretchers. As well as Cadence of Hyrule.

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
The Switch 2 isn't coming until 2024 at the earliest, IMO. The three year development time that Pokemon seems to currently be on puts the next generation (nine I think) at a 2022 release date. I doubt they cut the sales in half by having a new console come out the following year, and I doubt the Switch only gets one new Pokemon generation.

However, I can see a Switch Pro in 2021, with a tablet capable of 1080p 60fps gameplay on most games, and is able to run select high-tech third party games.
We can call it "Pro", XL, or even Switch Consuela Banana Hammock, but a console that is able to "run high tech games" that the current Switch can't is basically a nex gen device.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Switch 2 would be too early to talk about rn imo, unless it's actually just a more powerful hardware revision.

The Switch is doing too well for them to replace it with anything anytime soon. Sure, once Microsoft and Sony come out with PS5/Series X, AAA third party ports will be near impossible, but there aren't THAT many of those (of actual current gen games) even right now to begin with. The Switch is covering a different range of games.

I expect an actual next gen console from Nintendo at around 2022 the earliest, all depending on Switch sales. I mean, they kept the 3DS alive for what, 7-8 years?

Scrawnton

Oct 26, 2017
I think the whole point of the Switch’s form factor and UI/design is meant to be a redo for Nintendo in the hardware space. I think going forward we will continue to get better versions of what this hardware can do. I think Nintendo wants to start growing and building with mobile tech.

This might mean that they will be behind graphically for a while, but it’s obvious they want the mobile experience of Switch to continue to be its differentiator. I can definitely see a “Switch 2” in 2022, but it’s just going to be a next gen version of the same idea.