• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 1 day, 20 hours, 46 minutes, 36 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

NHL November |OT| If an outdoor game is played in Regina at 10:00pm EST, did it really happen?

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I may have done that yesterday. Some pretty amazing stuff.

Some Leafs fans were pretty reserved, though. You have to remember how beaten down they were back in 2015. Many understood that it wasn't going to be a panacea, but virtually everyone DID think that he was *the* coach to take them to the promised land within those 8 years.
At the time, it was either him or fucking Guy Boucher. I can't imagine these young Leafs 1-3-1'ing their way to any kind of development, growth, or success.

Babcock did his job for a bit and he was the best they could have gotten. Now it's time to move on.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Suzuki has looked so good lately, his confidence is really up and he’s looking a lot more like he did with his run with the Storm

Vyse24

Oct 25, 2017
If you want a feel good moment, kid at the Ranger game was chosen for one of those tv timeout games where he won a prize for naming more sports films than one of the players. The person giving him the prize was his dad returning from Afghanistan.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
It would be really cool if Domi could step up his game now that Drouin is out for 2 months.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Connor Brown is like a very light Mark Stone. Always making the smart play and hardworking as fuck to get the puck back. Can't believe this guy is a throw in and they took Ceci too lmaoooo what stupid fucks

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Garbage, blew a game they absolutely should have won. Can’t lose games like this if they want to make the playoffs. I really don’t get what it is with this team and playing down to their opponents.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I’ve become fairly indifferent with Babcock, I think as time went on. Ultimately, the Leafs needed a change and it makes so much sense.

I think I could be a lot more invested in this team moving forward with this change.

tldr hi everyone I’m alive.

Oct 25, 2017
Babdonger got dropped huh. My Sabres lucked out and got Eichel, and now they lucked out and dodged Babmember too. Mike Peca smiling somewhere :)

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Like, its no secret to anyone with a brain that the leafs are underperforming. And no one with a brain was thinking they were going to win the cup this year.

hoping the coach change makes a difference, but I don’t think were going to magically change overnight.

Habs have improved from last year for sure, and the Sens look better too (although I thought they had an ok ish start last year too?)

leafs wont go anywhere playing how they’ve been playing, even when they were winning.

EDIT: I challenge Something Creative to find a post of myself saying were going to win the cup this year, even. I don’t know if any NHLERA leafs fan would have said anything of the like either, non sarcastically.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Like, its no secret to anyone with a brain that the leafs are underperforming. And no one with a brain was thinking they were going to win the cup this year.

hoping the coach change makes a difference, but I don’t think were going to magically change overnight.

Habs have improved from last year for sure, and the Sens look better too (although I thought they had an ok ish start last year too?)

leafs wont go anywhere playing how they’ve been playing, even when they were winning.

EDIT: I challenge Something Creative to find a post of myself saying were going to win the cup this year, even. I don’t know if any NHLERA leafs fan would have said anything of the like either, non sarcastically.
I'll admit I had high hopes... but it was completely based on Babcock not being a damn idiot and Sandin being in the lineup to shore up the loss of Gardiner.

Alas, Babcock doubled down on his stupidity (but with less stretch passes, hooray) but then he sent Sandin to the marlies and thus ruined any chance the Leafs had of winning.

There is a slight chance for success this season under keefe, but it depends on how quickly he can implement the Marlies system and they need to string a LOT of wins together to do it.

Possible, but not likely. Makes me sad.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'll admit I had high hopes... but it was completely based on Babcock not being a damn idiot and Sandin being in the lineup to shore up the loss of Gardiner.

Alas, Babcock doubled down on his stupidity (but with less stretch passes, hooray) but then he sent Sandin to the marlies and thus ruined any chance the Leafs had of winning.

There is a slight chance for success this season under keefe, but it depends on how quickly he can implement the Marlies system and they need to string a LOT of wins together to do it.

Possible, but not likely. Makes me sad.

When you say high hopes, do you mean, win the cup high hopes, or win a round of playoffs? Cuz I fully understand hoping wed get further. But I didnt think we were magically winning the cup after last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you take a look at the points across divisions, at all? The Atlantic isn't "monster" of any sorts this season.
Um. Consider a team like the Senators and how well they're doing? They're as good as the Cup favourite Toronto Maple Leafs. Even the league worst Detroit Red Wings are only 5 points behind the Cup favourite Toronto Maple Leafs.

Monster. Division.