NHL November |OT| If an outdoor game is played in Regina at 10:00pm EST, did it really happen?

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Best part of this is all the media, including Friedman saying this was possible but a ways off still

Switch Back 9

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This has legitimately brightened my day. I don't even care if they make the playoffs, I just wanna see some stoke back in the team.

SillyMikey

Banned
Mar 29, 2019
I find it kind of surprising that people were calling for his head when the GM basically put all his cash on forwards with nothing left for defense. I mean, they still have zero defense. How does this fix anything for them?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Dubas will be fired this summer and Chiapet will be hired who ends up extending Ceci and trading for Ladd.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I find it kind of surprising that people were calling for his head when the GM basically put all his cash on forwards with nothing left for defense. I mean, they still have zero defense. How does this fix anything for them?
The Leafs right now need structure and common sense more than anything. They weren't getting that from Babcock.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
It's true they lack defense but Babcock was misusing the pieces that were there trying the wrong things with Barrie, praising shitty players like Ceci and Kerfoot. Toronto is a team that should at least be able to score and they weren't even doing that.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
they arguably should've already fired him after the pittsburgh game. they weren't getting anything different from babcock. and he lost the room.

keefe will get them playing like they should. the defense is what it is, but they will at least be better offensively.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn. The madmen did it.

Did not think it would have happened after yesterday's game. Please get rid of Hak next.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is it IMO. Roster construction in D is a problem and not on Babs. Overpays leading to that problem is not on Babs.

Getting your shit kicked in from not realizing the Bruins skate up the right side of the ice during the playoffs is a Babs problem. Top line Hainsey, Ceci is a Babs problem. Not making notable in game adjustments is a Babs problem. Third/fourth liners playing in critical late game situations is a Babs problem.

He didn't help his case one bit.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Leafs needed a systems coach and they got one. The issue is Babcock lost his edge. He was on top of things the first 2 years and then after that it's been a shit show.

Stretch passing. Dump and chase. Awful line management and deployment. No adjustments anywhere! It's a skilled team designed for high event offense but we're playing this weird defensive system which didn't work and just killed our offense in the process.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I don’t know if this fixes our problems, but the guy was definitely making some questionable decisions in regards to lines and minutes.

I really hope this is what we needed, but something tells me we’re still going to struggle

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I think like Zroid said in discord, he worked well with our shitty team. But I think as we got talented and young his weaknesses were exposed. He doesn’t adjust. He loves his vets and grinders. That’s just not who we are.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I don’t know if this fixes our problems, but the guy was definitely making some questionable decisions in regards to lines and minutes.

I really hope this is what we needed, but something tells me we’re still going to struggle
Well the shitty part is due to NHLPA CBA rules, most systems work is done in preseason due to regulated "work" time in practices these days.

So it could take some time to fix the issues and then make line adjustments to bring the team closer to the full attack team we should have been. Players like Liljegren, Sandin, Bracco being in the line up instead of Shore, Holl, Ceci as one example.

Though I think the D are both injured. Way to go babs. That really protected Sandin

Oct 25, 2017
This

I kinda wanna go back to the off season thread when the Leafs hired Babcock to see how well the posts have aged 😂
I may have done that yesterday. Some pretty amazing stuff.

Some Leafs fans were pretty reserved, though. You have to remember how beaten down they were back in 2015. Many understood that it wasn't going to be a panacea, but virtually everyone DID think that he was *the* coach to take them to the promised land within those 8 years.