• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

My invention hit it big so now I'm gonna buy a couple of McMansions (pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I would assume there are thousands of products like this out there. A drain plug that catches hair and debris so your pipes don't clog isn't a new idea.

how did yours get successful? Is it actually novel or was it more marketing?

Oct 30, 2017
Great to hear you are still doing well. Much respect :)

I messaged you on the old site to start doing business on the europe side. I never got a reply? Are you interested in crossing the atlantic.

As a businessman i know you are quite busy, if you find the time just send me a message.

Ketchup

Nov 5, 2017
I run my own business, it's such hard work I feel like giving up all the time. Any advice on how to get contacts, investors or mentors? This is what I'm lacking. Whilst money could solve a few issues I feel one of these three would actually bring the money.

Dragoon

Oct 31, 2017
I actually remember that old topic as well. Congrats man and keep going up. AWesome job <3

Action Burger

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the tubshroom due to the old thread and found it to be an enormous pain to clean. Hair kept intertwining. Switched over to a cheaper generic similar product which has been working perfectly. On contrast, I have a friend who swears by it.

That aside, congrats on the success. Have you run into any issues with combatting people who post blatantly fake negative reviews? When my brother launched his startup I feel like he spent weeks obsessing over troll reviews.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I remember the old thread.

Really glad to see you found success. Truly a heartwarming and inspirational story. And quite amazing to have been "part of" seeing it grow.

Good job!

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I remember the first thread for this, was it really that long ago? Good job being a success OP. :D

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Ha cool I actually use these things so thanks. My shower would get clogged or something, but I could never find the clog. Running an auger through it would eventually clear it up, but always seemed to be clean when I pulled it out.

I actually combine this product with one of those flower pattern shower chain catchers to help it catch the occasional hair that makes it passed it.

Ryan.

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to see if I can spot your product the next time I’m in the store. Great job on the success OP

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought one of those! Used it until I realized that I preferred having to clean the drains once per couple of months instead of the shroom once every 1-2 days. Laziness won again.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Can you send me one of those tub shrooms?

I'd also like two baskets for the drains in our kitchen sink. I've been to 3 different home depots and I still can't find a basket that fits our sink. Gone so far as to take pictures to show and we still can't find anything.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Very inspiring. I’ve been a slump lately, but your story is a real pick me up.

Solace

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats on the success. I remember your thread on you know where. But enough chit chat, let me get to the point : Wire me 10 grand, I need it to buy a house man. Will pay you back ASAP. Haha

RockTidddies

Oct 25, 2017
I have an idea for another drain tube device. Not the same as yours. What do you recommend in terms of turning a simple schematic drawing (read shitty) into a viable model. I have 0 resources when it comes to plastics, 3d printing etc. Who do i present it to that would point me in the right way?

It's easy to say "Oh take it to someone at Lowes/Home Depot", but like...do you know the proper channels?

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realise American people would have heard of Right Said Fred.

Also: congrats! Good for you man. I'm out of work at the moment and having some financial difficulty but one day I hope to get a lucky break.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I knew I heard about this somewhere....I definitely bought one of these about two weeks ago and yeah, it was back in the old place when I read your thread. The thing is awesome but almost too awesome. It catches so much hair in my house that I clean it out once a week or the bath starts clogging. Sure beats using Drano once every three months though. Congrats on your success

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I remember that thread.

1. Where is the product being manufactured?

2. Did you attend the Chicago International HouseWare Expo in 2017? We might have met. I say met in that I might have passed by your booth if you had one.

2. Can I get a ERA discount?

WhoTurgled

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super jealous of ya brother, wish I had the work ethic to strike it big. I feel like I come up with pretty good business ideas on the reg but I just don't have the follow through to get anything done :/

OP
OP
open_mouth_

open_mouth_

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Sounds like things are going well - glad to hear it! I've been enjoying my shroom, although my wife consistently forgets to clean it out after her shower and I usually end up standing in a puddle of water before I realize that I have a drainplug made of her hair.

Been waiting for the chrome kitchen sink one to turn up somewhere in Canada (or maybe it has and I've missed it).
True story: a young female buyer stopped by our booth at the National Hardware Show last year and, upon watching the video showing the hair wrapped around the Shroom, proceeded to vomit. Some people can't stand the sight of hair in that way. Chrome Sink... try Amazon.ca.

I have an idea that needs funding.
Then pitch your friends or anyone you know who could potentially invest. But the idea has to be great and you have to have an execution plan behind it to be able to convince anyone. Ideas alone aren't enough.

i remember the original thread.

whats your new kickstarter?
Kitchen SinkShroom and Ultra TubShroom

Yeah, I saw a clone in a German dollar (euro) store. GJ mate.
Imitation is the best form of flattery =)

How'd you even get started
Read that Forbes article in the OP for some background. It also has some prototype images.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas/Fort Worth
Oh hey it's the TubShroom guy!
No joke, I just bought one last month because my old shower drain was doing a shit job and my long hair wreaks havoc on drains. TubShroom's a game changer, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.