• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

My Hero Academia: Season 4 |OT| Mirio will make you believe in Jesus

My Hero Academia - Sub or Dub?

• Total voters

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Back in the old days of Reckless Deku, he threw out Smashes without knowing about people's quirks
And had to get his ass saved a bunch of times and a lot of the time didn't accomplish much
I, too felt that was strange. They were walking into a trap.
"Oh yeah it's really embarrassing just follow me into this dark alley where no one can see or hear us"

Mirio: oh look at the time ....

To add I was confused why Mirio acknowledged dude was Yakuza but then I remember it's Japan

Oct 25, 2017
Can Midoriya not swim or something, missed what was going on in that scene that he was flailing around in.

Largely uneventful episode, with the classroom scene with Bakugo and Todo Kami and Mineta bringing the good content.

Mirio should have just snatched Mido backwards and fled instead of letting him take the lead.

Midoriya should have stayed quirkless. The franchise would have been phenomenal with a true underdog.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Good episode. The run in Deku and Mirio had against Chisaki was just as tense as the manga was. Good job there. Poor Eri. We also got official confirmation on Mirio’s Hero name, Lemillion! Anime only peeps, you guys like the name?

I thought the convo between Deku and All Might was well done enough. It was an important moment and fills in some more gaps on All Might’s backstory

Kirishima and Tamaki next ep. Hype!!!

Last edited:

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
what?

I had the opposite thought, it showed Midoriya is too reckless and naive and shouldnt have been handed the best ability on a silver platter.
Mirio is too much like Nighteye and thinks logically. Eri needed help right there. Its easy to say they should wait because the ones waiting aren't suffering just to put their "perfect" plan into action.

Thinking logically has its place and while its to make sure they can capture Chisaki with minimum risk, Eri suffers for it. All Might and Deku both would not stand for it.

I am of the same mindset as Nighteye so I see the value of the plan. But at the same time, its why we need the reckless and "naive" heroes such as Deku to charge forward. Because ones like Nighteye can stand back and plan coldly and logically but the ones to save the people and put a smile on their face are the All Might and Dekus of BNHA.

Its also why Deku is the fitting successor to All Might over Mirio. Different enough in personality, but has the same conviction and desire to help others.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
It would make sense for them to show suspicion after the situation was already going. At that point it'd raise more red flags for them to just leave. But at the same time, if Deku had treated it like nothing in the first place that would've been fine too.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It would make sense for them to show suspicion after the situation was already going. At the point it'd raise more red flags for them to just leave. But at the same time, if Deku had treated it like nothing in the first place that would've been fine too.
Yeah it's why Mirio was playing dumb he was acting like he wasn't paying attention and believing that Eri was just being a brat so that he wouldn't suspect it and made sure that Overhaul didn't notice that Deku was freaking out

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really mad at Mirio for how he reacted in that situation. If they blow the operation now, they would be dragged into a conflict they are 100% not ready for. They should at least wait until they know his Quirk.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Deku's line of thinking ends with Deku splattered across the concrete and Chisaki still in possession of Eri. Much in the same way that Deku rushing in to save Bakugo in the 2nd episode would have ended with Deku splattered across the concrete and the slime guy still in possession of Bakugo had All Might not been there.

NSESN

Oct 25, 2017
Deku is unexperienced and was shaken by the reveal that Mirio was a possible successor, his actions were totally fine in that situation.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Leaving a little girl to her abuser isn't something a true hero would do
Right but in the situation it's the logical thing to do when they know he's a dangerous Yakuza and don't know his quirk he could have have killed them or escaped and nothing would change except make him more paranoid

Neither of them are wrong really

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going with Togata, they lose too much in this situation (villian goes into hiding, unknown quirk, etc). Deku would have tried to attack and would be left painted on the alleyway walls.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Right but in the situation it's the logical thing to do when they know he's a dangerous Yakuza and don't know his quirk he could have have killed them or escaped and nothing would change except make him more paranoid

Neither of them are wrong really
True, I don't blame Mirio for his decision but what meant by true hero is a All Might and Superman type of Hero, Mirio was a logic comes first type of Hero which is fine but not right for All Might successor

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Deku needs to become so strong that he doesn't have to worry about semantics like Mirio has to so he can save anyone at anytime regardless of circumstances just like all might. Mirio likely made the right call here, but Deku's attitude is totally in line with who he wants to be.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Leaving a little girl to her abuser isn't something a true hero would do
It's the equivalent to running into a dangerous area with no backup just because you're the first responder.

It is something you can do, but waiting for backup isn't something that Mirio should be looked down on for doing. One is more thought out than a spur of the moment thing.

Deku could have ran away with his super speed right then and there and saved her, sure. But then Overhaul might have gotten away and hid into the shadows, which would have been way worse in the long haul.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
True, I don't blame Mirio for his decision but what meant by true hero is a All Might and Superman type of Hero, Mirio was a logic comes first type of Hero which is fine but not right for All Might successor
I think it's less Mirio being logical and him just following Nighteye and its showing that Mirio is way more experience and as a result careful because again Nighteye

They established Mirio is book dumb but combat and street smart (his academic grades are apparently not good unlike Deku whose grades put him in the top 5)

Mirio just knows his limits and doesn't panic

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
You can't be Superman if you're not as powerful as Superman and even Superman knows that.

Like Night Eye said, Deku isn't so special as to be able to save whoever he wants whenever he wants. All Might was.

NSESN

Oct 25, 2017
Again, Mirio has 2 more years of experience than Deku, Deku going with his instinct instead of trying to think would be the best for the operation is expected.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Again, Mirio has 2 more years of experience than Deku, Deku going with his instinct instead of trying to think would be the best for the operation is expected.
I mean, the right answer is:
Deku needs to become so strong that he doesn't have to worry about semantics like Mirio has to so he can save anyone at anytime regardless of circumstances just like all might.
Because his intentions were correct, but he had no ability to make them reality, so he would have ended up making the situation worse.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I mean when you put it that way... Maybe? Like if we say the person who's closest in "hero action" to All Might is most worthy to be his sucessor then perhaps it does 🤔

I don't think it's reason to see either character as lesser necassarily but yeah.

OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The whole concept of one being more deserving is arbitrary. They both have inherited different attributes that All Might possesses. It’s also a little unfair to judge Mirio at this point considering we have seen so much more of Deku. In comparison, we know very little about Mirio

Bottom line is they are both worthy to be successor. One isn’t necessarily better than the other. It’s all personal preference for who you prefer.

Heavy criticism against either of them about succession is not needed imo

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
deku's a loser

he shouldn't have let eri go

he should have run off with her as soon as he realized how scared she was

i don't know why people jump to fighting, that's obviously suicide in this situation

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
deku's a loser

he shouldn't have let eri go

he should have run off with her as soon as he realized how scared she was

i don't know why people jump to fighting, that's obviously suicide in this situation
If you don't know that you can outrun someone, turning your back on them is just as much suicide. They don't have intel on what Chisaki's quirk is, if he has one at all. Nor do they know if there's anyone else down that alley waiting to back him up.

Hell, from what we as the audience know running away could have resulted in Deku catching one of those darts and losing his quirk like Compress did. Then he'd really be fucked.