• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes, 19 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

More Sony Interactive Entertainment on the Epic Games Store: Predator: Hunting Grounds coming April 4, 2020

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
That Predator game is for sure gonna me a timed exclusive. It looks good tho. It's weird that they didn't show much human gameplay.

ArmGunar

Oct 30, 2017
Is that a female Predator?
Yep
One of the secrets we have been keeping since announcing Predator: Hunting Grounds has been the inclusion of the female Predator.
When we first came up with what this game would be, I knew we had to create a world where this ultimate female warrior would exist too. We had fun imagining her back-story which helped us create a fierce warrior that any gamer will have fun playing. She is agile, fast, and relentless. She is a huntress without fear and she thrives in the hunt. In the trailer we see her with a weapon that IllFonic created, the Yautja Bow.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Expected this to hit PC. Was the first game that came to mind when they said that their MP-focused titles would be coming to PC, especially since Predator isn't a PlayStation focused IP

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I think a few people had Predator pegged as down for release on PC after Layden’s comments - it fits the type he talked about. It’s significant enough as it’s the first, I think, to fall under that brief ... as a day one game on PC with SIE publishing.

Oct 27, 2017
Here’s hoping this can fill the void left by Evolve, still one of my favorite games this gen. Always happy to see new Predator stuff, and this looks pretty cool so far.

Mars People

Oct 25, 2017
Is this at least going to be gory as fuck?
If I cant skin my enemies and clean their skulls with my little skull cleaning kit whats the point?

Papercuts

Oct 25, 2017
I do not get good vibes when a trailer is constantly cutting away to not show a single kill.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Normally this type of game doesn't get me excited at all anymore, though you'd think if Sony is funding it and showing it off in their state of play shows - they had to see something good early on behind closed doors.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Looks rough as fuck but that doesn't stop these kinds of games to get a dedicated community around them. Asynchronous multiplayer still has a lot of potential and should be explored further. But this clearly could have used some bigger budget and help from some Sony first-party studios to look like a current-gen game.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This looks alright for a low budget multiplayer game. It looks a bit nore polished than the early footage they showed.

I can see people being disappointed if they expected a big budget AAA game but that's never what this was.

Oct 27, 2017
I think a few people had Predator pegged as down for release on PC after Layden’s comments - it fits the type he talked about. It’s significant enough as it’s the first, I think, to fall under that brief ... as a day one game on PC with SIE publishing.
I think ReadySet Heroes is owning that title, but we can say Predator is the first significant one yeah. That poor ReadySet Heroes looked like some kind of experiment from the start.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

Predator: Hunting Grounds is an immersive asymmetrical multiplayer* shooter set in the remote jungles of the world, where the Predator stalks the most challenging prey. Play as a member of an elite 4-person Fireteam and complete paramilitary operations before the Predator finds you. Or, play as the Predator to hunt the most worthy prey, choosing from your vast array of deadly alien tech to collect your trophies, one by one.

Enter the World of Predator:
Enter a world that looks and feels completely authentic to the lore of the Predator universe. The lush jungle comes alive with the sights and sounds of military bravado moving toward their objective. While up in the trees, a flash of light and an ominous clicking sound belay that the team is about to face deadly opposition. From the epic Predator theme song to the signature light-bending cloaking and thermal Predator vision, fans of the Predator-verse will revel in both familiar and new canon.
Human vs. Alien Weaponry:

As a Fireteam member, wield a state-of-the-art arsenal, from pistols to assault rifles, shotguns, grenades and heavy weapons.** As the Predator, hunt with deadly alien tech including the shoulder-mounted Plasma Caster, Combistick, Smart Disc, Wrist Blades, and more.

Jungle Warfare:
Drop into several conflict zones in South America, treacherous, thick with ranging trees and sprawling undergrowth. Guerilla soldiers are well-camouflaged between guarding shanty hide-outs at the water’s edge. Whether a Fireteam moves as a unit or takes a strategic split approach to reach each objective, the rich setting offers a diverse environment to perfect your approach. For the Predator, the trees are perfect for using otherworldy skills, crawling up tree trunks and stealthing through branches to stalk prey with frightening speed.

Gameplay required to unlock some Fireteam and Predator weapons.