• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Kelsey Grammer confirms Frasier reboot is coming in Summer 2020

Dec 2, 2017
Kelsey Grammer has teased that the reboot of 90's sitcom hit Frasier is "ready to go," and could air as early as next summer.

Revealing that he was "in the midst" of talks with potential networks, he said: "We’ve got it hatched, We’ve hatched the plan, what we think is the right way to go
"We’re sort of on standby a little bit, working on a couple of possible network deals that we’re circling, and Frasier is sort of in a second position to that. But a revisit to Frasier, Frasier’s world, is I think definitely gonna come."

"We’ll see how people respond to it, because it’s not gonna be the same place, not gonna be Seattle, it’s not gonna be the same Frasier, it’s gonna be the man in his next iteration. Hopefully that'll be something people like watching," he said. "It’s still his search for love, for one thing, I think that will always go on for Frasier, but [also] a connection with his son."
Asked when he think it will start, Grammer teased: "Spring. Probably late summer next year. It’s ready to go."

Not sure it’ll work without John Mahoney

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
They can reboot anything they like but if they touch Airwolf I swear to god.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
"We’ll see how people respond to it, because it’s not gonna be the same place, not gonna be Seattle, it’s not gonna be the same Frasier, it’s gonna be the man in his next iteration. Hopefully that'll be something people like watching," he said.

Twist: Frasier is now a libertarian style conservative.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
He’s a bit of a prick tho (I could be underestimating his prickishness as well). My response is tepid to this news.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He may not be Roseanne bad but I don't think I can support the work of a Trump supporting asshole.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Lol yeah hopefully they didnt order a full season up front because flush that money goes down the toilet

EDIT: Oh "in talks with networks" aka coming soon to Crackle

OP
OP
CormoranStrike
Dec 2, 2017
Frasier the character was supposedly left wing right? Or an American liberal. There’s the episode where he supports the democratic candidate.

Jegriva

Sep 23, 2019
I mean, it's been 7-8 years that he goes around asking for this.

I care more about the writers and David Hyde Pierce, who was the real star of the show.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Frasier will console persecuted conservatives on the air who are having trouble dealing with "Liberal media bias" in today's society.

Rand a. Thor

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You either reboot it and completely misinterpret Mahoney role by making Frasier the bitter old father living with Frederick because reasons or try and cast a new Frasier and crew and it completely sucks because the magic that was the original cast's chemistry is completely gone. Its a lose/lose situation and no one is gonna bother with it, let sleeping dogs lie.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god stop bringing back old shows. People are nostalgic for the stupidest shit.

Wait 10 more years at least and do a remake if you must.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited as long as Kelsey Grammer doesn't inject his political views into it all hamfisted like.

Orbulon

Nov 1, 2017
Frasier is an incredible show, despite Grammer being an asshole. This will undoubtedly be a disaster.

Jegriva

Sep 23, 2019
Even the dog was more important than Frasier
The last episode was basically a sand ending for Frasier, and I was like "Whatever. The other are happy."

So you’re saying now is the perfect time to reboot Cheers?
Happy days, but set in the 90s, with the Gen X kids of the original characters.

You know he’s a single issue voter, and it’s his own pocketbook.
yeah, Grammer is a anti-abortionist republican most of all. He was a Ben Carson supporter, FFS.
But he was actually pro gay marriage, for example AFAIK.

G_Shumi

Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
LET 👏 THINGS 👏 END 👏

Also, I can't wait for the inevitable cancellation after Kelsey Grammer goes on an Ambien bender and tweets some racist shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems he's implying things didn't work out with Charlotte. A pity.

Not that Laura Linney would have any interest in revisiting the role I'm sure. Sitcom love interest is kind of beneath her at this point.