It is still possible to avoid getting an (alleged) rapist as President. A few possible scenarios

Should Democrats try to stop Biden because of the allegations that he is a rapist? If so, how?

• Yes. Go scorched earth on Biden and try to make Sanders win (scenario 1)

• Yes. A third candidate should (re)enter the race to achieve a contested convention (scenario 2)

• Yes. Leaders of the party and others should try to talk to Biden to choose a replacement (scenario 3

• No. It's too late to stop Biden or to risky to try. We're stuck voting for him (scenario 4)

• No. I like Biden's policies more so I support him despite him being an (alleged) rapist (stance 5)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Denman

Apr 21, 2018
I feel gross about voting for Biden but luckily I’m from such a blue state I don’t have to and it won’t matter.

But I can’t support the man.

clevbrowns95

Nov 8, 2017
Man, what bullshit. It's such a bummer than Warren isn't the nominee. I think the thought process of the average primary voter was that Warren is a women, Hillary is a woman and lost, therefore, Warren would lose too. But Warren is way better than Biden and I believe has better electability than Bernie.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I seriously would have put money down on Biden self destructing if I was a betting man.
i never actually expected the other campaigns (especially Sanders) to be that incompetent as to be put in that situation.
It's clear Sanders is not winning this and you have to wonder if he had any intention of winning this to begin with.

Eeyore

Dec 13, 2019
The woman making this rape allegation took it to the Warren campaign (and the Harris campaign) and they both dismissed her because they didn't find it credible.
Do you have a source for this?

I seriously would have put money down on Biden self destructing if I was a betting man.
i never actually expected the other campaigns (especially Sanders) to be that incompetent as to be put in that situation.
It's clear Sanders is not winning this and you have to wonder if he had any intention of winning this to begin with.
This is silly. Sanders risked his health by running. Whether you agree with his policies, rhetoric or what, this is silly.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This is silly. Sanders risked his health by running. Whether you agree with his policies, rhetoric or what, this is silly.
His campaign is not showing he's in this to win.
The results he's getting are not showing that either.
He's not my 1st choice but he's not far either.
I won't delude myself in thinking that he's done a perfect job making his case too.
The sad truth is that there's no participation trophy in politics and winners get to write how everyone is perceived.
His coalition is clearly not the one leading and he shown to be unwilling to try to broaden his message.
That to me shows that he's not really willing to do whatever needs to be done to win.

Eeyore

Dec 13, 2019
I'm not arguing his campaign has been perfect or even good, it's clear that while his policies are something that quite a few Americans support, the way he's messaged it has not been persuasive enough. I just find it odd that he had a serious health episode and came back quickly afterwards and you're arguing that he's not in it to win it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not arguing his campaign has been perfect or even good, it's clear that while his policies are something that quite a few Americans support, the way he's messaged it has not been persuasive enough. I just find it odd that he had a serious health episode and came back quickly afterwards and you're arguing that he's not in it to win it.
Like if there's one thing he should have learned from 2016 is that the people who wholeheartedly support his message is not enough to win a primary.
I don't question his dedication to get his message out there.
I refuse to think that Sanders is incompetent enough to not have hired anyone willing to tell him that he needs to broaden his base.
It's impossible to look at this mess and not wonder why they decided doing a 2016 redo was a good idea.
His whole campaign has been willing to support people with questionable outbursts but never in a way that would broaden his base.
Whatever loving fuck was the point of caping for Tulsi Gabbard?
That shit endorsed Biden because she's seeing where the wind is blowing.