• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max announced (starting $699, $999, $1099 - Preorder Friday, ships Sept. 20th)

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 218 11.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 249 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 306 16.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,138 59.5%

• Total voters

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I have a pair of Skullcandy bluetooth headphones. On Android, if I held the connect button on the headphones, they would automatically pair with my phone.

Seems like on my iPhone, I need to go into Settings every time and manually select the headphones to pair. Am I missing something or no way to automatically connect?

Deadass

Oct 27, 2017
So starting today I noticed my Pro Max makes a weird clicking noise when I do stuff like select something, swipe up from te bottom to go to the home screen, change the volume with the buttons, or when I zoom out on a web page. It happens with the lighter of the two haptic feedback levels, if that makes sense to you. Besides feeling the lighter rumble I also hear a quiet, but still audible click. I only hear it in a quiet environment when the phone is close, like laying on the couch, and it’s really starting to annoy me. Is this something that all iPhones have and I just started noticing or is something broken in my Taptic Engine?
I have this same issue, noticed it a week or two as well.
I have no idea if this is by design

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I have a pair of Skullcandy bluetooth headphones. On Android, if I held the connect button on the headphones, they would automatically pair with my phone.

Seems like on my iPhone, I need to go into Settings every time and manually select the headphones to pair. Am I missing something or no way to automatically connect?
You shouldn't need to do anything, they should just automatically connect. Is there something else in range that might already be connected?

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Hey guys, I’m traveling to kuwait in the Middle East next month. I was wondering is there anything I should keep in mind if I’m buying iPhone 11 Pro Max from there ? I live in Sweden btw.
I heard from a friend that I shouldn’t buy a Hong Kong version no matter what since it’s not covered by apple or repairs outside that region. Can someone confirm ?

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
I have this same issue, noticed it a week or two as well.
I have no idea if this is by design
I posted this on an Apple forum and have had a few replies of other people having the same problem with a Pro Max. Some got a replacement from Apple, but those seem to have the same issue.
Complete resetting the phone to factory settings does not help, and neither does iOS 13.2.3...

marzoo

Jun 1, 2018
Anybody got the silicon case? I want to buy it because i knooow it has the apple logo and it looks so good in white but i wonder if its good enough to protect it.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Anybody got the silicon case? I want to buy it because i knooow it has the apple logo and it looks so good in white but i wonder if its good enough to protect it.
Silicone, and yes, it’s enough protection but the case itself may crack in the corners. The silicone layer is attached to the plastic layer (and one more layer of microfibre on the inside) and often separates after a while.

Unless you’re stuck on the color, the Apple leather cases are far better and hold up to real life usage.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
do you have a link for amazon germany?

marzoo

Jun 1, 2018

thanks! is there a difference between the two?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I’m traveling to kuwait in the Middle East next month. I was wondering is there anything I should keep in mind if I’m buying iPhone 11 Pro Max from there ? I live in Sweden btw
I seem to recall issues getting Facetime to work on Kuwait / UAE devices outside of the territory.

Don't know of that's still the case, you might want to look it up.

DavidDesu

Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Welp. My Pixel 2 contract is up in January so I've been on the lookout for deals. All iPhone contracts were just too expensive but then last night my girlfriend found one.

iPhone 11 (not Pro), no upfront fee, 30GB data unlimited everything else, with EE who I'm already with and have no problems, £38 a month 2 years contract. No catch.

So I couldn't resist. Guess I'm going back to iPhones! Excited to have good battery life in my phone again, the Pixel 2 has been terrible for a few months now, the battery just capitulated.

Anyone in the UK interested search on Hot deals for iPhone 11, the deal is a black Friday one with Affordable Mobiles. My girlfriend got her phone through them before so it's not dodgy.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
You shouldn't need to do anything, they should just automatically connect. Is there something else in range that might already be connected?
They definitely do no connect automatically. And this is when nothing else is in range.

Maybe because the headphones are ~3 years old? Is it some newer BT tech that does the auto connect? At least with the Android phone they would connect when holding the connect button on the actual headphones.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think the grey uniformity is bad on my 11 pro Max. On min brightness, Resetera dark mode is greenish grey at the top, and redish grey at the bottom. Should I send it back?
Looks like this on 10% grey (not as bad, I found this via image search):

That is not normal, right?

Last edited: