• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max announced (starting $699, $999, $1099 - Preorder Friday, ships Sept. 20th)

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 218 11.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 249 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 306 16.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,138 59.5%

• Total voters

Mack

May 30, 2019
Everyone without a screen protector will have the tiny lines only visible at specific angles with the screen off.

That‘s how I use my phone. Goes in my pocket with keys. Lays face down on surfaces, etc.
No major scratches or gouges.
I know, normal wear and tear. Gotta ask, do you use a case or your phone is completely “naked”?

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
ve gone naked on every iPhone I've had since the original. My first-gen got scratched to hell, but ever since the 4S and beyond, the screen has been fine without a case or screen protector. I had an XS before this... same thing... great screen even after a year.
I have this same problem on my XR, screen protector broke so I took it off and was planning on getting a new one but not in a rush due to typical quality of iPhones screens. Within a week it had a bunch of fairly substantial small scratches and scuffs. There seems to be something going on with the oleophobic coating on newer iPhones, but only certain models. My girlfriends XR doesn’t have this issue at all.

2Bee

Oct 27, 2017
To those rocking their iPhone’s 11 without screen protectors - how are your displays? I have some hairline scratches visible in direct sun/lamp light. Nothing major, I’d say on pair with what I experienced owning an iPhone 6S and 7.
I've been using my 11 pro max for 2 weeks without a screen protector and no scratches at all.

I might put one on it cause I see a lot of people claiming they easily got one and that scares me.

Drewton

Oct 27, 2017
I use the Pro Max with a case on and off and while I’m very careful about it there’s minor hairline scratches on the screen like on my X

Lump

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using my 11 pro max for 2 weeks without a screen protector and no scratches at all.

I might put one on it cause I see a lot of people claiming they easily got one and that scares me.
I never even used cases until the iPhone 6, where the naked phone felt as slippery as soap in comparison to previous models. Now the phones feel less slippery, but camera bumps bug me enough that I need cases to compensate for it.

One day, the camera bump will be no more and I might enjoy a caseless phone once again.

Oct 25, 2017
can’t imagine not using a case on these modern all-glass iphones. at least in the iphone 6 era you had a 50% chance with each drop that it’d land on metal

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Upgraded from a 8+ to an 11 Pro Max for work and I’m loving it so far. The camera and screen are great as expected, but the battery life improvement is fuckin ridiculous! I do use dark/black themes across the board, I’m curious how much that helps cause of the OLED screen

Vanillalite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What should I buy if I want a fast charger for the 11?

Preferably something that actually conforms to USB C standards in terms of amps and voltage while not breaking the bank.

The Anker on Amazon doesn't actually conform to the official usb c specs.

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
So starting today I noticed my Pro Max makes a weird clicking noise when I do stuff like select something, swipe up from te bottom to go to the home screen, change the volume with the buttons, or when I zoom out on a web page. It happens with the lighter of the two haptic feedback levels, if that makes sense to you. Besides feeling the lighter rumble I also hear a quiet, but still audible click. I only hear it in a quiet environment when the phone is close, like laying on the couch, and it’s really starting to annoy me. Is this something that all iPhones have and I just started noticing or is something broken in my Taptic Engine?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
2009 to 2019 and my only iPhone was the 5C for less than 2 years.

Verizon has $500 off iPhone 11 with Pixel XL 2 trade in so I'm pulling the trigger (I have very small scratch on the screen that you don't even see when using the phone, if they deny me for this I'll be pissed).

I'll probably just get the 11 but maybe consider the 11 Pro when I see how my Fios + Wireless discount works out and how much I'll be paying per month.

How does Google Photos work with iPhone? Everything will be saved to the camera roll and then backed up to Google Photos? Can I set it so it ONLY stores photos in Google Photos and bypass the Apple Photos app entirely?

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

Verizon has $500 off iPhone 11 with Pixel XL 2 trade in so I'm pulling the trigger (I have very small scratch on the screen that you don't even see when using the phone, if they deny me for this I'll be pissed).

I'll probably just get the 11 but maybe consider the 11 Pro when I see how my Fios + Wireless discount works out and how much I'll be paying per month.

How does Google Photos work with iPhone? Everything will be saved to the camera roll and then backed up to Google Photos? Can I set it so it ONLY stores photos in Google Photos and bypass the Apple Photos app entirely?
No you can’t. It’ll go to Apple’s photos app. But you don’t need to import them into Google Photos. They’ll just all be there when you open the app.
You may need to have the Google Photos app open to sync them to Google’s cloud however. I’ve found it doesn’t upload unless the app is open.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017

Google's apps on the iPhone are seriously hamstrung when it comes to photos. Only the Camera Roll is available in them. No searching. No favorites. No albums. No people. No places. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Perhaps it works better when you sync photos to Google Photos?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I got an iPhone 11... I like the Apple Silicon case but it's $40.

Is there something comparable that people are using?

edit... welp, $23.99 on Amazon. Ordered.

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Why does my iPhone beep every time I do something while listening to music with Bluetooth headphones?

Unlock screen, beep. New song starts playing, beep. Touch any of the controls in the pull down thing (flashlight, screen lock, calc, etc), beep. Pull up multitasking, beep.

I read online to turn off “System Haptics” under Sound & Haptics but it’s still happening (“Play haptics for system controls and interactions).

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Upgraded from a 8+ to an 11 Pro Max for work and I’m loving it so far. The camera and screen are great as expected, but the battery life improvement is fuckin ridiculous! I do use dark/black themes across the board, I’m curious how much that helps cause of the OLED screen
I mean the Resetera dark theme isn’t even dark. It’s grey and that doesn’t help. We still need a black theme.

Aurongel

Oct 28, 2017
I never want to go back to anything with less battery life than this. Knowing that I can use my phone at a comfortable brightness setting while stressing it within reason and STILL have enough left over to go out in the evenings without worry is an amazing feeling. My iPhone 6+ prior to this got about half a day of moderate use and could only keep 2-4 apps in memory at a given time.

2Bee

Oct 27, 2017
I never want to go back to anything with less battery life than this. Knowing that I can use my phone at a comfortable brightness setting while stressing it within reason and STILL have enough left over to go out in the evenings without worry is an amazing feeling. My iPhone 6+ prior to this got about half a day of moderate use and could only keep 2-4 apps in memory at a given time.
yup coming from a galaxy 7 that was slow and battery would not last even half a day if I even dared something so audacious as playingvideos... my 11 pro max just dares me to throw shit at it and not even charge it at the end of the day.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of screen protectors are you guys using? I had an iPhone 7 for 3 years and my screen protector never once got scuffs or scratches unless I actually dropped it. I’ve had my 11 for a month now and my screen protector is scratched to hell from just going in and out of my pocket (this is actually my second protector). I want to make sure I’m actually getting a quality screen protector.

Additionally there was like a 4 day period where my screen was naked and it got pretty scuffed and scratched by just going in and out of my pocket. Overall not super happy with the screen on this phone since I never had this issue before.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
What kind of screen protectors are you guys using? I had an iPhone 7 for 3 years and my screen protector never once got scuffs or scratches unless I actually dropped it. I’ve had my 11 for a month now and my screen protector is scratched to hell from just going in and out of my pocket (this is actually my second protector). I want to make sure I’m actually getting a quality screen protector.

Additionally there was like a 4 day period where my screen was naked and it got pretty scuffed and scratched by just going in and out of my pocket. Overall not super happy with the screen on this phone since I never had this issue before.
I just ordered the spigen ez apply screen protector. It seems like the best one from all the videos I watched since its so simple to apply and you don’t get air bubbles or off center placement.

here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9vad-Dsxg

On another note, LOVING the 11 pro max. The battery life is insane, I thought the battery indicator was bugged the first day I got it because I had like %87 charge at the end of the day from noon to 7pm.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered the spigen ez apply screen protector. It seems like the best one from all the videos I watched since its so simple to apply and you don’t get air bubbles or off center placement.

here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9vad-Dsxg

On another note, LOVING the 11 pro max. The battery life is insane, I thought the battery indicator was bugged the first day I got it because I had like %87 charge at the end of the day from noon to 7pm.
Thanks!

Tofer

Oct 27, 2017
My 11 pro comes tomorrow but now I’m thinking i should have just bought the 11 and saved money. Coming from an SE

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
does anyone here turn off "High Efficiency (HEIF/HEVC)" in the camera app and just use "Most Compatible (JPEG)"?

I'm finding with Google Photos it seems like I can't do anything with these HEIF files. I download them and then what? I can't open them on my computer, I can't send the file over Hangouts, etc.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
does anyone here turn off "High Efficiency (HEIF/HEVC)" in the camera app and just use "Most Compatible (JPEG)"?

I'm finding with Google Photos it seems like I can't do anything with these HEIF files. I download them and then what? I can't open them on my computer, I can't send the file over Hangouts, etc.
Why wouldn’t I use a more advanced, better quality, smaller filesize format?

Given, I’m definitely not one to dip toes into G-World, but since it was implemented I’ve switched over and never had any issues. If I share a photo or video, be it with an iCloud link or sending via Messages, the recipient has never had an issue.

Not sure why importing to Google’s shit would introduce issues But I’d definitely look into it on their end. But hey, it says it right there isn’t he selection, if straight compatibility is what you need, go for it.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Why wouldn’t I use a more advanced, better quality, smaller filesize format?

Given, I’m definitely not one to dip toes into G-World, but since it was implemented I’ve switched over and never had any issues. If I share a photo or video, be it with an iCloud link or sending via Messages, the recipient has never had an issue.

Not sure why importing to Google’s shit would introduce issues But I’d definitely look into it on their end. But hey, it says it right there isn’t he selection, if straight compatibility is what you need, go for it.
I mean just ignoring Google stuff, I'm at work and downloaded some photos to my Windows computer and can't view them on here. It seems pretty limiting unless you are 100% all in Apple products.

I guess I was just wondering if there's some quick work around to converting a HEIF photo to a jpeg which would be ideal. I would like to use HEIF but have flexibility if I need it.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I mean just ignoring Google stuff, I'm at work and downloaded some photos to my Windows computer and can't view them on here. It seems pretty limiting unless you are 100% all in Apple products.

I guess I was just wondering if there's some quick work around to converting a HEIF photo to a jpeg which would be ideal. I would like to use HEIF but have flexibility if I need it.
How are you sharing them? Like I said before, try sharing via the share sheet. To a shared Photos folder, to a Dropbox option, via email. While the raw (not photographical RAW) files dragged and dropped could have issues as you can attest, but the share sheet should seamlessly spit out a more compatible, jpg files.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

You can be using HEIF and then in the Photos setting select automatic. It’ll convert it to jpg in your iCloud downloads and when you transfer to your pc

dropped my 11 pro from my second story floor straight into my wood floor downstairs. Fell face first and I just froze for a good 30 seconds expecting the worst. Not a scratch on this bad boy. Thank you Apple Leather Case

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Recommendations for iPhone 11 charging pad? Or just get the cheapest one that I like the look of and make sure it does 7.5w? Or is 10w what I should be looking for?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Recommendations for iPhone 11 charging pad? Or just get the cheapest one that I like the look of and make sure it does 7.5w? Or is 10w what I should be looking for?
‘what is your intent? For me I just wanted overnight charging so I used an old Nokia 5w pad I had from my 920 days

edit - stupid damn iOS 13 apostrophe when I type ..

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I think 7.5w is the highest the iPhones can go. I bought a semi-cheap one because it's just something I can throw my phone on overnight and I don't care too much about how fast it charges.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017

If you are using Win10 there’s a Store “app” that adds extension support for it.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
They’re talking about using Qi charging pads.
Oh gotcha. My bad.

Yeah, I use wireless charging for convenience, not speed. I have one at work that I set my phone on when I sit at my desk. Although, since getting the 11 Pro Max, I’ve stopped using it. I unplugged it. My battery at the end of the work day doesn’t drop below 85%.

At night, I charge the phone on a Samsung pad.