• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max announced (starting $699, $999, $1099 - Preorder Friday, ships Sept. 20th)

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 218 11.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 249 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 306 16.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,138 59.5%

• Total voters

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Copped my 11 Pro Max. Kind of have buyers remorse, as it's so big but once Gwent Beta drops next week / I watch some TV on my next commute I have a feeling I'll like it.

Mar 3, 2018
Having a hard time making a decision..

I’ve been getting more and more into taking pictures, such as when I go camping few times a year, hiking etc. Just yesterday I went to a huge farm outside the city and spent the day walking around and taking pictures of the animals and whatnot with my iPhone X.

now, my dilemma is whether to sell my iPhone X and get the 11 pro for it’s amazing camera....or keep the X and just spend $500-$600 on a dedicated camera instead of spending that cash on top of selling the Xfor an 11 pro.

I know some will say that obviously a dslr is so much better, but having a phone that takes amazing pictures and not having to carry around a camera is really convinient and tempting.

ugh can’t decide

Snake Eater

Oct 27, 2017

I’ve been getting more and more into taking pictures, such as when I go camping few times a year, hiking etc. Just yesterday I went to a huge farm outside the city and spent the day walking around and taking pictures of the animals and whatnot with my iPhone X.

now, my dilemma is whether to sell my iPhone X and get the 11 pro for it’s amazing camera....or keep the X and just spend $500-$600 on a dedicated camera instead of spending that cash on top of selling the Xfor an 11 pro.

I know some will say that obviously a dslr is so much better, but having a phone that takes amazing pictures and not having to carry around a camera is really convinient and tempting.

ugh can’t decide
So iPhone camera is great, but it’s still a phone camera and will not touch a standalone, so you still need to think about what exactly you want out of your photography

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Been trying to exchange my wife’s 11 for an 11 Pro Max and they’re always sold out. And now we’re past the 14 day window.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was in a retail store and compared the displays this morning. The OLED displays all had yellow/red tint (I disabled true tone and night shift in the settings). I compared 4 different Pros with 2 different 11. I like warm white balance, but that tint is too much for me.

Anyone know if this is a bug or something? The Pro screens had better resolution and black level, but the white balance was all over the place.

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I was in a retail store and compared the displays this morning. The OLED displays all had yellow/red tint (I disabled true tone and night shift in the settings). I compared 4 different Pros with 2 different 11. I like warm white balance, but that tint is too much for me.

Anyone know if this is a bug or something? The Pro screens had better resolution and black level, but the white balance was all over the place.
It’s a common complaint on forums where people discuss such things.

kitchenmotors

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to exchange my wife’s 11 for an 11 Pro Max and they’re always sold out. And now we’re past the 14 day window.
the Apple stores by me all got in shipments on either a daily or every other day shipment basis. I checked my app constantly, stores always showed pretty ample stock in the mornings and was able to go in and do an exchange for the max. Shipping has a bit of a delay still.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

ugh can’t decide
The X takes amazing picture. The jump to 11 isn't that huge aside from better low light.
A standalone will blow both away.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It’s a common complaint on forums where people discuss such things.
Interesting. Apple should implement a white balance adjustment setting like in LGs OLED TVs. I think the 11 might be the best option for me. Ordered the black 128gb version, which will arrive on Monday. 64gb is not enough and the 11 pro is to just too small/narrow for me (the 11 pro is almost too big). So I will save some money and buy the ''cheap'' 12 or 13 if they have an OLED display later. At least 400€ saved and I can trade in my 11 so the upgrade shouldn't be too expensive next time.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Apple should implement a white balance adjustment setting like in LGs OLED TVs. I think the 11 might be the best option for me. Ordered the black 128gb version, which will arrive on Monday. 64gb is not enough and the 11 pro is to just too small/narrow for me (the 11 pro is almost too big). So I will save some money and buy the ''cheap'' 12 or 13 if they have an OLED display later. At least 400€ saved and I can trade in my 11 so the upgrade shouldn't be too expensive next time.
I ordered an 11 because the screen doesn't use PWM (high speed flicker) like the Pro's do, so I don't get eyestrain. But aside from that I like the in between size, prefer the LCD generally, and love that I could get 128GB for $50 extra.

Wanted the 11 Pro Max but it's heavy and I can't live with PWM (historically). Some that are sensitive say the 11 Pro's flicker fast enough to not bother them but I didn't want to take a chance.

I'm super happy with it in every way except the width. I was coming from a 6 Plus so it's a narrower screen.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The iPhone 11 128gb is such a good value, it’s the absolute sweet spot for price and space
I was feeling comfortable with 64GB b/c I was only using 32GB on my 6 Plus.

Have owned the 11 for what.. a couple weeks (?) and I've already bloated that up to ~43GB. I don't know if it's a trend or I'm done, but at least I have headroom for $50. The fact that you have to spend $150 to bump the storage on the Pro models really sucks.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was feeling comfortable with 64GB b/c I was only using 32GB on my 6 Plus.

Have owned the 11 for what.. a couple weeks (?) and I've already bloated that up to ~43GB. I don't know if it's a trend or I'm done, but at least I have headroom for $50. The fact that you have to spend $150 to bump the storage on the Pro models really sucks.
I want to try Apple Arcade so I would fill 64GB in no time. xD

Oct 2, 2018
So using the iPhone 11 promax and that camera is godly. It’s not perfect but I’m quite happy to use it to video everything.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
The iPhone 11 128gb is such a good value, it’s the absolute sweet spot for price and space
Absolutely. It’s why I picked the regular 11 over the pro because of the value. Best bang for your buck. The oled scree and 2x camera is not worth the extra $300 or so. Coming from the s10+ I have no issue with the display screen. Apple lcd looks amazing.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Been waiting on my order to ship now! I'm so excited... They don't ship on weekends, do they? lol

Update: It says its shipped and next day air. Would that mean I get it tomorrow?

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I've had my iPhone 11 (regular, not Pro/Pro Max) for about two, three weeks now...

Has anyone else noticed issues with the charging port? Sometimes my earbuds just don't work, and other times when I'm at home it will just randomly decide to stop charging, which is noticeable because the phone will just randomly make the charging "pong" noise like the charge process was interrupted for just long enough for the phone to realize it's stopped charging before the process reinitializes.

I've only noticed the charging issue while at home, not at work, but the audio issue seems to happen regardless of where I am. It's maybe one out of every 20 or 30 times I try to listen to audio but that's still too often to not be weird.

Mack

May 30, 2019
So I've had my iPhone 11 (regular, not Pro/Pro Max) for about two, three weeks now...

Has anyone else noticed issues with the charging port? Sometimes my earbuds just don't work, and other times when I'm at home it will just randomly decide to stop charging, which is noticeable because the phone will just randomly make the charging "pong" noise like the charge process was interrupted for just long enough for the phone to realize it's stopped charging before the process reinitializes.

I've only noticed the charging issue while at home, not at work, but the audio issue seems to happen regardless of where I am. It's maybe one out of every 20 or 30 times I try to listen to audio but that's still too often to not be weird.
Didn’t notice any issues while charging or plugging in earbuds. I suggest that you go to the nearest Apple Store and ask for assistance.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Didn’t notice any issues while charging or plugging in earbuds. I suggest that you go to the nearest Apple Store and ask for assistance.
Maybe there's something wrong with the charger I have at home and it can't keep a consistent charging signal. That can destroy the battery, can't it?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

Are you absolutely sure it's not condensed lint? Like, shove a safety pin in there.
95 out of a 100 times, issues with the lightning ports are lint that has been so condensed that it kinda feels like it's part of the port already.

And your various lightning plugs might simply have ever so slight differences in length.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any issues wireless charging through the Apple leather cases? Looking to buy a relatively cheap Qi charger for my bedside table and while I don't really care about speed I don't want to buy something that's not going to charge at all.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone had any issues wireless charging through the Apple leather cases? Looking to buy a relatively cheap Qi charger for my bedside table and while I don't really care about speed I don't want to buy something that's not going to charge at all.
It definitely works. Had on XS and 11 Max now.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Got my Rhinoshield SolidSuit case for the 11 Pro. It definitely adds some bulk and it's frankly not nearly as grippy as I was hoping it'd be (it looked rubbery in photos, but it feels like hard plastic), but I might as well pop it on and see if I hate it now that I do have it.

Does anyone here have Rhinoshield's Crashguard? I take it it's the same hard plastic as the SolidSuit, just without the back panel?

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
HELP ME DECIDE!

I'm ready to give up my iPhone 6 (yes, the original 6). I've also been stupidly clinging on to my ancient original iPhone unlimited plan which is like $110 a month. If I get a new unlimited plan I'll probably be paying $80 a month instead which leaves me enough leftover to just purchase one of these new iPhones.

But, I can't decide between the 11 or 11 Pro. $300 seems like is a big difference in price to me. I know I'm only going to be paying an additional $10 a month between the two at the end of the day but it still seems like a lot. However, I do like the smaller size of the Pro since it's about the same size of my current iPhone 6. I don't like large phones. The telephoto lens doesn't matter to me, nor does OLED although I'll admit I can see the extra crispness of the Pro's OLED screen. Why can't I decide?!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HELP ME DECIDE!

I'm ready to give up my iPhone 6 (yes, the original 6). I've also been stupidly clinging on to my ancient original iPhone unlimited plan which is like $110 a month. If I get a new unlimited plan I'll probably be paying $80 a month instead which leaves me enough leftover to just purchase one of these new iPhones.

But, I can't decide between the 11 or 11 Pro. $300 seems like is a big difference in price to me. I know I'm only going to be paying an additional $10 a month between the two at the end of the day but it still seems like a lot. However, I do like the smaller size of the Pro since it's about the same size of my current iPhone 6. I don't like large phones. The telephoto lens doesn't matter to me, nor does OLED although I'll admit I can see the extra crispness of the Pro's OLED screen. Why can't I decide?!
I’d say just get the Pro. It’s what I went with, been very happy with it. You also get better battery life between the two and soon the ability to switch video resolution and frame rate from the camera app without going into settings. At least that’s been reported as only working on Pro models in the beta branch of iOS.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I’d say just get the Pro. It’s what I went with, been very happy with it. You also get better battery life between the two and soon the ability to switch video resolution and frame rate from the camera app without going into settings. At least that’s been reported as only working on Pro models in the beta branch of iOS.
The 11 battery life is better than the 11 Pro in actual usage.

It’s all down to the size, OLED, and camera. We own one of each and I prefer the 11, but it’s a pretty personal decision.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
HELP ME DECIDE!

Next year Apple will release 3 OLED phones (rumour) and if that is true, LCD will definitely feel outdated. That's why I picked the 11 Pro. If you want to keep the phone longer than 2 years, I would definitely spend 300 bucks more. Yes, its much money, but I dont want to downgrade from my Galaxy S5 1080p AMOLED to an 800p LCD screen.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Next year Apple will release 3 OLED phones (rumour) and if that is true, LCD will definitely feel outdated. That's why I picked the 11 Pro. If you want to keep the phone longer than 2 years, I would definitely spend 300 bucks more. Yes, its much money, but I dont want to downgrade from my Galaxy S5 1080p AMOLED to an 800p LCD screen.
This is exactly the reason I chose the 11. I can't stand Apple's OLED displays.. PWM messes all of them. I hope they fix that before I need an upgrade.

I also upgraded from the 6 series, though mine was a Plus.

Oh in other news, one of my kids can open the other's iPhone XR with Face ID.

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is exactly the reason I chose the 11. I can't stand Apple's OLED displays.. PWM messes all of them. I hope they fix that before I need an upgrade.

I also upgraded from the 6 series, though mine was a Plus.
Oh, if you have health issues with PWM you should definitely pick the 11. I really like my LG OLED and cant stand grey blacks anymore. It even ruined cinemas for me. xD

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The 11 battery life is better than the 11 Pro in actual usage.

It’s all down to the size, OLED, and camera. We own one of each and I prefer the 11, but it’s a pretty personal decision.
Lol wat. Doesn’t it have a bigger battery than the regular 11? Seems like some individual test issues. Stress tests have had the Pro well beyond the 11.

emag

Oct 26, 2017
HELP ME DECIDE!

I recommend the 11 if you're at all on the fence about this.
I prefer LCD to OLED (much more than higher pixel density) and I find the 11 Pro too big to use comfortably with one hand already, so moving up to the size of the 11 isn't any worse.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Lol wat. Doesn’t it have a bigger battery than the regular 11? Seems like some individual test issues. Stress tests have had the Pro well beyond the 11.
The 11 has 3110 mAh and the 11 Pro is 3046 mAh so it's close but the 11 is higher.

I think I just read two reviews and both had the 11 with longer life. In my real world usage it's negligible at any rate but obviously I'm not trying to replicate test conditions.

Two things here.. 1) I don't really care so I won't continue any debate and 2) I trust how thorough Anandtech is with reviews.. but clearly when you test batteries you have to find a test that's repeatable and has a mix of different tasks. That mix can and will affect results.. just like actual people's usage patterns will.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
The 11 has 3110 mAh and the 11 Pro is 3046 mAh so it's close but the 11 is higher.

I think I just read two reviews and both had the 11 with longer life. In my real world usage it's negligible at any rate but obviously I'm not trying to replicate test conditions.

Two things here.. 1) I don't really care so I won't continue any debate and 2) I trust how thorough Anandtech is with reviews.. but clearly when you test batteries you have to find a test that's repeatable and has a mix of different tasks. That mix can and will affect results.. just like actual people's usage patterns will.
This video seems pretty conclusive to me. A good variety of tasks. The Pro models come out on top. Interestingly, the non Pro model gets quite hot while the others don't so that's interesting.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
This video seems pretty conclusive to me. A good variety of tasks. The Pro models come out on top. Interestingly, the non Pro model gets quite hot while the others don't so that's interesting.

Something like "set brightness to 60%" can skew the test when each phone may have completely different light output at 60%. Fixing that may in fact help the 11 Pro (don't know) but it's one example of a detail that can change the outcome of a test.

Souzetsu

Oct 25, 2017
California
Something like "set brightness to 60%" can skew the test when each phone may have completely different light output at 60%. Fixing that may in fact help the 11 Pro (don't know) but it's one example of a detail that can change the outcome of a test.
Yeah they should really set them to the same amount of nits in brightness.

Also, some of those phones have less than 100% in battery health.

Milk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Returned my 11. I was so excited but I just didn't like it as much as my 7 Plus.

Here I thought "It's smaller but the screen itself is bigger, I won't miss the Plus". And sure, the screen was taller. But the width of the screen is shorter than a 7/8 Plus, so overall to me it felt like a downgrade in screen size. I didn't even consider width when it came to that.

I adore my 7 Plus. No sense in spending $700 on a phone I don't love just as much.

My baby will go on another year. Bring on iPhone 12. Please have an in-screen fingerprint scanner k thanks.