- Nov 10, 2017
intel独显的一点消息,电脑讨论,讨论区-技术与经验的讨论 ,Chiphell - 分享与交流用户体验
Intel is gearing up for the launch of their first Xe GPU based graphics cards in 2020 but reports are that their progress isn't going well.
Intel Xe GPU Progress Allegedly Not Going Well, Currently Rumored To Feature Lower Efficiency Than Competitors
The rumor once again comes from Chiphell user "wjm47196", who has stated some key details regarding the Intel Xe GPU which is coming next year. The first thing which he points out is that progress on Intel Xe GPU isn't going well. Do keep in mind that this is the first iteration of the Xe GPU which is being talked about and not the 7nm revision which would be featured in the Ponte Vecchio graphics chip. For those who don't want to read through all of this, the following are the key points from the rumor:
- Progress Isn't Going Well on Xe GPU
- Ponte Vecchio HPC GPU May Not Launch Within the Next 2 Years (2022)
- The efficiency of Xe GPU is really low compared to competitors
- No AIB Support on Launch, only reference models for discrete graphics cards sold by Intel
- Drivers need a lot of time to improve
Fucking hell if true.
I can just see Jensen Huang laughing his ass off.