• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

How many people are considering cancelling Netflix?

ViewtifulJC

Oct 25, 2017
and miss Season 3 of the Crown? OP you crazy dawg

plus it might be the only way to watch two of this year's greatest movies, The Irishman and Marriage Story.

Oct 27, 2017
Don’t understand how Disney+ is even competition unless all you watch is family friendly content
It's really not, Hulu is more of a direct competitor to Netflix in this regard. A lot of people aren't going to find any value in Disney+ as a standalone sub for this reason primarily.

Lots of Disney stans are hoping for + to kill Netflix for some bizarre reason though.

TableBeRound

Oct 21, 2019
Netflix will soon only have their originals and Sony content, right? Everything else is moving to Disney+, Hulu, CBS All Access, HBO Max and Peacock.

L176

Jan 10, 2019
I'm Finnish, so Netflix is the only streaming service of value for us. Sad to see the Marvel series end but still has lots of the animeted series we follow (She-ra, Hilda, Dragon Prince etc.). Also the Witcher is coming, which is my most anticipated show at the moment. HBO nordic is ok for a month a year (though I don't know anymore after GoT ended). We don't even know when Disney+ is coming here.

Gunblade47

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
0 interest in supporting disney but am starting to lose my interest in netflix too so will probably cancel once the service becomes more restricted as they are hinting.

FairyEmpire

Oct 25, 2017
For now Disney+ will consist of 99% of stuff already available before and elsewhere. Netflix has shittons of original content of proven quality. So no, not dropping Netflix for now. Disney+'s original content has to prove itself to be good (just because it's Star Wars, Marvel, etc. doesn't mean it's necessarily worth it) before I jump in, let alone drop other services I own.

Disney + has literally nothing I care about, don't like sci fi at all and couldn't care less about star wars or marvel and don't see myself ever getting Disney+. Netflix has far more variety and things I enjoy.

If they make a Hannah Montana reboot then that changes things possibly.

Emily

Oct 24, 2017
Disney+ won't single-handedly kill Netflix. Because Disney+ is primarily family-friendly content.

However, Netflix will have an actual problem on their hands when they starting losing adult content to Hulu, HBO Max, and Peacock.

I'm keeping my Netflix subscription for now. There's still a bunch of shows that I watch on there.

Last edited:

0VERBYTE

Nov 1, 2017
I dont agree. Netflix actually has the pockets and some freedom to go after some properties outside of what disney can do. So does Prime....thats why i keep them. Still hoping for a nintendo deal with Zelda and Samus shows.

harSon

Oct 30, 2017
It would take a combination of streaming services to match the amount of content I consume from Netflix, and thus, not fiscally feasible to do so.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Netflix has totally sucked for a long time and I let my sub run through during the summer. There’s not a single thing I feel like I’ve missed. It’s like when you were in blockbuster and there was that aisle of movies that made you think “who the fuck would watch that?” except in subscription form. Netflix can eat my ass

Skyejack

Oct 30, 2019
Netflix has totally sucked for a long time and I let my sub run through during the summer. There’s not a single thing I feel like I’ve missed. It’s like when you were in blockbuster and there was that aisle of movies that made you think “who the fuck would watch that?” except in subscription form. Netflix can eat my ass
I give you your average Disney Plus fan.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already getting these streaming services, including Netflix, at a monthly basis. I get a month of whatever has the stuff I want to watch. I will not keep an automatic subscription on any of them.

I will use the 7 day trial of Amazon Prime Video when the full Star Trek Picard series is out. I will use a free trial or one month of Disney+ to watch all Marvel movies because I haven't seen any of them.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i can understand cancelling your netflix sub because of its lackluster content, but then saying it's because you want to subscribe to disney+??

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
for what though? =x hulu is pretty good but not a necessity to keep as a running sub IMO, same for prime.

disney+ original content isn't near compelling enough to get me in. i dont care to binge everything i've ever seen from the disney vault all over again and when i do, its going to be there.

hbo max's catalog is looking good but the original content left a lot for me to be desired for, or its so far off it wont be a consideration for sometime.

the only new streaming service to actually have original content as a focus from start is apple...

honestly though, you could cycle through any of these streaming services for 2-3 months and get your fill before going back to a different service. im not sure many of them offer enough content to everyones taste to argue they are a must keep sub. i'll say netflix seems to try the hardest at covering as many bases as possible monthly.

overall the entire market is going to be so saturated in content (much of it seemingly no one is asking for) within a year plus, who knows whats going to happen...

Babyshaq90

Oct 28, 2017
My wife told me last night that we might cancel Netflix in a few months since all she watches with consistency is friends and Disney stuff. So once friends is removed we don’t have a reason to keep subscribed.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Nop, I like far too many exclusive netflix content for that, the variety of it and where it comes from keep surprising me ( among other things they have amazing korean series with things like Kingdom, Misaeng and Chief of staff )

Linkark07

Oct 25, 2017
First, Disney+ isn't being released in LatAm next week. Second, don't have plans to unsubscribe to Netflix; Disney+ doesn't entice me at all. With Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, I'm good.

Whiterose

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Disney+ and HBO Max may become a norm for me in 5 years, but for now Netflix is great when shared in Family. Need to see how friendly Disney+ and HBO Max is.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'll cancel it if they crack down on sharing account info like the article I read. They are considering requiring fingerprint authentication (WTF this isn't a banking app), having a text message authentication everytime you start watching something, requiring weekly password changes, etc. All ridiculous and I only share my password with my sister who lives in another city.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is D+ amywhere near Netflix in terms of original content? You kidding me?

Joke's on you for that 3 year sub. What were you thinking?

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix is still by far the best streaming service available. For the past year I have always had something new and good to watch.
HBO has been good lately with Watchmen and His Dark Materials (and a bunch of their older stuff).
Apple TV is not interesting right now but may be in the future, specially for the cheap price.
I’m not interested in Disney’s catalog and they haven’t proved themselves with their original programming. I want to watch Mandalorian, sure, but I’m not yet sure if the Marvel shows will be that good or essential.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I cancelled a month ago. I wasn't using it much. I'll wait until theres a few shows I want to watch. When Hi Score girl and Carole & Tuesday season 2 drops I'll sign up again.