• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

How many people are considering cancelling Netflix?

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not. Netflix's original programming is too damn good to ever drop my sub.

Netflix, Prime and HBO Max will be my 3 main streaming services and I'll get Disney+ as well though it may be dropped if they don't pump out some decent stuff outside of Marvel and Star Wars. It's great if you have a family and want to use it as a babysitter but the lack of more mature genres and the heavy MCU and Star Wars focus on original series isn't overly appealing.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
The only streaming service that actually offers worthwhile content in my country? Yeah, no, I'm keeping it.

Denman

Apr 21, 2018
Netflix has had some amazing original content over the last few years. Unbelievable, When they see Us, Fyre festival, and even fun b-movies like In The Tall Grass and Eli.

Netflix is great. Screw the haters.

Altera

Nov 1, 2017
I like it and probably won't cancel it in the near future. I have no interest in Disney+ at the moment however.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I stopped it 2 or 3 months ago. Probably will resub for December for Dolomite, Dragon Prince, and Witcher then drop it again. Gonna upgrade my hulu to the Disney espn bundle on Tuesday.

JDSN

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why would I? The service is great in my country and the price is fair. I don't get the motive of this thread.

funky

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna cancel after that Witcher show drops.

Its hard for me to get invested in any of the originals since they all seem to get cancelled after 2 seasons if they are not mega hits like Stranger Things or OITNB. I have been gradually using it less and less as a result.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If they get more gem movies like Dolemite is My Name or The Irishman, then I’ll have a hard time cancelling the service. May downgrade it to the 1080p package, though.

Figgles

Oct 30, 2017
I’ll just rotate them as needed. 95% of the content on all of these services is garbage. They all have good content I’m interested in though.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I hope they have more projects then.
Same here. Unbelievable show and can't wait to see how they handle the
alternate future
plot in the final season.

I do understand why they want to wrap it up after 3 seasons though... it's a lot to juggle from a plot perspective without making it too convoluted which they've avoided doing pretty masterfully.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I have Netflix and HbO. I will sub to Disney (If it ever comes to Latam) to watch the mandalorian and endgame (Haven't seen it yet), but cancel afterwards.
I don't care much about marvel, and the new Star wars movies are a bit meh.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Nah, I'm keeping it for things, movies I still want to see. Still want to finish up Bojack Horseman, catch up on Power Rangers, plus I'm sharing with my parents. It's Amazon Prime Video I'm thinking of cancelling.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Why would I? The service is great in my country and the price is fair. I don't get the motive of this thread.
4k netflix has gotten very expensive in the US and it's hemorrhaging content with the pending launches of other services. It's a question that is only relevant in certain territories at the moment but with the pending launch of lots of other services people are going to have to choose.

Stygr

Oct 26, 2017
Disney+ ain't coming until March 2020 and I don't care about Marvel and Star Wars stuff.

And I've already watched all Disney movies years ago, the good ones.

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix has had some amazing original content over the last few years. Unbelievable, When they see Us, Fyre festival, and even fun b-movies like In The Tall Grass and Eli.

Netflix is great. Screw the haters.
The original series content is unbelievable lately. Mindhunter, Dark, Sex Education, Haunting Of, The Crown, Russian Doll, American Vandal for dramas. When They See Us and Unbelievable are some of the best miniseries ever produced for television.

The King, Two Popes, The Irishman and Marriage Story coming for films.

I mean, that's an absurd embarrassment of riches. It may take Disney+ 5 years to compete with half of what's on that list from an original programming standpoint.

Justumhm

Oct 27, 2017
For a lot of us around the world, it's the only option worth anything, so .. yeah ...
You either Netflix or you don't, the different options problem I read about here seems like a nice problem to have all things considered lol.

Skyejack

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
For what? Men in tights and cartoons? Nah. Hell, Apple TV is considered a joke and it already has four more exclusive shows I’m interested in than Disney has. Netflix demolishes Disney and everyone else in quality and quantity. Disney fanboys are hilariously out of touch thinking Netflix is in trouble.

EDebs1916

Oct 28, 2017
When Disney launches? No. When HBO Max launches, there’s a decent chance. Hulu, Disney+ and HBO Max might be enough to only pay for a month of Netflix/year to catch up on the handful of originals I like.

brinstar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering cancelling it once Parks and Rec goes, but it's getting Seinfeld eventually... I'm probably just gonna start only paying for streaming when I actually want to watch something rather than leaving it up all the time because there's too much now.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I still think Hulu and Netflix are the best two. I have very little interest in Disney+.

If any execs are watching I still want all of you bastards to get together and make a big umbrella app/site and allow me to subscribe to your different services from within it as opposed to all of you guys charging on different days, having different apps, yadda, yadda.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Cancelled it months ago. I don't watch tv enough to be worth it. My spotify hulu student deal is almost up and I'll drop both for just Amazon music unlimited since prime members are cheaper. The only tv I really watch is old wrestling content on WWE network and YouTube videos.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Mindhunter, Bojack, documentaries, Maniac, original sci-fi shows, Stranger Things, comedy specials, tons of detective shows...

Laserdisk

May 11, 2018
UK
What with Disney+ coming next week (I upped for 3yrs for $140) and all the other streaming services out there, Netflix just doesn’t seem to hold the same value it once did. I have the $17/mo plan for 4K- I find myself watching less and less of their content. Too much crap. I’m considering just subscribing for a month at a time when they add shows/seasons I’m interested in.

Anyone else?
Mindhunter and The Irishman are not on Disney Plus.
In 40 years when Disney hits the UK, I may go for it

Br3wnor

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Once I finish Frasier I’m gonna unsub for a while. I have Fios and basic cable plus HBO and Prime so I always have something to watch. Netflix just isn’t worth what it costs now if you have other content providers. If it’s all you have then it’s still a good value.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere near even thinking about canceling Netflix yet. MAYBE next year, but even then maybe not.

Netflix has such a variety of content from R-rated to PG. So I’d only be interested in a commercial free Hulu and Disney+ combo bundle. Plus I don’t think I’m a fan of the weekly release schedule for TV shows on Disney+. Even all the international stuff on Netflix, I don’t know how the other services will compare.

Netflix has been my main service for so long I’m familiar with it and know what to expect. The new services are just promises right now. Basically I’m going to give all the new streaming services a year or so before I even think about canceling and replacing Netflix.

Until then I can always just subscribe for a month, binge what I want and then cancel for another year or so. If the new streaming services can start pumping out new content that I’m interested in on a regular and consistent basis only then will I consider changing my subscribe and cancel plans. ...and maybe even replacing Netflix.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Watched and enjoyed La Víctima Número 8 from Spain, Marcella and Paranoid from the UK and Ad Vitam from France.

If people think Netflix only has House of Cards and Stranger Things, that's okay, but I'm definitely getting a lot from my money watching shows like that.

Oh, and Trapped from Iceland as well, used to complain about the lack of horror stuff in Netflix but they really got me with my crime genre fix.
Trapped is really good. That’s the thing, resetera is mostly American and the taste for “foreign” shows just isn’t there.

Ether_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
I usually sign up for a month, watch the few things I want to watch, then unsubscribe. Watched El Camino, a Chappelle and Bill Burr show, waiting for The Irishmen, then I don't know if there's anything that will keep me subscribed. Maybe The Witcher, but doubtful, so I'll likely come back later, maybe when they have s4 of Better Call Saul.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I will cancel when i don't have any more shows I wanna watch, for now more keeps getting added every week than I can keep up. It feels more and more though its skewing towards real crap, like before it was 3-4 shows a week I'd go "huh... that looks good... add to My List" while now it feels more like 3-4/month.

I'd expect sometime in 2020 to cancel for 7-10 months of the year and sub for 3-4. Same with HBO. Maybe Disney+ too. I'm not in the Apple ecosystem so no real interest in Apple TV.

Agar25

Apr 12, 2018
Waaaaay too much content for me to drop, love their animated shows and constant food reality shows. I’m more whaaa at people already giving Disney their money for 3 years lol

neonglow

Oct 25, 2017
I just rotate subscriptions. I'll resub when there's something interesting I want to watch on each.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I don't pay for Netflix, I use my brother's account. I'll be paying for Disney+ and letting him use my account. Paying for both seems like a waste if you can share with someone instead.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Hell no. I'd miss out on awesome shit like Money Heist and Marianne. Their foreign series they dub/sub are enough on their own.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix always has a few things I want to watch, and plenty of oddball shows I'm not opposed to trying out when I randomly come across them.

Disney is the one that doesn't have anything I want to watch for at least another year, and even then it's going to two, maybe three things.

Oct 25, 2017
I’m not subbed to begin with. I don’t really watch television outside HBO reruns. Once House of Cards fizzled out, I didn’t see a reason to sub.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Netflix is still great value. I just finished the latest season of Peaky Blinders, and I have plenty of stuff on my list. We'll probably get Disney+ for a couple of months in the summer to watch a couple of their shows. I could certainly understand people doing it the other way around, i.e. having Disney+ for the year and Netflix for a couple of months.

I don't know how people run out of things to watch on Netflix, unless it's their primary source of entertainment (and I include video games in that). And if that's the case, then it must be phenomenal value for all that viewing. I watch about an hour a day and can't keep up.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
No, I enjoy Netflix's content, but also, Disney isn't launching in my country for a few years at best so it's not like that has any weight for me.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love when I find something I never heard about with actors I love in a Netflix original. No other service give me that, so I’m keeping it.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Don’t understand how Disney+ is even competition unless all you watch is family friendly content

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
netflix is pretty much "tv" now... you get a lot of shit, lot of good, some stuff just for background noise

some legit reasons for unsubbing but a lot of temper tantrums in this regard, a lot of people complaining will never stay un-subbed i bet

Last edited: