• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

How many people are considering cancelling Netflix?

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
What with Disney+ coming next week (I upped for 3yrs for $140) and all the other streaming services out there, Netflix just doesn’t seem to hold the same value it once did. I have the $17/mo plan for 4K- I find myself watching less and less of their content. Too much crap. I’m considering just subscribing for a month at a time when they add shows/seasons I’m interested in.

Anyone else?

Oct 27, 2017
Considering? I cancelled that shit months ago and only used a month trial for stranger things.

Netflix is too damn expensive for 4K and has been hemorrhaging content

TaySan

Dec 10, 2018
Can't cancel something you were never subbed to in the first place. :p
I'm subscribed to nothing at the moment.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix has far more value to me than Disney+ by far right now. Hulu is the service I've got and that will give me stuff more along my tastes.

Donald Draper

Feb 2, 2019
Seems to me Netflix and Disney + would make better supplement services to each other than competing. You're not getting any adult aimed content on Disney+ and there just isn't enough original content to even be anywhere close to Netflix sheer volume.

HBO Max however seems like direct competition to Netflix.

I'm not considering cancelling though because netflix has too much good content for me to even keep up with. I'm constantly months behind on shows and movies. People that say theirs nothing to watch always makes me scratch my head personally. Maybe they just have very very narrow tastes.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet. I want to catch Irishman. If Witcher turns out to be garbage, I might be done. There are more upcoming projects that interest me. I jut wish it wasn’t so damn expensive.

Prime and HBO has me covered for a good long while.

Always strange to hear that D+ is causing folks to cancel Netflix. Unless you have kids, it’s gonna be barren until those Marvel shows hit in two-three years

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I only pay for a month here and there anyway; I don't stay constantly subscribed. Will likely do the same for Disney+ when it arrives in the UK.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Even with Netflix, amazon prime, CBS, Disney+, Hulu and HBOmax, I’m still cheaper than Netflix, Amazon prime and cable.

so I’m still winning at the pocketbook

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I like at the upcoming originals list there is generally something to keep me subbed coming up on top of the normal re-watch stuff. Right now it's The Irishman and needing to finish Bojack.

I'll get a month of Disney when the Mandalorian is finishing then cancel it (if it actually delivers), same as I do HBO and such once or twice a year.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Never subscribed with anything myself that I watch (I got my family Hotstar for their Indian shows and news) until well...few days ago.

Signed up for Disney+ last week - cant wait :)!

a916

Oct 25, 2017
No, not yet.

Maybe in the future? But Disney is kind of dipping their toe in and only one project for this year interests me. The old stuff is cool though.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Watched and enjoyed La Víctima Número 8 from Spain, Marcella and Paranoid from the UK and Ad Vitam from France.

If people think Netflix only has House of Cards and Stranger Things, that's okay, but I'm definitely getting a lot from my money watching shows like that.

Oh, and Trapped from Iceland as well, used to complain about the lack of horror stuff in Netflix but they really got me with my crime genre fix.

jelly

Oct 26, 2017
I do go through gaps were I don't watch anything but then comes along a few shows that I watch and there is always something for the kids.

Oct 27, 2017
I’ve been mulling it for a while. I use HBO Now way more and I find myself not really caring about or enjoying the vast majority of Netflix Originals.

John Dunbar

Oct 25, 2017
not because of any other streaming service, but i've pretty much exhausted all the content i find interesting on this run. i'll resub for a couple months in a year or two after my current month ends.

May 10, 2018
I am. I would keep it if they lowered the 4K price if that meant only having one user on the account.

My mom said I could use hers but I doubt I will. Only thing I’m currently watching on Netflix is Haikyuu.

Disney+, Hulu with ads & ESPN+ seems like a better deal for me.

stuckpixel

Dec 27, 2017
I literally cancelled my subscription ten minutes ago, after seeing a Diney + reminder on ESPN during the Minnesota / Penn State game. Also canceled CBS All Access. Have a free year to Apple TV+, plus signed up for three years of Disney +, Those two coupled with Amazon Prime and Hulu should keep me entertained for a long while.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Watched and enjoyed La Víctima Número 8 from Spain, Marcella and Paranoid from the UK and Ad Vitam from France.

If people think Netflix only has House of Cards and Stranger Things, that's okay, but I'm definitely getting a lot from my money watching shows like that.
Yeah the amount of great foriegn content can't be understated. It's a huge draw for me that even HBO Max can't compete with.

hydruxo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't stay subbed to it month over month. I just sub here and there when there's a new season or movie I want to watch on there then turn off auto-renewal afterwards.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Cancelled mine a couple of months ago. I only really used it for Mindhunter and Bojack 🐎-man. Also used it to play Friends as background noise when I am at home.

sHitman

Dec 17, 2017
As long as I can share it with 3 other people and pay like 3.75 a month I don't see me unsubscribing.

Also the whole subscription market really pushes me away from streaming all together.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Netflix is a pretty amazing value no matter how salty people get that they don’t have the same mega popular sitcoms and blockbuster movies we’ve all seen a hundred times anymore.

Their constant production of new and interesting IP, even if some meh, is much more appealing anyway.

disney+ will only be interesting to me for the same reason. I don’t want something to watch the classics, I want new content.