• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

How does ERA like their steaks?

How do you eat your steak?

• Rare

Votes: 84 11.2%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 406 54.4%
  • Medium

Votes: 139 18.6%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 54 7.2%
  • Well Done (You monster)

Votes: 64 8.6%

• Total voters

Sesha

Oct 25, 2017
Cremated.

Anything less than well done tends to makes my stomach upset for the remainder of the day, besides just not tasting all that well.

That said, I'm starting to lose my taste for any kind of steak. I eat steak a lot, but only about once a year do I eat a steak that I truly find delicious. Every other time it's okay at best. And whether or not I'm the one making seems to be completely coincidental (and I rarely make them myself anymore).

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Medium.

I used to do well done since that's what my parents always made, but my first medium steak was a game changer. I stopped using sauces once I started eating medium, too.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Medium rare for me. I'd like to give a rare a try, but probably only at a legit steak house with a prime cut of meat.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Medium rare is perfect for me, but I'll take it either side. For me once it's past medium it loses the flavour and texture that I like.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Rare. At a good steakhouse that knows how to cook a rare steak and still get the outside crispy, there is legit no better taste on earth.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Medium to well done depending on the type of meat and where I'm at. Some places tend to classify things a "grade" rarer than I would (I.e. I find that if I want medium well at an Outback steakhouse, I likely need to get a well done steak) and some are better at a rarer "grade" ( I prefer prime rib at medium). The texture of meat that's anything less than medium just feels wrong to me and I can't eat it.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Rare on this poll. Disappointed that there's no "blue" in the choices... When you show the steak a flame from a distance.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Well done. I can handle a little pink, but I don't like it. My dad likes his medium rare. It's still bleeding and almost still mooing. I don't see how anyone can eat meat that uncooked.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I ask for medium. I would like medium rare if it looked like the opportunity but it never does. Usually way worse than the rare when I order.