• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

How does ERA like their steaks?

How do you eat your steak?

• Rare

Votes: 84 11.2%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 406 54.4%
  • Medium

Votes: 139 18.6%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 54 7.2%
  • Well Done (You monster)

Votes: 64 8.6%

• Total voters

-PXG-

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Medium

Anything more than that, you done fucked up. Slightly annoying that my GF likes everything well done. But whatever...if she wants to ruin her meat, so be it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Medium rare for sure.

A perfect rare can be amazing, but I've noticed that most places will undercook rare more than I like to the point that it's almost blue, so I stick to the tried and true.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Medium rare is my preferred doneness but I always rate at restaurants because I’ll always prefer undercooked to overcooked.

Some cuts need to be cooked to medium rare or higher. Fatty cuts and very well marbled steaks in particular will be far more tender when cooked to medium rare or medium since the the fat needs to render down. You don’t want to be eating a wagyy ribeye rare. Other cuts like hangar steak also need to be cooked to medium unless you want a really chewy steak. It really depends on the cut.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I don't eat steak but if I did it would be well done. I don't eat steak because I cannot eat beef in any form, it makes me very sick.

Last edited:

Figgles

Oct 30, 2017
Medium to rare depending on the cut.

If you cook it more than that, do the rest of us a favor and stop driving up the prices. Switch to dried out chicken breasts.

Mystic

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the establishment. If it's a gourmet steak house that knows what they are doing then I'll order rare. If it's a major chain then medium.