Hobby Lobby told managers to 'make every effort to continue working the employees' and denied employees paid sick leave.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
wow they want people to use all their on personal days and benefits.

In a memo sent to store managers on March 23 that was obtained by Business Insider, Randy Betts, Hobby Lobby's vice president of store operations, wrote that the company "is going to make every effort to continue working the employees." In cases of illness, Betts wrote that sick workers would be required to use personal paid time off and vacation pay or take an "unpaid leave of absence until further notice."

According to the memo, if a store is required to close because of a state or federal mandate, employees will first be required to use "all available paid time off benefits." After those resources are depleted, workers will be eligible for "emergency pay" that is 75% of their regular rate of pay, and the payments will be made not based on scheduled shifts, but rather "on the average hours during the previous six weeks."

Stop It

Oct 25, 2017
Working the employees?

What is this, 1897?

Fucking absurd. I hope there's a special place in hell for people like this, Ashley and Martin (Sports Direct and Wetherspoons). Employers who treat their people like disposable trash at every opportunity even in a crisis.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I have no idea who these fuckers are but I suggest that everyone makes a note of companies like this who treat their staff like fucking shit, and remember it once this crisis has been resolved.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't these fuck faces be given the same treatment as the ass blasters who decide to cough on everything? Because I fucking think they should be.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea who these fuckers are but I suggest that everyone makes a note of companies like this who treat their staff like fucking shit, and remember it once this crisis has been resolved.
They are a shitty Hobby store,not saying all hobby stores are shitty but these bastards are the worse.

Last edited:

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Hobby Lobby even open???? It's the definition of nonessential business...
You cant get food or medicine unless you count candy at checkout

Violence Jack

Oct 25, 2017
All Hobby Lobby stores should burn to the ground. Calling yourself Christian but can't take barely a chunk of your billions to take care of those less fortunate.

Shouldn't they be forced to close now anyway since they aren't essential? If they don't, fine them every single day they stay open.

Jecht

Oct 25, 2017
And honestly, this is one of the better policies I've seen compared to some other corps. It's so disgusting.