Hillary Clinton: Bernie Sanders ‘was a career politician’, ‘he got nothing done’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way less then most of us was saying in the Bernie Mississippi thread! Or is ”We should be critical of our leaders" mantra only come into play when it's not Bernie?
Should always be critical.

Because she is “trying” to influence the election against Sanders. She is an active political figure.
And that is her right as a private citizen.

It doesn't matter if she's running or not. Giving interviews where she gives the people who still like her permission to not vote for the Democratic nominee depending on who it is is shameful. People are just expressing how embarrassed they are of someone they once voted for.
Her experience is probably a bit more personal here and one I won’t agree with if she ends up not endorsing a potential Bernie nomination.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Talk about being a sore loser, this is what happens when you think you deserve to win just because of who you are and you live in denial the rest of your life blaming everyone and everything else for your own very clear failures.

Surface of Me

Oct 25, 2017
You dodged it completely to talk about Hillary Clinton rather than what occurred under Bernie's watch.
You are the one dodging here bud. You brought up Bernie's "apathy" in response to someone rightfully pointing out Hilary's protection of sexual predators.

Clinton is an MVP at shielding sexual abusers.
While Bernie is "to busy" to care about the issue at all. It took a large amount fo female staffers meeting with him years later before it would become a priority for his presidential campaigns. Hillary's terrible history with this but it pales to Bernie's apathy.
This is some of the most blatant bad faith arguing I've seen here in a while.

V_Arnold

Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
This is the perfect type of endorsement that was sorely needed. Thanks, Hillary. Thanks for panicking and not knowing what to do against Sanders this time. Keep doing what you are doing, it works.

I guess trying to paint Bernie as a sexist last week didn't stick so now they have to bring out the big guns.
Next up: Obama. Because he is more scared of someone enacting actual change than a second Trump term.

SoZetaSlow

Sep 20, 2019
The vitriol in dem-related threads is so bad I wonder how many would rather vote for Trump, or not vote at all, than to vote for a dem they've been bashing for a year. The mature thing would be to vote for whoever is Trump's opponent, but I'm not seeing much maturity on display in dem-related threads or discussion online. 12% of Bernie supporters voted for Trump last time. Shit is worrying, despite articles claiming that won't happen again this time.
This is a genuine concern yeah, I think I've seen polls of all the current candidates supporters chances of voting trump if they don't get their first choice and I think it was two camps got above 10% of their supporters who would.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
nothing which is why I just quoted that part, I don't like the idea of implying that people from other countries don't have a horse in US politics.

I mean the rest of what you said wasn't great either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fair enough. So here goes: I don't like Clinton and I think she's a millstone around the neck of your ostensibly left-wing party the same way Tony Blair haunts Labour like a vampire. I do like Sanders, and I personally share a lot of his ideals. God knows American politics needs a viable left. As does UK politics.

I still don't see the problem with saying that Sanders has a scant record of legislative success, though. And I think people who are expecting a sudden revolution if he's voted in should at least acknowledge that track record - no matter how irritating the person is who's pointing it out.

Brock Reiher

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should always be critical.
And that is her right as a private citizen.
Her experience is probably a bit more personal here and one I won’t agree with if she ends up not endorsing a potential Bernie nomination.
Of course she has a right to say it. But it has influence and that's why people are calling it out. Again, it has nothing to do with her running in an election. If Obama came out and said the same stuff he would be met with the same response.

lmcfigs

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You are the one dodging here bud. You brought up Bernie's "apathy" in response to someone rightfully pointing out Hilary's protection of sexual predators.

This is some of the most blatant bad faith arguing I've seen here in a while.
It’s just so weird to bring this up to defend Clinton. Like how many years did she spend demeaning her husband’s victims?

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I still don't see the problem with saying that Sanders has a scant record of legislative success, though. And I think people who are expecting a sudden revolution if he's voted in should at least acknowledge that track record - no matter how irritating the person is who's pointing it out.
that's not what I'm mad at, his record is fair game.

not pleding fucking IMMEDIATELY you'll endorse him if he wins? shit heel move.

Oct 26, 2017
You could argue the Drone Program/Drone War in the Pakistani border, which was essentially backed by the Pakistani government was effective in dismantling key terrorist leadership and had a major impact on recruitment, the results can be seen today in the fall of organized activity in the region where the Drone Program mainly operated, which peaked in 08-13.

The CIA being in charge of the program for years with a major lack of oversight, based on what I read, was one of the core fundamental issues. Once the military branches took more charge of the program overall strikes dropped as well as greater oversight, although oversight still depends on the administration giving a fuck

Madison

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Any conversation about Hillary Clinton becomes both amusing and frustrating when her supporters avoid talking about her dismissal of victims and her being chummy with war criminals

Jun 20, 2019
I’m glad Clinton won’t blanket endorse someone who she fundamentally disagrees with just because they win a party nomination. That’s standing in principles.

Neoweee

Oct 25, 2017
Even if he doesn't become the nominee, he will have had more of an impact on politics than her.
How delusional must you be to actually believe this. Are you white? A dude? Do you live outside the US? Are you under the age of thirty?

Saying something like this totally outs a person's political experience and perspective.

Bernie must have really burned all his bridges in DC because it really seems pathological how much he gets attacked by all the establishment.
That's most of what he's accomplished since the 80s.

She's one of the main reasons many people think the Democratic party is center/center-right.

Don't think her endorsement would carry much weight in the current climate. Which Bernie has helped shape.
She's also more liberal than Democratic nominees tend to be, at least since the advent of the primary system (more liberal than Bill, Obama, Carter, at least.)

If people want to arbitrarily shift the political spectrum between 2008 and 2016, that's on them, not on her.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
She's one of the main reasons many people think the Democratic party is center/center-right.

Don't think her endorsement would carry much weight in the current climate. Which Bernie has helped shape.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn’t going to post in this thread because it’s a shit show, but fuck Glenn Greenwald. Essentially claiming that anyone who doesn’t like Bernie is a Russian operative? “The democrats are the real villains!” This dude is just trying to lock in those Tucker Carlson guest spots now isn’t he? Fuck him.

edit: if he’s being sarcastic, OK. But I don’t think a guy who caters to being the “level headed lefty” for the Fox propaganda machine really deserves the benefit of the doubt.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I’m glad Clinton won’t blanket endorse someone who she fundamentally disagrees with just because they win a party nomination. That’s standing in principles.
do I have irony poisoning?

I wasn’t going to post in this thread because it’s a shit show, but fuck Glenn Greenwald. Essentially claiming that anyone who doesn’t like Bernie is a Russian operative? “The democrats are the real villains!” This dude is just trying to lock in those Tucker Carlson guest spots now isn’t he? Fuck him.
do you really not understand why that tweet is funny?

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Any conversation about Hillary Clinton becomes both amusing and frustrating when her supporters avoid talking about her dismissal of victims and her being chummy with war criminals
It's because they're a cult more than anything. Their queen is beyond criticism. It's very Trump-like if you ask me.

SoZetaSlow

Sep 20, 2019
I mean so far it's less avoiding and more thinking it okay when she and Obama did this shit and bad if anyone else did

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao

Nora

Oct 25, 2017
this thread sure drew out the centrists, lordy lord what awful posts. can't believe people here are #stillwithher lmao

anyway, Hillary should do something useful and fuck off forever

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Ah yes, it's her fault people didn't vote for her and fell for the obvious sexist propaganda machine and her endless email "corruption" (after winning the popular vote by millions)
Yeah, it is her fault for not campaigning nearly enough in those 3 Midwest states that she lost by a hair.

If her campaign had a hint of competency maybe she would be in the White House right now.

Madison

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Saying something like this totally outs a person's political experience and perspective.
Its 100% true. Bernie"s impact in the politics of the world are far and above what Hillary has accomplished. Hillary will be remembered for losing both of her shots at the presidency while Bernie"s leadership has inspired a generation of politicians. Please remember that the day AOC gets elected president.

Nephrahim

Jun 9, 2018
Ah yes, it's her fault people didn't vote for her and fell for the obvious sexist propaganda machine and her endless email "corruption" (after winning the popular vote by millions)
I mean.... Who else's fault would it be? The world's?

Ultimately her campaign losing is her fault. You can't blame reality for not conforming to you, if you're telling the truth or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.