Halo: Reach MCC |OT| Reaching back into the MCC without an MC

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so if i already have mcc on one x, i can pay ten for this?

and where, exactly, do i do that? will be a typical chore to find on the store?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn I'm excited for this. Really hope it'll be as fun as it was back in the day.

Oct 25, 2017
Has 343 or Microsoft announced any mod support on PC? I've seen some silly mod videos, but because Microsoft Store (Game Pass) doesn't allow modding without developer action it would suck to miss out.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I always thought the Reach MP was hella wack back in the day, but I also quit playing before all the TU's and maybe playing on PC with an uncapped framerate and those updated TU settings will change my opinion so I'll give it another shot.

Campaign was always great, though.

itsamiracle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Steam version of the DLC is standalone or does it is require also the MCC collection? I'll probably start it on gamepass anyway, but it'll be nice to know for future reference.

JaseC

Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The Steam version of the DLC is standalone or does it is require also the MCC collection? I'll probably start it on gamepass anyway, but it'll be nice to know for future reference.
You don't need to purchase the whole collection to play Reach, if that's what you're asking. It can be purchased individually on Steam, and this will also be true of the other games when they go up on the store.

itsamiracle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so if I only buy the Reach DLC, MCC will also be added to my account, just without the other 4-5 games?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so if I only buy the Reach DLC, MCC will also be added to my account, just without the other 4-5 games?
Yeah. MCC is the launcher. You will get it no matter what. Then every game is a DLC within the launcher. You can buy them all already and play when they are done for 40 bucks. Or buy every title seperate (for 10 bucks or 5 bucks for ODST) when they launch.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
For new and returning Xbox One players that only want to play Reach:

Game becomes "Ready to Play" at arround ~3GB and you can then launch into the game and customize your install however you'd like.

Simply launch the game after it's "Ready to Play" and navigate to Options & Career -> Settings -> Gameplay -> Change Installed Games.

You will find this screen:

Reach is still missing from this screen, so you'll have to navigate to this screen whenever the patch/update hits.

marzoo

Jun 1, 2018
never played any halo story before. so im ready! what time does it unlock on steam?

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Warning for new players: If you match with FUNKNOWN on your team go ahead and pencil in a loss.

Honolulu Blue

Oct 27, 2017
Reach is the only one I haven't played, is only £6.99 and I've only recently built a new PC.

Yeah, to say I'm happy and that this was an easy purchase would be an understatement.

BeImonkey

Dec 9, 2017
Would you guys say it's good story / gameplay wise to go from Halo 1 to Halo Reach, then later Halo 2+3? Trying to decide what order to play games with my husband after he has already played the original Halo 1 a few years ago.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Would you guys say it's good story / gameplay wise to go from Halo 1 to Halo Reach, then later Halo 2+3? Trying to decide what order to play games with my husband after he has already played the original Halo 1 a few years ago.
The story goes like this - Reach, Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4 and Halo 5.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I would really play the Master Chief games back to back. Reach can either go at the start or after.

AceParty

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Probably my most played game ever with 60+ days of game time back in the day. I am inheritor on Reach X360 and can't wait to play back this game in a clean quality (finally the horrible motion blur is removed)
Remember Reach folks!

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's hard to say, I plan on playing the entire series with a friend that's never played any halo to completion, and I've been thinking about it, but my idea's release order, not because of story, but because of the gameplay progression.