• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes, 32 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

GTFO: 4 player co-op horror shooter from former Overkill developers (Payday)

Keasar

Oct 25, 2017
Skövde, Sweden
Surprised not to find a thread to this.

A new studio called 10 Chambers, made out of former members of Overkill, developers of the Payday series, announced their first game during The Game Awards called GTFO.

That's not an abbreviation, that's the name.

Looks cool, gives me some Alien Swarm vibes.

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I could have sworn this was announced ages ago? I remember there being scorn towards the childish name? Or am I remembering wrong? Old age, man...

Pilgrimzero

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought it was an Aliens game. Then I heard the Irish guy and thought “Is that Atlas!?!! Are we getting another Bioshock?”

Then I saw it was all new. Hopefully it’s cool. Looks cool. Reminds me I need to play more L4D and Warhammer

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Such a stupid name. Screams dudebro. Project Octopath Traveler is a better name than this.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Not sure if Im hyped...
Questionable name.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Im all in for this.

I need more co-op games in my life.
Announce split screen co-op with bots for when i want to play offline and I am hard sold.

McBryBry

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool and I like the name. Sure its "dudebro" as stated above but it works for the type of game, and is direct to the point.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks really interesting, my friends and I agreed we'd keep our eyes on it.

But man, that name is TERRIBLE.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I think the name is perfect for what it's going for. As I said in the TGA thread, Payday filled a Left 4 Dead sized hole in my gaming diet, this looks even closer up that alley than ever. And in keeping with the Left 4 Dead comparison...they both have absurdly dumb names yet appropriate to the type of game they're going for.

KDR_11k

Nov 10, 2017
I guess their lawyers said that "take off and nuke it from orbit" wouldn't work as a name.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Looks a lot like Killing Floor or Payday with aliens - expected, but still, nothing really stands out about the game. I found Payday/2 super repetitive, so I would hope they have some sort of gimmick or mechanic to separate it from the pack.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Game itself looks fun, Killing Floor in space, but what in the world were they thinking with that name?

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully not a paydaywithanewskin like RAID
Realistically, it took them just a few months to announce, release and abandon Raid. Are we expecting this game to be anything else but a different theme of Payday mechanics?

I will bet on the Space Hulk update to be a better co-op experience than this, although all of those games are second-grade experiences at this point.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this looked excellent, but I really don't love the name. The team size was shocking.

Manwell

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Maybe if this was announced half a decade ago it would be more appealing to me but i am just so sick and tired of "dark zombie shooter" games.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks alright but considering the studio behind this it'll probably be flooded with microtransactions and probably lootboxes too

So ewww, I'll gladly pass

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it looks like splitting off from your friends in this game is going to suck as much as it does in L4D and Payday.

I'm into it. :)

Eorl

Oct 30, 2017
Australia
Absolutely stunning look artstyle and gameplay elements but I can not at all fund the developers who ruined Payday 2 through actual pay2win loot crates that were sold as "skins" for guns but had actual stats and mechanical changes. You want to see real pay2win, look at Payday 2 and you'll find utterly disgusting fleecing mechanics in place to get as much money as possible from players with little to no reward. I understand it isn't the exact studio who made Payday but a mixture of old employees I still can not support anything to do with that developer be it by namesake.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely stunning look artstyle and gameplay elements but I can not at all fund the developers who ruined Payday 2 through actual pay2win loot crates that were sold as "skins" for guns but had actual stats and mechanical changes. You want to see real pay2win, look at Payday 2 and you'll find utterly disgusting fleecing mechanics in place to get as much money as possible from players with little to no reward.
Heeh, didn't know that. That's a much bigger deal than the title "controversy" lol.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Days Gone is having other people ape its main gimmick (WWZ zombies) before it even launches.

Really these were likely developed and implemented independently of each other (games take years to make) and all based on the movie depiction... but it does make Days Gone seem less unique. A game that already has an optics problem of looking too much like TLoU, in an ever-oversaturating zombie genre.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, I don't like dark looking games of creepy aliens, but I need more co-op titles in my life.

Oct 27, 2017
I wrote off Payday after they dropped the ball so hard (in my book) on Payday 2. From the gameplay, to the heists, to the way the devs interacted with their fans.

Being said. This looks amazing, and I am willing to give them a second chance. We all make mistakes. I can't wait for this, the 4p co op shooter like these are my absolute jam.